Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
RAM division of Stellantis has it's work cut out in developing a Ram 1500 that can compete with GM, Ford, Rivian and Tesla EV trucks.

Wonder what they will have to standout from the other EV trucks? Seems 4 wheel steering is not a standout anymore.

Mary Barra will have some time before RAM will come into the EV truck space, so no worries yet.
Sponsored

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
RAM division of Stellantis has it's work cut out in developing a Ram 1500 that can compete with GM, Ford, Rivian and Tesla EV trucks.

Wonder what they will have to standout from the other EV trucks? Seems 4 wheel steering is not a standout anymore.

Mary Barra will have some time before RAM will come into the EV truck space, so no worries yet.
Mary Barra will not need to worry about RAM.
By the time the RAM ships in volume, the Cybertrucks & Ford Lightnings will own the full-size truck market.
Mary Barra will probably be out of a job as "world leader of EVs" and CEO.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
By the time the RAM ships in volume, the Cybertrucks & Ford Lightnings will own the full-size truck market.
RAM is getting in late, just like Toyota, and will suffer market share. But years down the line things may change. Dodge was late in the game getting a diesel pickup offering(1989 w/Cummins 5.9).

10 yrs from now who knows what the leader will be among GM, Ford and RAM.(excluding Tesla because they will still lead all three of those mentioned).

Mary Barra is probably getting close to retirement anyways.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
We won’t see too many RAM EVs on the road. A little over half a million.

As Bill Gates said: “640K RAM ought to be enough for anybody”

Thank god I can’t get banned for low quality nerd humor.

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here's a list of Featured Exhibitors at 2022 CES

Some of these are interesting. John Deere - is this a first at CES?

Will be interesting to see what Bosch, Stellantis, BMW, DAIMLER and HYUNDAI plan to exhibit.

Featured Exhibitors
See cutting-edge technologies and the latest product launches from global tech powerhouses and promising entrepreneurs at CES® 2022. These are the companies paving the way for the future.
Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES accenture-logo_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES amazon_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES amd_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES adi-logo_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES att-business-logo_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES blackberry-logo_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES bosch_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES bmw-logo_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES canon-logo_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES daimler_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES gm_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES google_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES hisense_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES hp_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES hyundai_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES ibm_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES intel_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES deere-logo_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES lenovo_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES lg_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES meta-logo_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES microsoft-logo_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES nikon-reg_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES nvdia-logo_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES nxp-logo_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES oracle-logo_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES pg_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES panasonic_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES qc_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES samsung_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES schneider_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES sierraspace_logo_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES sony_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES stellantis-logo_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES t-mobile_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES tusimple-logo_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES verizon_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES vive-htc_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES voxx_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES warnermedia-logo_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES waymo-logo_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES westinghouse-negative_logo-blue_300x150

Tesla Cybertruck Chevy Silverado EV to debut at CES xperi_300x150

Flad11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck someday
Country flag
Wow, the main reason I am buying the Cybertruck is because of the experience I have had with my Silverado. The problems I have had to put up with or fix myself were also ignored by GM when I contacted them for help just after the warranty expired on my $45k truck. They really just need to copy the Cybertruck as it addresses the problems I have had right out of the starting gate. I know it’s not nice to bash a product on a public forum but I am still pissed about it and GM has not helped me one bit. So here is my airing of the grievances with GM and the reasons why Mary Barra’s statement “Silverado will be “Unmatched” hits a nerve with me.

1. AC system…It is a known problem with my Mexican made 2014 Silverado that the ac condenser forms cracks in the condenser welds allowing R134a refrigerant to escape to the atmosphere. This happened to me at 37,000 miles (1000 miles over the warranty). This happened to so many people that GM could not make enough replacement condensers for people to purchase from them for well over a year leaving Silverado owners with NO air conditioning on a fairly new truck . After a year of this a third party vendor released a replacement condenser on Amazon. With this new part I had to move the radiator to get to the condenser and teach myself the proper way of evacuating, lubing and refilling the system after I replaced the condenser.
CYBERTRUCK solution- OCTOVALVE…it is underappreciated how great it will be replacing an A/C system with this brilliant solution.

