Cyberlandr Install

CyberFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
We don’t know how much the range will be affected by a collapsible camper.
we don’t need to know the precise number to know the range will be drastically reduced…. based on the hit to range reported by owners who had cargo bed payloads near max capacity (which by all accounts this kit will approach) the range will likely be cut in half…

CyberFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Still spam.

I'm bowing out of this conversation.

-Crissa
let the record show, this poster who vehemently defended this Kit, and stated that it effectively covered their “Use Case” perfectly, did not even put down $100 for a preorder…. Case closed

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
let the record show, this poster who vehemently defended this Kit, and stated that it effectively covered their “Use Case” perfectly, did not even put down $100 for a preorder…. Case closed
Okay, one more thing:

Dude, I can not afford this product. I've been pretty clear as to what I can and can't afford on this forum. Yeesh. Not sure why you think this is a point in your favor.

Tesla Cybertruck Cyberlandr Install UnSCruz2023YellowHanger

Tesla Cybertruck Cyberlandr Install PXL_20230816_043425919.NIGHT

Tesla Cybertruck Cyberlandr Install PXL_20230817_022129645

Tesla Cybertruck Cyberlandr Install 220904_Tentinside

Anyone paying attention to this forum knows I'm serious about camping. I do it remote, I do it at festivals. I do it on the cheap, and I build my own tents when needed.

My car didn't cost as much as the Cyberlandr; but I go to the beach and see the dozens of trucks with pop-ups along Steamer Lane. I know there's a market.

And I also know the Cybertruck's return range isn't 100 miles. Yeah, I don't have a Tesla. I only have a lowly Zero, I know how to deal with range woes.

Tesla Cybertruck Cyberlandr Install IMAG1493

-Crissa

CyberFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Okay, one more thing:

Dude, I can not afford this product. I've been pretty clear as to what I can and can't afford on this forum. Yeesh. Not sure why you think this is a point in your favor.

UnSCruz2023YellowHanger.jpg

PXL_20230816_043425919.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20230817_022129645.jpg

View attachment 45992

Anyone paying attention to this forum knows I'm serious about camping. I do it remote, I do it at festivals. I do it on the cheap, and I build my own tents when needed.

My car didn't cost as much as the Cyberlandr; but I go to the beach and see the dozens of trucks with pop-ups along Steamer Lane. I know there's a market.

And I also know the Cybertruck's return range isn't 100 miles. Yeah, I don't have a Tesla. I only have a lowly Zero, I know how to deal with range woes.

IMAG1493.jpg

-Crissa

220904_Tentinside.jpg
Money isn’t the main issue…as mentioned I own a Cyberbeast and I wouldn’t buy this kit for all the reasons I posted but mainly due to the fact that it does not allow the use of the range extender…and like you I camp and am fine using my pop up and rinsePro to shower if need-be…I could post some pics of our surf trips down to Baja to demonstrate how minimalist we are…they make your tent look like the Taj Mahal.

Time will tell if I’m right about the success of this kit.

spoiler: I’m right. 😁

rizvend

First Name
CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
Last week I took delivery in Colorado of my Foundation AWD Cybertruck and loved it! Less than 24 hours later, after I made sure it would fit in my relatively small garage,
PXL_20240423_215430143.jpg
I turned it over to Lance King, the owner of Cyberlandr, who had flown up from Austin and with whom I am sharing this vehicle. I have had a reservation with Cyberlandr for almost as long as I've had one for the Cybertruck (Reseravation night of the reveal, TSLA stockholder). After reviewing with Lance the udated plans for Cyberlandr, he drove it back to Austin to begin building the Alpha install. Our plan is to have this first install - along with others, I trust - by July 1 in order to begin Beta testing. Lance has 5 CTs on order, but I was able to get mine sooner so they could begin the fabrication of what I trust will be a marvelous addition to this wonderful vehicle. In fact, for me, it's the primary motivator for consumating the purchase of the CT. Their plan is to do a full reveal and launch in November 2024, after the Beta Testers have assisted in refining the product. They have amassed a wonderful team of engineers and talent that will make this an amazing contribution to the Cybertruck world.

PXL_20240424_193929346.jpg
Was wondering where this went. Thanks for the update!

rizvend

First Name
CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
This is one of the most engaging discussions I've seen here, popcorn and couch propped. 🫡🤔😆

Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model Y SR, Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
I think the Cyberlandr is a wonderful concept and hope that it will eventually go into production. If it does, I will install one in my Cybertruck. I only require that it be removable so that I still have use of a pickup when needed. The Cyberlandr addition will make my Cybertruck a truly multi-use EV.

