QuanTim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Overall - love the design and the subtle changes. It's barely a departure from the Alfa prototype - which is what we hoped/expected.

Initial thoughts/hopes

Lights:
  • The front light bar looks a bit taller/thicker - only by a few cm's. I don't mind, this light bar is a visually defining feature of this truck so it's nice it stands our more.
  • Headlights: Can't really tell anything from the pic in terms of what type of headlights these are but suspect they will have put enough thought into brightness, matrix lights, range, etc.
  • Top light bar: could be there or could be not. It looks like they might've been removed but they could equally be hidden by the tints. Would be nice if they were still there
  • Indicator lights: look small and quite low, hoping they are integrated into the front light bar (see below)
Hopes/Wishes
  • The headlights seem quite low down. They are also nestled between the black bumper and the metal bumper (what looks to be the frunk forward flap). If you are traversing some muddy ass water or actual mud gets stuck in between, it's hard to know how that section will be automatically cleared. This is why I think that the top light bar must be hidden because how else will you be able to light your way? The front light material seems to disperse the photons in all directions (as opposed to having focused light beams) so I hope that the top light bar is present and only just hidden behind the tint.
  • That the headlights are matrix LED
  • That the front light bar is RGB and that the indicator lights blink from the "corners" of the bar - then turn back to white when not blinking
  • Hope they figure out how to make auto-high beams actually work!
Frunk:
  • No telling how this will be integrated. People have suggested a clamshell, but I personally can't see how that will mechanically work given the lines - but, Tesla has some of the best engineers in the business so could easily have cracked it.
Hopes/Wishes
  • Actually, in looking at the picture more closely, I believe the front light bar will lift up (attached the metal "hood". And that potentially the lower section will fold down - there seems to be enough space between bumper and metal for it to fold down without hindrance. I hope this is the case
  • If they "cracked that", then that will be key in countering the offers from F150 and Hummer and bettering that of Rivian. Time will tell.
Wiper
  • Look perfectly fine. Absolutely no issues with it the way it is. I was half expecting a Koeinegsegg type vertical wiper placed smack bang in the middle (look at their latest car, Jesko for example). This set up works aesthetically and practically
Hopes/Wishes
  • I'm hoping that the wiper is NOT extendable and covers 90% of the screen. Adding extendable wipers seems unnecessarily complicated and prone to failure. Even if it's just the top right corner that gets missed, I'll be OK with that as a compromise.
  • In saying that, the wiper as seen in this pic certainly looks as if it will, considering it looks to be made of 3 separate parts, then the blade also looks to be split in two. If it is extendable, I hope they make it damn reliable and long lasting!
Mirrors
  • Look good all things considered.
Hopes/Wishes
  • Hope these are a) heated b) auto-dimming c) removable
Window's/Glass
  • All glass looks tinted. I don't recall Alfa having such heavily tinted glass
  • Curved windscreen matches the subtly curved front end - looks nice.
Hopes/Wishes
  • Glass comes tinted - as seen - as standard. Looks like the perfect amount of tint
  • That the glass is metal-ball proof this time!
Doors
  • No door handles will be interesting. They have enough experience with the X so hopefully they can make it even better than that.
  • You can just make out what looks like a button on the b-pillar which I guess is the backup option for opening the door. Though, that looks to be the option to open the front door - how would you open the back doors?
Hopes/Wishes
  • I hope they don't f**k any of the auto-presenting up.
  • They are reliable in winter
  • They make it easy for all users (driver and passengers) to understand/access
Wheels
  • Pretty much exact replicas of the Model 3 alloy wheels - but larger. I personally prefer the aero caps, but I think these alloys will look nice, especially when the car is in lowered state
Hopes/Wishes
  • I hope they come with original aero-caps and/or some form of choice at configuration

No comments yet on interior/rear end since none of these are visible in the pic.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
It looks tiny... like Maverick/Ranger size.
Ok. So it is much smaller than the prototype. Because either it is smaller, of that guy in the black top and hat is a giant. He can see over the top of it. I really like the size of the prototype. I think this thing should be priced in F150 range but compete with the F250 size class.
Everyone needs to remember this vehicle has variable height suspension. Without knowing what height it's set at, you cannot compare height between two different pictures/sightings.

Marty54

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Mold maker GM
Country flag
These are the wheels.

The other is a cover that goes over the top. It’s likely the aero cover will ship with the truck so the range is maximized.

1643006722674.png

If you look close, the custom tire with the pattern from the aero hubcap appears to still be there.

My Model Y has a similar setup, though these wheels are nicer looking under the aero cover (assuming it will have one). I like that you can ditch the cover and go with the Wheels if you want.
Realistic tires mean we are closer to factory build then ever.

Bren

First Name
Bren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Jeep Wrangler 4XE
Country flag
Windshield wiper needs to be an passenger side suspect that it could be a blind spot situation with the driver.
Would cause a worse blindspot on the passenger side. I suspect it's fully hidden by the pillar here, given the angle. Ask Jeep guys with roof racks that come down in the same area.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Would cause a worse blindspot on the passenger side. I suspect it's fully hidden by the pillar here, given the angle. Ask Jeep guys with roof racks that come down in the same area.
As a former Jeep guy with said roof rack, it wasn't an issue.