First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
notes:

consider relocating sunlight roof vents to maximize top.

side sub assembles to repurpose the fit in the bed to work with other trucks snugly.

ease of removal and reattaching at campsite, quick lockdown connects, to give users options that way they can use the tonneau cover charging in addition to the camper.

you may have already considered, ruled out or think I’m foolish.

Cheers

Morristhecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I like this camper plan, but I'm concerned about the portion of the camper over the tailgate. You may not be able to use a supercharger with this configuration -which would be really important on roadtrips. If you have ever used a typical supercharger station, the pedestal is at the middle of and the back of the parking stall. I think the tailgate needs to be up and locked, and the camper extending out over the closed tailgate. Even then, you need to measure the hight of the supercharger pedestal to make sure the overhang is over top of it. Yes there are side access superchargers, usually 1 or 2 at a station, but my experience is they are usually the first to get occupied & you'd likely need to access the centre back of stall pedestal ones more frequently. I've backed my Model S with a hitch mounted rear bike rack into one of these several times, and it's tough to get the cable to reach the plug port. I've had to remove the whole thing just to charge on an occassion or two, which is a pain in the butt.

I'm also wondering how one would tie down such a camper. Would the L-Track or T-Slot be strong enough to hold it down, or would you need a traditional tie-down?

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I'm hoping that maybe Tesla will come out with some sort of extension cord for chargers. I've seen people have issues with their outdoor chargers depending where they park and I know I would definitely buy it just for peace of mind if I had a setup that would possibly cause an issue.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Update it with slides on the sides and at the back, like the latest from Lance, and I'm buying, lol.

Anything official yet and each of the trim's gross weight rating? Elon applied for it to be classified as medium and heavy trucks.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
It is a cybertruck camper with an expandable sliding solar panel.
When moving, the capacity of the solar panel is 1,000W, When parking, is 2,400W.
The way to expand is a sliding rail.

S0-칼라-En.jpg

▲ Moving condition

S1-칼라-테두리-차체.jpg

▲ Parking condition

Sliding rail 120kg 1000mm.jpg

▲ Sliding rail

※ The old threads(Cybertruck camper drawings) : https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/cybertruck-camper-drawings.2567/
This design will more than halve your CT range which sort of defeats the purpose of expanding solar. Better off towing a popup I'm afraid. Even more so for anything offroad.

The trick to good efficient packaging is to remove all of the useless air volume when traveling, and only add it back when parked.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
And we can dream that future solar panel can be rolled and we can tuck it in like awnings all around our RV.

Well, it's a start, it can already bend.

Erleichda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, X, 3 and Sprinter Van
Country flag
Make this baby a pop-top and you may be on to the best design so far. You could really minimze the aerodynamic impacts with limited change to total space when in camp mode. Most of these types could still support roof Solar/racks.
Pop-tops: https://fourwheelcampers.com/all-models/slide-in-popup-truck-campers/

Alternatively, look at attaching directly to rails? https://fourwheelcampers.com/model/project-m/

Last, why not use air baffle technology? You could have the slide in exactly fit the bed plus extend out as you do, but everything above would inflated at site.
https://www.opuscamper.us/

Erleichda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, X, 3 and Sprinter Van
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck camper with expandable sliding solar panel 1628037885927

Or

Take your other pop up design, but improve on it with the cab forward section. Hinge, and down slope the rear pop-top, so that only very little is hard-sided.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck camper with expandable sliding solar panel 1628038156197
Sponsored