Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Lol guys come on.

What can you do with a 200kWh 1000kW peak battery pack? Energy weapons. Laser, rail gun, EM forcefield, FSD mine avoidance (coupled with persistent real time satellite imaging with Starlink), sacrificial FSD "kamikaze" CTs, electric shock armour, IR 360 surround vision, plus all the other goodies. :cool:
I like the way you think.
Pain field generators...
Sponsored

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
A shoe

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
SteveJobs famously said that “if a company isn’t obsoleting their own products the competition will”

ElonMusk astutely gave the world the apocalypse vehicle the world didn’t know it needed either
Speak for yourself. I've known I needed a vehicle like the Cybertruck since 1998! Back at pre-order 27,000, I can hold on a couple more years for its arrival. Probable get the Cyberlandr for it as well.

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
I heard rumor that Elon did an interview this week and he said that he expects the CyberTruck to come out "late in 2023", with volume production in 2024.

Did anyone catch that interview?

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
I heard here, but he didn't provide a link to the interview...

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Hmm. WAG 1 million actual reservations to be fulfilled in 4 plus years. I guess that confirms 250000 units per year. I was hoping for a little faster. Not sure my Sienna with 229k is going to make it.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I heard rumor that Elon did an interview this week and he said that he expects the CyberTruck to come out "late in 2023", with volume production in 2024.

Did anyone catch that interview?
Elon didn't use the term 'late' as far as I can tell.

-Crissa

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Here's the interview in question...

The CT question is at the 59m30s mark.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Electric Viking is very enthusiastic about EVs and Tesla, but accuracy is not his strong point.

Anything he says about any company I would question and verify. Musk did not say anything in his most recent interview about when Cybertruck production would start.

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Thanks.

I see he mentions the interview....but yes, you are right, he didn't tell us WHAT interview.
Electric Viking is very enthusiastic about EVs and Tesla, but accuracy is not his strong point.

Anything he says about any company I would question and verify. Musk did not say anything in his most recent interview about when Cybertruck production would start.
Either it was NOT this interview, or, you are correct...the Electric Viking mis-spoke because Elon did not say anything about start of production in this particular interview.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Thanks.

I see he mentions the interview....but yes, you are right, he didn't tell us WHAT interview.

Either it was NOT this interview, or, you are correct...the Electric Viking mis-spoke because Elon did not say anything about start of production in this particular interview.
I struggle to get through a lot of his videos. In that same video he said the Cybertruck would be 2.5 years late… which is only accurate if they don’t start production until June 2024. It’s possible, but a bit early to make that claim.

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I struggle to get through a lot of his videos. In that same video he said the Cybertruck would be 2.5 years late… which is only accurate if they don’t start production until June 2024. It’s possible, but a bit early to make that claim.
I think it is fair to say, or to estimate, that the CyberTruck is late...by how much is open for debate of course.

If I had to bet cash money on whether the CyberTruck will come out to the masses in the 1st half of 2023, or the 2nd half of 2023, I am definitely NOT going with the first half of 2023. Chip shortages, supply chain issues, China plant shut downs, battery production delays, etc. are all real hurdles. There could be new hurdles that pop up this year.

Hopefully Tesla can build some Cybertrucks in the 2nd half of 2023, and get to full production ramp early in 2024. But like Elon said, it will take 3 years to get through the current waiting list.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think it is fair to say, or to estimate, that the CyberTruck is late...by how much is open for debate of course.

If I had to bet cash money on whether the CyberTruck will come out to the masses in the 1st half of 2023, or the 2nd half of 2023, I am definitely NOT going with the first half of 2023. Chip shortages, supply chain issues, China plant shut downs, battery production delays, etc. are all real hurdles. There could be new hurdles that pop up this year.

Hopefully Tesla can build some Cybertrucks in the 2nd half of 2023, and get to full production ramp early in 2024. But like Elon said, it will take 3 years to get through the current waiting list.
It’s not subject to debate.

Right now it is 5.5 months late. That is fact.

When you say “They are 2.5 years late” you are speculating and passing it as fact. It is impossible for it to be 2.5 years late only 5 months after it was due.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
With 5 or more tubes a day, I think he has people probably on a commission providing material… Often it looks like he is reading off a script. Just churns out for clicks. A bit of similarity to Torque news.
Sponsored