ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Looks like the proto has a shackle hitch on it. I wonder if they were pulling something as part of testing?

1643069756092.png
Wouldn't this be bad ass if it was a quad motor beta unit...and they have a video of it towing a rivian EV lol or even a hummer ev....up hill! ?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Wouldn't this be bad ass if it was a quad motor beta unit...and they have a video of it towing a rivian EV lol or even a hummer ev....up hill! ?
A semi with a loaded car carrier full of F-150s.

It is fully capable of pulling that much weight, it’s just not street legal.

Deleted member 3316

There are regulations for having fixed head and tail lights on production vehicles. They would have to have another set of "headlights" that would show when the frunk if open.
Headlights might be positioned just above the bumper. Bonnet light bar may only comprise high beam flood lights.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I do like what is shown, but I'd rather see it first from Elon's presentation if it is latest and authentic.

I also think they should scrub all leaked images for metadata or sources, and if they find out who leaked them that person should be held accountable legally as Tesla deems necessary.

But since (or if) it's leaked, I have a couple observations:

I like the rear view and tailgate appearance much better than the one at the first reveal.​
If that's the production wiper I was thinking there's the possibility it might telescopic extend it's length a little during operation, to reach more of the windshield. If so I think that would be cool.​
To those who think leaks are 'harmless' - I'm just hard-core and old-school when it comes to someone being entrusted with company
proprietory or non-public information. By leaking such photos if they are real, that person has stolen Elon's planned presentation moment in a
selfish upstaging manner - not cool! Elon has worked way too hard! It's selfish to think of only your impatience and not consider all the effort Elon and Tesla have put into the Cybertruck. Those who really appreciate that hard work know, that Elon and Tesla deserve first presentation.

Last edited:

Jstoltz54

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX450h, Model S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I like it. Looks a bit more polished.

I suspect the new design is going to be officially unveiled at the earnings call.
I hope so too. This vid is on YouTube under Brad Sloan, it includes a brief look underneath also.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I do like what is shown, but I'd rather see it first from Elon's presentation if it is authentic.

I also think they should scrub all leaked images for metadata or sources, and if they find out who leaked them that person should be fired and stripped of any Tesla stock options they might have.
Are you trying to kill us all? The wait has and continues to be pretty rough. If there were absolutely no leaks, this rough wait might just be unbearable, resulting in multiple deaths due to stress induced physical symptoms.

There is no harm being done by these leaks. Just let it go please.

Mr. Keys

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Reservation
Country flag
The wiper is terrible. Tesla should do it right and engineer to hide it ASAP. They are going to have to figure it out for the roadster anyway - shouldn't have that thing on their truck.

flamaest

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Do the interior sidewalls of the CT bed now look like they're slightly tapered inward as you get to the bed floor? I thought the original prototype showed they were 90' to the floor.

uff_da

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
That would be wild! My top wish is for a chilled frunk, so this would be like the freezer drawer in my refrigerator.

Lots of features could be added after sale, but integrating the frunk with the heat pump has to be designed in.
Sounds cool but would be annoying if parked nose to nose in a parking lot.

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
I do like what is shown, but I'd rather see it first from Elon's presentation if it is latest and authentic.

I also think they should scrub all leaked images for metadata or sources, and if they find out who leaked them that person should be fired and stripped of any Tesla stock options they might have.

I like the rear view and tailgate appearance much better than the one at the first reveal.​
If that's the production wiper I was thinking there's the possibility it might telescopic extend it's length a little during operation, to reach more of the windshield. If so I think that would be cool.​
To those who think leaks are 'harmless' - I'm just hard-core and old-school when it comes to someone being entrusted with company
proprietory or non-public information. By leaking such photos if they are real, that person has stolen Elon's planned presentation moment in a
selfish upstaging manner - not cool! Elon has worked way too hard! It's selfish to think of only your impatience and not consider all the effort Elon and Tesla have put into the Cybertruck. Those who really appreciate that hard work know, that Elon and Tesla deserve first presentation.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Photos Leaked! ? [Added: Video Showing Whole Truck -- Rear & Bed] IMG_0002.JPG

SS

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Tesla could have left the truck parked in the trailer or parked it in secure storage if they’d intended to keep this secret.

These guys clearly had no concerns about being identified and there were clearly a bunch of people with access to the area.

Nobody violated an NDA here, this was something Tesla allowed.

I’m not as harsh as you seem to be regarding leakers, but largely agree that if you are entrusted with confidential information you should respect that confidence. Does not seem to be the case here.
Sponsored