2. Rust preventative frame coating peeling. There was a GM recall on this, but it happened to my truck outside of the recall coverage period and GM would not help me. My frame is so rusted I had to replace my spare tire mount under the bottom of the truck.
CYBERTRUCK solution -SS Exoskeleton

3. Bus cables that transfer signal from the door controls broke on both front doors disabling all controls. Once again not covered by GM all though It was a widely known issue. I had to disassemble the doors on my truck with 39k miles to replace the bus cables.
CYBERTRUCK solution - Unified wiring harness (No independent signal cables going to everything like in the Silverado which saves the need for lots of cable)

4. cancer on the bed wheel wells. All Silverados get it sooner or later. Mine has the dreaded rust bubbles coming through the paint.
CYBERTRUCK solution - SS skin

5. Silverado horrible lagging voice activated controls and delayed back up camera. The human interface software which I never asked for seems like a 5 year old wrote it.
CYBERTRUCK solution- Hardware 4 computer and over the air software updates.

I can go on and on as this is just the top of the iceberg….can’t wait for my Cybertruck

Do you have the oil consumption problem too? Mine goes through a quart nearly every thousand miles. That’s a huge reason I want the cyber truck.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Technically “Unmatched” isn’t exclusively positive. It might not even be particularly positive.
They have one. They made a second one but the two are just a bit off… they are unmatched.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Hope the Silverado EV has a better tow rating than the 1000 HP Hummer EV of 7, 500 lbs.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/43308...x-tow-rating-is-lower-than-the-chevy-colorado
The Hummer isn’t meant to actually do anything other than make you look like the sort of shallow rich person who would own a Hummer.

It is entirely likely that the Hummer EV will go down in history as being the least efficient passenger EV ever made. It is unlikely anyone will ever deliberately create something like that ever again.

It’s unmatched.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Hummer isn’t meant to actually do anything other than make you look like the sort of shallow rich person who would own a Hummer.

It is entirely likely that the Hummer EV will go down in history as being the least efficient passenger EV ever made. It is unlikely anyone will ever deliberately create something like that ever again.

It’s unmatched.
Would be nice to be in that position.

Cyber-Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Silverado
Country flag
Do you have the oil consumption problem too? Mine goes through a quart nearly every thousand miles. That’s a huge reason I want the cyber truck.
Not as bad as you, but I do have to add 1 1/2 quarts between oil changes which is a PITA. Like I said and as you know the problems I have listed are only the tip of the iceberg with my Silverado.
Just think of all the time and money spent on maintenance that will go away with our Cybertrucks.

Every time I have to get under the truck for maintenance and I get rust all over me I cuss GM.
The corrosion made changing the brakes so much harder. My old f150, my wife’s Honda Accord and my son’s Subaru Outback were a dream to change the brakes out in comparison.

With the regenerating braking on the Cybertruck it should really cut down on how often we even have to change the brake pads. For tire/brake maintenance just imagine raising one of the tires using the air suspension and not having to jack the truck up, but only slipping a jack stand under there for safety and letting down the suspension a bit with a button (heaven for a guy who has had to work on his truck…a.k.a. all Silverado owners).

Last edited:

Flad11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck someday
Country flag
Not as bad as you, but I do have to add 1 1/2 quarts between oil changes which is a PITA. Like I said and as you know the problems I have listed are only the tip of the iceberg with my Silverado.
Just think of all the time and money spent on maintenance that will go away with our Cybertrucks.

Every time I have to get under the truck for maintenance and I get rust all over me I cuss GM.
The corrosion made changing the brakes so much harder. My old f150, my wife’s Honda Accord and my son’s Subaru Outback were a dream to change the brakes out in comparison.

With the regenerating braking on the Cybertruck it should really cut down on how often we even have to change the brake pads. For tire/brake maintenance just imagine raising one of the tires using the air suspension and not having to jack the truck up, but only slipping a jack stand under there for safety and letting down the suspension a bit with a button (heaven for a guy who has had to work on his truck…a.k.a. all Silverado owners).
I agree. I had rust starting within a few years of buying brand new. I’ve also had to replace the front differential recently and I’m only at 115k for miles.

It will be so nice not to have to check and add oil every other month. And I also look forward to using the air suspension to take off a tire. We could do that on some vehicle trailers in the military and it was so fast. Hopefully the air compressor will be big enough to use an impact gun too.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Yeah... both of my Fathers Silverado's (2007 and now 2018) have been pretty crappy. He had a good deal through work, main reason for owning. A lot of AC and electrical issues on his 2018 with 43,000k miles. Plus the roof console likes to fall out and rattle. I think the truck is held together with tape and dental floss or something.
Sponsored