joneschris903

First Name
chris jones
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
Alright, I'm ready to share my thoughts on the Cybertruck I recently picked up on Feb 9. The delivery experience was a bit different from what I've seen online, but it was well-handled. The truck was separated from the rest of the Tesla service area in a different parking lot, which was a nice touch. My delivery person was exceptional, reminding me of the old days of Tesla where you had a dedicated representative guiding you through everything. She even allowed photos, shared her experiences, and offered tips on maintenance. As a long-time Tesla owner, this personal touch was appreciated.

Here are a few highlights from my experience:

• Fit and finish on the Cybertruck surpasses any other Tesla I've encountered, including my wife's late 2023 Model Y.
  • The sound system is impressively powerful.
  • Despite the heavy doors, even my 65-year-old mother and 8-year-old daughter have no trouble opening them.
  • Be cautious of other drivers taking photos, as I encountered several swerving into my lane while distracted.
  • Interestingly, many people don't recognize the Cybertruck, and those who do often inquire about its range.
Regarding the vehicle's features:

• The software is robust, although I'm still exploring some inactive features like Bluetooth headset connectivity for passengers.
  • While there's some road noise, it's not overly intrusive, especially when the stereo is on.
  • Visibility is excellent thanks to the cameras, which my family and I prefer over traditional mirrors.
Now, onto performance:

• The mileage on the Cybertruck is impressive, especially compared to my previous Model X.
  • Supercharging is fast initially but tapers off after reaching a certain percentage, though it's still sufficient for most road trips.
  • I've noticed the rear camera gets dirty easily, so a retrofit might be necessary.
  • The truck attracts fingerprints and dust, but I'm treating it like any other truck.
In conclusion, the Cybertruck meets my needs well, though I still have more testing to do. I plan to explore its towing capabilities and possibly consider a wrap in the future. Overall, I'm impressed with its performance, and I look forward to further adventures with it.

GFyIQbVWwAABF2d.jpg

20240209_172340.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

joneschris903

First Name
chris jones
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
Congratulations and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and pictures. Best post pagination award too.

Would enjoy hearing about updates. Enjoy!
Thank you I have some more updates coming in the form of videos as well just need to get everything together

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
Alright, I'm ready to share my thoughts on the Cybertruck I recently picked up on Feb 9. The delivery experience was a bit different from what I've seen online, but it was well-handled. The truck was separated from the rest of the Tesla service area in a different parking lot, which was a nice touch. My delivery person was exceptional, reminding me of the old days of Tesla where you had a dedicated representative guiding you through everything. She even allowed photos, shared her experiences, and offered tips on maintenance. As a long-time Tesla owner, this personal touch was appreciated.

Here are a few highlights from my experience:

• Fit and finish on the Cybertruck surpasses any other Tesla I've encountered, including my wife's late 2023 Model Y.
  • The sound system is impressively powerful.
  • Despite the heavy doors, even my 65-year-old mother and 8-year-old daughter have no trouble opening them.
  • Be cautious of other drivers taking photos, as I encountered several swerving into my lane while distracted.
  • Interestingly, many people don't recognize the Cybertruck, and those who do often inquire about its range.
Regarding the vehicle's features:

• The software is robust, although I'm still exploring some inactive features like Bluetooth headset connectivity for passengers.
  • While there's some road noise, it's not overly intrusive, especially when the stereo is on.
  • Visibility is excellent thanks to the cameras, which my family and I prefer over traditional mirrors.
Now, onto performance:

• The mileage on the Cybertruck is impressive, especially compared to my previous Model X.
  • Supercharging is fast initially but tapers off after reaching a certain percentage, though it's still sufficient for most road trips.
  • I've noticed the rear camera gets dirty easily, so a retrofit might be necessary.
  • The truck attracts fingerprints and dust, but I'm treating it like any other truck.
In conclusion, the Cybertruck meets my needs well, though I still have more testing to do. I plan to explore its towing capabilities and possibly consider a wrap in the future. Overall, I'm impressed with its performance, and I look forward to further adventures with it.

GFyIQbVWwAABF2d.jpg

20240209_172340.jpg
Thanks for sharing and congratulations. It’s these type of reporting from owner’s sharing their experiences that get me the most excited. I appreciate all owners sharing good or bad because it’s all important and matters. Hearing the good reviews is hopefully a sign that Tesla is honing in on their process and we get more consistently great trucks.