The fact that Cyberlandr doesn't add aerodynamic drag at highway speeds far outweighs the loss of range due to maxing out CT's payload capacity of 2500 lbs. When moving at a constant highway speed, the effect of payload is to increase the rolling friction of the tires alone. The Cyberlandr's weight is not known, but will likely be less than 1500 lbs. Based on testing of the Ford Lightning hauling 1500 lbs of cargo which had a loss in range of about 12%, CT's range loss with the Cyberlandr will be far less than what's experienced when towing a trailer. Increasing tire pressure will reduce range loss further.

On a recent 1900 mile road trip in my CT with about 800 lbs of cargo in near ideal driving conditions at an average speed of 70 mph, I achieved an overall efficiency of 432 Wh/mile. With a 1500 lb Cyberlandr installed in addition to a rather hefty 800 lbs of additional payload, I should expect an efficiency of 432 x 1.12 = 483 Wh/mile giving me an 80% to 10% range of 178 miles at 70 mph, and likely over 200 miles in most cases. Since I tend to stop every 150 miles + or - to rest and charge, I anticipate cross country travel with a Cyberlandr to be quite practical.

Charging will not involve unhitching a trailer at a Supercharger, or having to charge both the truck and a battery equipped trailer. When stowed, I can park the truck in any standard parking space including parking garages, and I can use drive-thrus.

Off road destinations will be more accessible from a physical size standpoint, be protected from off-road hazards, and extend range with its high efficiency solar roof.

The stealth aspect is also important. It will make it less of a target from thieves.

The compromise is limited space, of course, although we haven't seen the final design to make a final judgement on that. You can get by with very little space is it's designed efficiently. Price is another unknown. I expect it to be at least $50K, fully featured.

As I see it, the Cybertruck/Cyberlandr combination is unmatched as a go-anywhere, go-anytime, self-contained habitat. I can't wait to see the first working prototype, and will gladly volunteer to be a Beta tester if the chance is offered.

hodginator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
I’m looking forward to seeing the end product. They have some innovative ideas to prevent drag and claim limited impact to range while creating a pretty cool camper. If they’re able to do it, I believe there’s a market for it. I hope they post some build progress videos/pics.

Cougs

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
collector chevy K20, cybertruck asap
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
As I understand it the fatal flaw to this concept has still not been addressed: the extended range battery pack CANNOT be accommodated with this add-on, and with the added weight the range will be utterly useless for long camping trips—which is precisely what this is designed for.

A self powered trailer like Pebble would not only not affect the range, but allow the range extender to be installed—not to mention provide much better accommodations.

hopefully they address this fatal flaw before it’s too late…
I also preoredered the cyberlandr and put a $1000 deposit on 2019 or 2020. Unfortunately the Cybertruck range was assumed to be 500 plus miles now as stated above do I want the extended range and get a different trailer??

I (Like the Cyberfreak) do not want to stop every 2 hrs or so. I drove multiple times from Spokane Washington to Zion National Park (about 14 hrs) with stops to fill in gas and go to destination and from San Diego to San Francisco no much stops except when going through Big Sir. Big Sir is beautiful so we stopped to enjoy the views. When we are on vacation we have limited time to spear so we like to just get wherever we want to get to like Zion.

The following are coming to Texas from Australia rugged outdoors company so you can purchase these off road trailers equipped with solar roof and lithium ion batteries.

1. https://bruderx.com/exp-7/ 1245 watts solar and 10KWH batteries

2. https://bruderx.com/exp-4/ 400 watts solar and 200 Amp lithium not much but enough combined with the truck batteries.

Last edited:

Cougs

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
collector chevy K20, cybertruck asap
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
Cyberlandr is a great concept being built by accomplished engineers etc...(check out their resume) and I preordered 2 in 2019 or 2020. I still think it is a great concept and should work well for the purpose. Unfortunately tesla changed the range from 500 plus to may be 200-300 miles range. The only solution for me ( not others) is the range extender which will not be used when driving long distance and have the Cyberlandr. It is an individual choice what one like to do and I am currently evaluating my choices because I really like the Cyberlandr concept and trust the people building it.
Sponsored