Cybertruck Delivery DELAYS -- mine is pending, missing parts in Austin

CybertruckRN1127

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Model X
Country flag
My CT was scheduled to arrive at Brownsville, TX on 2/1. I would be taking delivery today (2/3) I already paid and everything!

But it appears CTs are being held in waiting area, pending missing parts in Austin. ☹

No update on delivery date and system still says arriving on 2/1. 🤷🏻‍♂️
They are missing the wheel cap and holding the CT because of owners complained they were missing during delivery. All CTs are delayed until March 😀
Sponsored

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
I'm supposed to take delivery in about five hours and just got a call telling me they found a problem with an interior door panel and they won't allow me to take delivery until it is replaced. Same situation where I've fully paid for the vehicle and they can't give me an ETA on when I can take delivery now. I asked for an exception since it doesn't sound like it's an issue that makes the truck not drivable, but if they deny that, I'm probably not going to be much fun to deal with.
Yeah I get it. I’d be really bummed too but I would say please, please, please don’t take your frustration out on the peeps at the SCs.

This isn’t their fault. I’m sure they’re pissed as well considering they are going to take the brunt of customers frustrations.

i can’t imagine how bad it sucks to work at the Tesla SC right now with these CT shenanigans playing out right now…. :/

bwilliam79

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT DM, Tesla MY LR, Tesla MY SR, Rivian R1S
Country flag
Yeah I get it. I’d be really bummed too but I would say please, please, please don’t take your frustration out on the peeps at the SCs.

This isn’t their fault. I’m sure they’re pissed as well considering they are going to take the brunt of customers frustrations.

i can’t imagine how bad it sucks to work at the Tesla SC right now with these CT shenanigans playing out right now…. :/
100%. I let my temper get the best of me after they said they would not make an exception and after I had already paid for the vehicle, but you are spot on and I called the guy back and apologized to him. I told him I know it’s not his fault and he’s just doing his job and that I appreciate them wanting to deliver a vehicle as perfect as possible. Sounds like they’ll have replacement parts Tuesday/Wednesday and hopefully I can get rescheduled to late next week.

All in all, it’s a minor bump in the road.

Eagle4

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red M3 white M3 grey MY
Occupation
MTM Assembly
Country flag
The door panel houses amongst other things sensors showing the doors are open or closed, which could interfere with safety systems and there wouldn't be any place to mount the emergency, exit handle or any electronic controls to open the door.

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
100%. I let my temper get the best of me after they said they would not make an exception and after I had already paid for the vehicle, but you are spot on and I called the guy back and apologized to him. I told him I know it’s not his fault and he’s just doing his job and that I appreciate them wanting to deliver a vehicle as perfect as possible. Sounds like they’ll have replacement parts Tuesday/Wednesday and hopefully I can get rescheduled to late next week.

All in all, it’s a minor bump in the road.
Awesome! You rock!

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
They are missing the wheel cap and holding the CT because of owners complained they were missing during delivery. All CTs are delayed until March 😀
they are not witholding the truck for the hubcaps, they are still being delivered, just without hubcaps

Ward L

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, FS CT AWD
Country flag
Saying it as nicely as possible, I don't think it is right for them to take your money before they inspect the truck and have it perfectly ready to release to you. But then again, Tesla is pretty good at taking our money before the product is ready: FSD, $200M in reservations, etc.

scohen2002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
I asked for an exception since it doesn't sound like it's an issue that makes the truck not drivable, but if they deny that, I'm probably not going to be much fun to deal with.
just in case it makes you feel any better I completed final payment Jan 9th and they withdrew 30k from my account Jan 12th and I don’t even have a vin yet. I called to try to not be fun to deal with and they said my two options were to leave it alone or cancel the order and redo it over again putting me back into the submitted order queue at the top. They would not simply put the money back until delivery was scheduled.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
just in case it makes you feel any better I completed final payment Jan 9th and they withdrew 30k from my account Jan 12th and I don’t even have a vin yet. I called to try to not be fun to deal with and they said my two options were to leave it alone or cancel the order and redo it over again putting me back into the submitted order queue at the top. They would not simply put the money back until delivery was scheduled.
This is amazing. When I suggested that paying with a certified check after seeing the vehicle was the best way, people dog piled me saying that it would be absurd to believe that tesla would do anything other than give you back your money instantly. Funny how none of them have commented on your posts to say how this can't be true.

In all seriousness, that sucks, hope it's worth it in the end.

heems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y AWD, 2024 Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
I don’t know if there are a bunch of folks new to Tesla or it’s OCD where folks are compelled to press a button in the app because it is enabled. Here is a PSA: you are not required to pay before you see and inspect your car. I have bought 3 cars from Tesla so far and only made payment at physical delivery after going over the car. Yes, the button will be enabled beforehand. Yes, you will get texts saying complete the step. But you are not required to do so. And as for payment I have done both wire & ach (plaid) as payment methods in the app after inspection to satisfaction. Hope this helps.

bwilliam79

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT DM, Tesla MY LR, Tesla MY SR, Rivian R1S
Country flag
That would be aggravating for sure. This is not our first Tesla, so I held off on any payments until I had a VIN and delivery date assigned. I held off on sending the down payment until about 24 hours prior to delivery and after multiple confirmations everything was on track. My issue was that this sounded like a pretty glaring cosmetic issue with an interior door panel, they’d had the truck on-site since at least Wednesday, and it took until five hours before delivery on Saturday for anyone to notice. Had they told me on Wednesday, Thursday, or even Friday before I sent final payment that we needed to delay due to a defect they found, I would have been disappointed but not angry. It was the fact they didn’t find the issue until after they had $100k of my money and on the first call they couldn’t even tell me how long it would take to get resolved.

All that said, they called back within two hours letting me know the parts are being expedited and should be here Tuesday or Wednesday, hopefully taking delivery next Saturday instead. Still frustrating they have my money and I have nothing to show for it, but I’m past the mad stage and trying to appreciate that I’m fortunate to even be dealing with this first world problem. There are bigger things to be concerned about in life.
Sponsored