matte_black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I like these real wheels so much better.
Really?

I was thinking the opposite...the new wheels are a real downer.

For me, they're probably the single most disappointing thing about this "closer to production" aesthetic (well, 2nd only to that hideously large windshield wiper ?).

I actually quite liked the original concept wheels...they seemed to be fully in-tune with the Cybertruck's apocalyptic vibe.

By contrast, these new wheels just look like regular wheels...and they're awkwardly out of place hangin' out there on the Cybertruck (again, IMHO).

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Cool. Although with the tires, looking closely at this picture they seem to have the same custom cutouts for the caps:
Tires.jpg
Incidentally that is nearly the perfect tire for what I have in mind. Looks like it’ll roll well for normal day to day use and range, but also has the sort of tread which will be useful for chunky forest roads and light mud.

I like that they aren’t rolling it around with super aggressive off-road tires which look rad but won’t be practical for day-to-day use.

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
Overall, I’m glad to see they’ve kept quite a bit of what made the original cybertruck stand out like it did. Too often the final product is a sliver of what was shown as a prototype. I’m talking about you Gen1 Volt, but I digres.

I am very glad to see they’ve now put in an instrument cluster behind the yoke. Hoping we can in fact easily remove the mirrors after delivery and perhaps the side video feed can be displayed in the instrument cluster.

The wiper does look a bit odd/afterthought and would really have looked better if it could have somehow been stored under a cowl when not being used but I can honestly overlook this one thing as the truck has so much else going for it.

Final dimensions will be interesting. I currently have an Escalade ESV which is something like 224” in length. I think the prototype Cybertruck was a bit over 230”. When I have the rear hatch open on my Escalade in my garage there is only a few inches in front and behind the raised rear hatch so if they did ‘shrink’ it by 3% it’d be more around suburban/Yukon xl/escalade ESV length and may fit easier in many peoples garages. The original prototype would have been quite a tight fit in my garage leaving little squeeze by space behind the truck.

Last edited:

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
that was my observation....bed length...we still don't know