Reactions: REM

Derektsla

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
Great post! Can you elaborate on what you meant by the range compared to your Model X? I have a 2018 model X, original rated for 295 miles, but it’s not uncommon for me to get a lot less. I probably average anywhere from 350-435 wh/mile, definitely not conservative.

OP
OP

joneschris903

First Name
chris jones
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
Great post! Can you elaborate on what you meant by the range compared to your Model X? I have a 2018 model X, original rated for 295 miles, but it’s not uncommon for me to get a lot less. I probably average anywhere from 350-435 wh/mile, definitely not conservative.
In comparison to my previous vehicle, a late 2017 Model X 75D, I've noticed significant improvements in the Cybertruck's HVAC system. The Model X lacked heat pumps, leading to higher battery consumption, particularly during extreme weather conditions. However, the Cybertruck's HVAC system appears to maintain consistent power consumption levels regardless of temperature fluctuations.

Living in Texas, where temperatures can vary widely, I've experienced both hot, 80-degree days and below-freezing weather. Remarkably, the Cybertruck's range remained consistent in these diverse conditions. In the Model X, I typically achieved around 215 miles on a good day with HVAC usage, with cold weather notably draining the battery more quickly.

In contrast, I've observed impressive efficiency with the Cybertruck, averaging about 380 wh/mile in mixed highway and city driving conditions, with temperatures ranging from 65 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit. Overall, the Cybertruck's HVAC system appears to be a significant improvement over previous Tesla models, providing consistent performance and efficiency across various weather conditions.

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
In comparison to my previous vehicle, a late 2017 Model X 75D, I've noticed significant improvements in the Cybertruck's HVAC system. The Model X lacked heat pumps, leading to higher battery consumption, particularly during extreme weather conditions. However, the Cybertruck's HVAC system appears to maintain consistent power consumption levels regardless of temperature fluctuations.

Living in Texas, where temperatures can vary widely, I've experienced both hot, 80-degree days and below-freezing weather. Remarkably, the Cybertruck's range remained consistent in these diverse conditions. In the Model X, I typically achieved around 215 miles on a good day with HVAC usage, with cold weather notably draining the battery more quickly.

In contrast, I've observed impressive efficiency with the Cybertruck, averaging about 380 wh/mile in mixed highway and city driving conditions, with temperatures ranging from 65 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit. Overall, the Cybertruck's HVAC system appears to be a significant improvement over previous Tesla models, providing consistent performance and efficiency across various weather conditions.
Excellent analysis, thank you!

tbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 F150 Lariat - Cybertruck Res #113xxx
Country flag
Congrats! You weren't driving down O'Connor in Las Colinas the other morning, were you? Saw one drive by on my morning walk with the dog (and another in Southlake the weekend prior).

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
While there's some road noise, it's not overly intrusive, especially when the stereo is on.
Not sure noise cancellation has been implemented yet --->

I believe during the Munro factory tour video one of the Tesla guys said “when we start doing active noise cancellation” as in it isn’t activated yet. But aside from that hint, I would agree I don’t think anyone knows for sure yet.
Kyle is giving the impression that noise cancelation is also not available.

Go to 59:00 or so here:

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
One thing made me sad, the bluetooth for headset. This is a must for my karaoke.

About the noise, or if there are loud squeaking due to misfitted panels, just turn up the volume of your radio. That's the reason for the top-of-the-line audio system.

Joking aside, good write up. Thanks,

OP
OP

joneschris903

First Name
chris jones
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
Not sure noise cancellation has been implemented yet --->
I think Kyle missed a few things in his video I think he was trying to cover everything he could in a short amount of time but I am 100% something is going on when the radio is off and when it's on i am even talking about on level 1 the softest you can get. i will see if I can do some more tests to see how I can demonstrate. I do not want to discount maybe there are so many speakers even at 1 it drowns the sound out

OP
OP

joneschris903

First Name
chris jones
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
One thing made me sad, the bluetooth for headset. This is a must for my karaoke.

About the noise, or if there are loud squeaking due to misfitted panels, just turn up the volume of your radio. That's the reason for the top-of-the-line audio system.

Joking aside, good write up. Thanks,
i want to note that the speakers have so much bass in them that they do rattle something in the back as well as all mirrors in the truck on level 3 with Bass up in the equalizer
Sponsored