Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Not bad considering what would’ve happened to any other car or truck. Any other car or truck would’ve had the panels really damaged. Which are harder to repair with unibody construction. With the CT, pop off the damaged panels and replace.

Treynor

First Name
Treynor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual motor
Occupation
President
Country flag
If that was Jimmy filming as the semi truck driver pulled away, I can fully understand why I heard a little tiny bit of crying in the background audio.

REM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Telsa Model 3 Standard Range+ Extra Supermega
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I would have probably had a stroke and died on the spot.

Zorro

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation Series
Occupation
Global Security
Country flag
My emotional damage would've been much worst than the truck damage. This was not my truck and I have some sort of emotional damage! 😭

Reactions: REM

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Pre-ordered CT Tri Motor, F250, Toyota Tundra, Jeep Wrangler X, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Self employed Ice cream industry, Snow Plowing, Charter Fishing on the Great Lake Erie, Commercial Properties
Country flag
How is it that there are so few CTs on the road and so many are getting hit? That’s just plain crazy. I sold my S for a MY and I got hit on day three.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
How is it that there are so few CTs on the road and so many are getting hit? That’s just plain crazy. I sold my S for a MY and I got hit on day three.
That's two that I'm aware of, not including the guy that drove into a pole on the wrong side and blamed the accelerator pedal.

Reactions: REM

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Probably because auto accidents are a common occurrence, not just minor ones either, 40,000 people in the U.S. die every year in auto accidents.

Don't be fooled by the fact that the media only makes it into a national story when a Tesla is involved.

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
Chances are the castings and battery pack were heavily affected due to being pinned by a loaded 18 wheeler.

You can't tell from the outside because the exoskeleton did such a good job of transferring the load.

👀

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/oth...bility-concerns/ar-AA1nSEId?ocid=msedgntp&pc=

The crash involved a reversing semi-truck striking a parked Cybertruck at a loading dock. The situation worsened as they attempted to separate the two vehicles.

In the process of extricating the semi-truck, the two vehicles’ sides scraped together. The impact split the Cybertruck’s side open, resulting in significant visual damage. The semi-truck also sustained damage, with dislodged panels and scattered debris, due to the collision while its cargo door was open.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Chances are the castings and battery pack were heavily affected due to being pinned by a loaded 18 wheeler.

You can't tell from the outside because the exoskeleton did such a good job of transferring the load.

👀
So, you're saying the Cybertruck is really tough?

The owner is planning to get it repaired. You can follow the journey here:

(9) Jimmy 🔋🚘 on X: "@Radios4Freedom @Tesla I will post my fun repair journey over the next 1-16 months." / X

My guess is it's repairable. One tough truck.
Sponsored