Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

An ICE old square body-on-frame can do this with straightline power.

What do you think a Cybertruck Plaid will do in Luicrious Mode?

SO build the machine to sell more machines! Badasserie is going to sell.

A million CT3 pre-orders to one CT4 order is the ultimate goal. The right halo CT4 will sell a hell of a lot more CT3’s and CT2’s.

It will be interesting display of Elon, for certain.
Cybertruck’s center of gravity is too low to pop a wheelie and half it’s power is going to the front wheels.

It will not pop a wheelie. Instead it will just leave the area code before the other trucks tires get back to mother earth.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
And a thousand a week is still not peanuts, re the Model S Plaid. They didn't even bother selling them until that was attainable.

-Crissa

shilvock22

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Military
Country flag
One thing you and a lot of people on this forum don't grasp is the original prices were NOT 2019 prices. They were prices Tesla said they were going to sell their 2022 Tesla Cybertrucks for. That is a major reason why a lot of us plunked down our $100 reservations. A similar thing happened with the Model S when they first came out. Tesla had quoted prices 3 1/2 years previously, that they honored. Then several months after they started shipping them, they increased the price for new customers. They've done this throughout their history. They take orders and sell vehicles at the prices they were quoted. I agree, the Quad/Plaid Cybertruck will be a higher priced vehicle that SOME people will be willing to pay to get them. But eventually, I will not be surprised if Tesla does sell vehicles to customers at the prices they reserved. I will also NOT be surprised if Tesla limits it to one per customer.
The problem is that all of the tri-motor reservation holders were the type of people willing to pay up to be one of the first to get the vehicle. They will now have to wait many years most likely to get a tri-motor at the original quoted price. Those type of people are not going to be willing to do that and now would be forced to shell out multiple tens of thousands of dollars more to have the first series of cyber trucks that they've been waiting so long for.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
The problem is that all of the tri-motor reservation holders were the type of people willing to pay up to be one of the first to get the vehicle. They will now have to wait many years most likely to get a tri-motor at the original quoted price. Those type of people are not going to be willing to do that and now would be forced to shell out multiple tens of thousands of dollars more to have the first series of cyber trucks that they've been waiting so long for.
Tiny violin. They weren't forced to shell out top dollar to be the first before, they aren't being forced to now. They do it by choice as you qualified.

First world problems. Sorry.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The problem is that all of the tri-motor reservation holders were the type of people willing to pay up to be one of the first to get the vehicle.
This is not really true.

Definitely not “All”, and likely not “most”. A lot of us ponied up to the tri motor to get the range. I might stretch it to say “most” of us who ponied up for the tri motor did it for the range.

It’s hard to get too excited about this right now since so much is just conjecture. It’s like playing fantasy football when there are no games to score.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
One thing I wonder about, are they really going to have FOUR variants?
Single motor
Dual motor
Tri motor
Quad motor

It just seems unlikely. Not sure the Tri motor will even survive. Maybe Dual and Quad.
Ford has 11 different grille options for the F150. Tesla will decide for themselves what vehicles they want to produce. Generally speaking, I compare Tesla to In-and-Out. They like to have a limited menu and focus on quality and lower pricing, by taking advantage of that smaller menu. Saying what we THINK Tesla is going to do, is just speculation.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Ford has 11 different grille options for the F150. Tesla will decide for themselves what vehicles they want to produce. Generally speaking, I compare Tesla to In-and-Out. They like to have a limited menu and focus on quality and lower pricing, by taking advantage of that smaller menu. Saying what we THINK Tesla is going to do, is just speculation.
Oh……. in that case, when my order comes up I’ll need to call my SA and make sure to get my Cybertruck Animal Style!

shilvock22

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Military
Country flag
Tiny violin. They weren't forced to shell out top dollar to be the first before, they aren't being forced to now. They do it by choice as you qualified.

First world problems. Sorry.
Said like someone who is a couple of hundred thousand people down the wait list.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Nobody has any idea what the implications of the quad motor will be. We all have our pet theories which are collectively worth absolutely nothing.

The table is still likely correct, it’s just a matter of what trucks they are delivering. If you think the first 100,000 will be quad motor, then adjust expectations accordingly. I doubt things will be that skewed myself.

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Oh……. in that case, when my order comes up I’ll need to call my SA and make sure to get my Cybertruck Animal Style!
Well, Tesla has had off the menu Items before!

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Said like someone who is a couple of hundred thousand people down the wait list.
By personal choice. I have a vehicle that has many tens of thousands of miles left in it. I was planning on waiting years to get the ct after launch originally. I chose to get a reservation later after realizing waiting any longer would mean getting it after my desired time frame, just as others have chosen to pay a premium for first in line. I bet I'll get my ct approximately when I was planning on ditching my ice vehicle. You don't see me complaining about my choice.

For those who can choose to pay premium for early access, I'm sure if there are any price increases, they will not be put out by paying for those increases if it is the case.

For those who paid the premium but are on the edge of affording it, they probably shouldn't have been willing to pay the premium to begin with.

But again, I'm not in the camp of thinking there will be big price increases.

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
You sound a little butthurt. Almost like you reserved very early hoping to get a great deal on a Cybertruck and now you feel like people with money are going to cut in line ahead of you. If that's the case you are not alone. I reserved about an hour after the reveal ended (after watching some livestreams of people riding in the Cybertruck.)
It took me a bit to get over the fact that Tesla is coming out with a High End CT, which people that will pony up the big bucks will be jumping ahead of us in line to get. After all, we've been waiting awhile, and now it looks like we'll be waiting even longer.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, or I could be totally wrong. But I think this plan that Elon and Tesla came up with is, so we can get OUR vehicles at the price we reserved them at. They realized those prices are going to be very difficult to start making Cybertrucks for, because it's such a new complicated production process, and even producing 4680 batteries isn't as cheap yet without economy of scale. They MAY be coming out with the Quad first, to build them in smaller numbers with a much higher profit margin, so they can at least start producing Cybertrucks to WHOMP on the competition and their electric trucks. Then, as they figure out production of 4680 batteries and better, more efficient ways of building Cybertrucks. They will be able to build OUR CT's at our prices. Also, along those lines the single, which will probably have the tightest profit margin, will be the last on their list.
THIS IS ALL SPECULATION! :)
Sponsored