Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota 4Runner Cybertruck Reservation holder
Occupation
Reliability maintenance
Country flag
Does the reservation tracker take into account the postponement of production?
Sponsored

Trisem1

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
State
Country flag
I think I’m like 2 million in line lol

CTruckTooBig

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I think I’m like 2 million in line lol
As it should be!
Delivery date for you: 2035!!!
...just kidding, but who knows? I reserved the night of the reveal for a TriMotor but now with the advent of the 4 motor, who knows and no real delivery dates for anyone yet.

shilvock22

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Military
Country flag
This new quad motor News is a blessing and a curse. I love the idea that Rivian has created competition to push them to make the cybertruck even more badass. But this is also an easy excuse for Elon to get out of hundreds of thousands of reservations locked in at 2019 prices and get them to spend more on a fancier vehicle at 2022 inflation adjusted prices. No, all of us that wanted the first and best cybertruck out. The gate are likely going to have to pay well over $100,000 for the privilege. Any guesses as to how much the quad motor cybertruck will be? I'm thinking it starts at 130,000. That's pretty sad for hundreds of thousands of people that were hoping to have the best cyber truck out there for under $70,000.

CTruckTooBig

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
This new quad motor News is a blessing and a curse. I love the idea that Rivian has created competition to push them to make the cybertruck even more badass. But this is also an easy excuse for Elon to get out of hundreds of thousands of reservations locked in at 2019 prices and get them to spend more on a fancier vehicle at 2022 inflation adjusted prices. No, all of us that wanted the first and best cybertruck out. The gate are likely going to have to pay well over $100,000 for the privilege. Any guesses as to how much the quad motor cybertruck will be? I'm thinking it starts at 130,000. That's pretty sad for hundreds of thousands of people that were hoping to have the best cyber truck out there for under $70,000.
Not to mention range. Maybe the 4 motor could be the plaid version. Note: There are no 4 motor Tesla's yet. For individual control of the wheels for off road it's pretty interesting. But then the big elephant in the room...PRICE!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Without knowing what the post-quad lineup looks like, I think it’s impossible to know.

Seems pretty unlikely that Tesla is going to bump the price over $100k when Rivian is selling a quad motor truck for $70k.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Without knowing what the post-quad lineup looks like, I think it’s impossible to know.

Seems pretty unlikely that Tesla is going to bump the price over $100k when Rivian is selling a quad motor truck for $70k.
With Quad,Tesla gets to reset. The Quad takes the halo. Of all the Cybertrucks its badasserie, pardon my French, knows no equal.

Reset means Tesla will also revisit positioning the pinnacle icon where its launch chose to base it off the pickup entry point, the CT4 opens a number of variant possibilities.

Those variants will fit a number of uses that far exceed reasonable purposes yet slides in under the competition. Mercedes-Maybach Abloh offroad being only the latest halo offroad.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck reservation order number -- how to tell your place in line 81C2BC87-FAA2-42B6-B6C0-2208125D4172

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
With Quad,Tesla gets to reset. The Quad takes the halo. Of all the Cybertrucks its badasserie, pardon my French, knows no equal.

Reset means Tesla will also revisit positioning the pinnacle icon where its launch chose to base it off the pickup entry point, the CT4 opens a number of variant possibilities.

Those variants will fit a number of uses that far exceed reasonable purposes yet slides in under the competition. Mercedes-Maybach Abloh offroad being only the latest halo offroad.
It is a reset. I just struggle to see how it’s going to cost 45% more than it’s closest competitor.

The Mercedes is a concept car. Doesn’t count. Also, having the roll cage on the outside isn’t exactly very aero.

Last edited:

shilvock22

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Military
Country flag
It is a reset. I just struggle to see how it’s going to cost 45% more than it’s closest competitor.

The Mercedes is a concept car. Doesn’t count. Also, having the roll cage on the outside isn’t exactly very aero.
I just don't see it selling for much less than a Model S Plaid. I think the fact that they almost have a million pre-orders will embolden them to charge whatever they want.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I just don't see it selling for much less than a Model S Plaid. I think the fact that they almost have a million pre-orders will embolden them to charge whatever they want.
One thing you and a lot of people on this forum don't grasp is the original prices were NOT 2019 prices. They were prices Tesla said they were going to sell their 2022 Tesla Cybertrucks for. That is a major reason why a lot of us plunked down our $100 reservations. A similar thing happened with the Model S when they first came out. Tesla had quoted prices 3 1/2 years previously, that they honored. Then several months after they started shipping them, they increased the price for new customers. They've done this throughout their history. They take orders and sell vehicles at the prices they were quoted. I agree, the Quad/Plaid Cybertruck will be a higher priced vehicle that SOME people will be willing to pay to get them. But eventually, I will not be surprised if Tesla does sell vehicles to customers at the prices they reserved. I will also NOT be surprised if Tesla limits it to one per customer.

CTruckTooBig

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
One thing you and a lot of people on this forum don't grasp is the original prices were NOT 2019 prices. They were prices Tesla said they were going to sell their 2022 Tesla Cybertrucks for. That is a major reason why a lot of us plunked down our $100 reservations. A similar thing happened with the Model S when they first came out. Tesla had quoted prices 3 1/2 years previously, that they honored. Then several months after they started shipping them, they increased the price for new customers. They've done this throughout their history. They take orders and sell vehicles at the prices they were quoted. I agree, the Quad/Plaid Cybertruck will be a higher priced vehicle that SOME people will be willing to pay to get them. But eventually, I will not be surprised if Tesla does sell vehicles to customers at the prices they reserved. I will also NOT be surprised if Tesla limits it to one per customer.
One thing I wonder about, are they really going to have FOUR variants?
Single motor
Dual motor
Tri motor
Quad motor

It just seems unlikely. Not sure the Tri motor will even survive. Maybe Dual and Quad.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag

An ICE old square body-on-frame can do this with straightline power.

What do you think a Cybertruck Plaid will do in Luicrious Mode?

SO build the machine to sell more machines! Badasserie is going to sell.

A million CT3 pre-orders to one CT4 order is the ultimate goal. The right halo CT4 will sell a hell of a lot more CT3’s and CT2’s.

It will be interesting display of Elon, for certain.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Model S Plaid is a low volume vehicle. Unless there is some change to that, it’s always going to be expensive. They build an assembly line to crank out half a million Cybertrucks a year.

Cybertruck has always been lower cost than it’s car cousins.
Sponsored