Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
i just hope you don’t lose money at 30% off……..you are too easy…I‘m out. BYE
Not sure how finances relate to gender. Other than maybe the wage gap. But you are gone. Have a wonderful day! Bye!
Sponsored

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Has anyone pointed out the difference in how the tailgate meets the sidewalls yet?

Recent leaked video:
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Photos Leaked! ? [Added: Video Showing Whole Truck -- Rear & Bed] 1643149962358

picture from the reveal:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Photos Leaked! ? [Added: Video Showing Whole Truck -- Rear & Bed] 1643150210204

I'm guessing the change was to keep some taillight/brakelight not hidden and not part of the moveable tailgate.

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Has anyone pointed out the difference in how the tailgate meets the sidewalls yet?

Recent leaked video:
1643149962358.png

picture from the reveal:

1643150210204.png

I'm guessing the change was to keep some taillight/brakelight not hidden and not part of the moveable tailgate.

At least we know now the earlier photo was a WeatherTech floor mat.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
That's a good question about the Model S rear screen. I think right now it does very little - video games don't even work while the car is in motion.

But road trips with my family work like this:
I drive, using pre-set way points. I do most of the navigation.
My mother (or spouse, if no mom) deals with snacks and any phone calls. That helps dealing with hotel arrangements.
My sister always takes the safe-passenger-back-seat. She's a whiz at finding us cool places to stop, even getting us in at appointment-only wineries or things like fair-trade vegetarian food in the Poconos. Her search-fu abilities are amazing.
Spouse and sister always handle the music, too. Mostly because I would listen to Crystal Method the whole way while mom would listen to Left Coast 70s.

So yeah, having that back input would be smart. Dunno if I'd pay for it, though. Prolly not.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
That's a good question about the Model S rear screen. I think right now it does very little - video games don't even work while the car is in motion.

But road trips with my family work like this:
I drive, using pre-set way points. I do most of the navigation.
My mother (or spouse, if no mom) deals with snacks and any phone calls. That helps dealing with hotel arrangements.
My sister always takes the safe-passenger-back-seat. She's a whiz at finding us cool places to stop, even getting us in at appointment-only wineries or things like fair-trade vegetarian food in the Poconos. Her search-fu abilities are amazing.
Spouse and sister always handle the music, too. Mostly because I would listen to Crystal Method the whole way while mom would listen to Left Coast 70s.

So yeah, having that back input would be smart. Dunno if I'd pay for it, though. Prolly not.

-Crissa
Oooo, hadn’t thought about tunes. And Car-i-yoki. Don’t know how they spell that. Anyhow… back seat peeps controlling the music for the sing-a-long.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Oooo, hadn’t thought about tunes. And Car-i-yoki. Don’t know how they spell that. Anyhow… back seat peeps controlling the music for the sing-a-long.
I can just imagine the possible conflict situations on morning school drop off trips. Or on family road trips.

Generally I’ve always run with the rule that the driver decides what plays on the vehicle sound system and how loud. If a passenger is not amenable to the choice, they can bring their own sounds and headphones.

But the reasoning was related to driver alertness and concentration. When FSD rolls out that reasoning might no longer apply. Then all bets are off as to how it will work best.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag

Recent leaked video:
1643149962358.png

picture from the reveal:

1643150210204.png

Well done, I was bringing this up on a different thread. Your photos show it perfectly. The first CT had lights inside the tailgate for when the tailgate was down. This new tailgate, seems like a good solution for that problem.

paulburgoa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Likely to be plastic to meet homologation for most markets. Bullbars are likely some the first aftermarket accessories to made.
Yeahs I agree, some powered coated bumper with the winch attachment will by the first mods! Looks good anyways, I’m glad we are starting to see some images and progress of the soon to be finished product

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
There is another thread where @Sirfun posted some good screen captures of them. It looks like they made the final which makes me happy.
I am not sure what that seam is for, but the seam where the lower part of the lid where it meets the quarter panel is not evident. Unless their panel gaps are amazingly precise.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Well done, I was bringing this up on a different thread. Your photos show it perfectly. The first CT had lights inside the tailgate for when the tailgate was down. This new tailgate, seems like a good solution for that problem.
Looks like more corners to smash to me. Tailgates take a lot of abuse. They need to be fairly simple and robust.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
The prototype is NOW female. Surgically removed already.
Wasn't there some kind of shackle through the hitch. Wouldn't that be a prince albert if we stay with this genital theme. So bad....admin please ban me.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
So I am fairly convinced the frunk opens with the lightbar and grill attached. It moves forward before lifting. This forward motion allows it to clear the wiper better and allows a very tight gap.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Photos Leaked! ? [Added: Video Showing Whole Truck -- Rear & Bed] Screenshot_20220126-085839_Samsung Internet

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
We were talking about the tires earlier and how close they were to the original prototype. [Banned Site] on Twitter posted this image mashup:

1643129124751.png

The bottom 2 shots are much older, the top is more recent. Looks like the newer tire is a tad bit less aggressive, but the hubcap and wheels look to be the same.

Those covers look futuristic, but I don't see any aerodynamic advantage. It is interesting that Tesla has probably partnered with a tire manufacturer. I would like more details on that.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
The Alpha version of the Cybertruck looks absolutely STUPID. Every forum member who reserved one should cancel their deposit immediately and request a $100 refund?
Yeah guys and gals.. your totally gonna get made fun of.. just cancel your orders now while you still can.
Sponsored