Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Literally no one could order a quad, so... someone edited their entries or added their own details. Currently placed reservations don't take any configuration details.

-Crissa
They might have ordered a CT with any of the other configurations and changed it to a Quad inspirationally on the website?
Sponsored

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
It all muddies the water on the view of the list and how we rank positions on the list. I know this is being used as a Ouija board to gain some incite as to how soon we will be getting this vehicle. I enjoy the discussion and ideas I see here but it really is all just whistling past the graveyard.

Muskwatcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado 1500 LTZ Crewcab, Toyota Avalon
Occupation
Military
Country flag
I agree with you on wanting more for $85k, as well as most of your list.
However #4, and 10 are not likely even if they do everything else.

#4 - unless solar tech has drastically improved you just cant get that much range with the surface area on the CT.

#10 - it may take more time, but this is likely the most valuable feature on any tesla once laws change and FSD more complete. Even low ball the number it could net you easy $15K a year in a part time Uber mode (Tesla Taxi).

I hope the tri motor specs isnt the new quad motor specs. I want more for $85k.

1. more than 600mile range
2. sub 2.5 0-60, sub 10 sec 1/4mile
3. 3 screens like the S/X
4. Solar panel with 30 miles of daily clean charge
5. Reverse charging to home/grid
6. Everything heated / cooled seats front, heated yoke and rear seats.
7. Laser wipers
8. Big brake red calipers or silver brembos.
9. auto present doors
10. FSD included.

Do not settle for less you guys and increase the demand Please I need all if I am going all in to get the ultimate interplanetary machine

samson

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Occupation
yolo'r
Country flag
I agree with you on wanting more for $85k, as well as most of your list.
However #4, and 10 are not likely even if they do everything else.

#4 - unless solar tech has drastically improved you just cant get that much range with the surface area on the CT.

#10 - it may take more time, but this is likely the most valuable feature on any tesla once laws change and FSD more complete. Even low ball the number it could net you easy $15K a year in a part time Uber mode (Tesla Taxi).
for #4 Elon himself said there would be an option for 15miles min and atleast 30-40miles
calculated based on surface area. that was in 2019. I would assume in by 2023-2024 there would be improvement in solar tech thats almost 5 years by the time most people would get their CT's
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck reservation order number -- how to tell your place in line 1651065777173

For #10, I believe full self driving for whats its worth there would be a commercial license and consumer license. I imagine for guys like me who do not intend FSD for generating money would have all FSD features included atleast on the top trim in their vehicle for save driving and personal use, and for people who is dreaming that cars/trucks is going to generate $15k - $20k one day would pay the premium that tesla demands at purchase so it's a win/win for both parties.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
for #4 Elon himself said there would be an option for 15miles min and atleast 30-40miles
calculated based on surface area. that was in 2019. I would assume in by 2023-2024 there would be improvement in solar tech thats almost 5 years by the time most people would get their CT's
1651065777173.png

For #10, I believe full self driving for whats its worth there would be a commercial license and consumer license. I imagine for guys like me who do not intend FSD for generating money would have all FSD features included atleast on the top trim in their vehicle for save driving and personal use, and for people who is dreaming that cars/trucks is going to generate $15k - $20k one day would pay the premium that tesla demands at purchase so it's a win/win for both parties.
Even if solar only gets me 5 miles a day, or just offsets daily battery drain plus a bit I would want it.

If I park my truck somewhere for a week it would be super nice if it had more juice than when I left it parked. Also, gotta power the rodent zappers somehow.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
1651065777173.png

Hello,
Its very interesting with your thoughts on FSD. You mention commercial license. Could you please elaborate a little more

samson

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Occupation
yolo'r
Country flag
Hello,
Its very interesting with your thoughts on FSD. You mention commercial license. Could you please elaborate a little more
what I mean by commercial is anyone who wants to use the Robo Taxi services. So if youre an individual or a business with a fleet of teslas that would like to run a taxi like services would buy the commercial license

I know tesla would also take a small fee like uber for the revenue generated as well because they would be basically allocating travellers with the closest tesla near them, their app etc., so these people/businesses in mind will pay the FSD wholesome / subscriptions.

General public- like older people, newer teen drivers who buys tesla would use the FSD as part of the vehicle purchase since all the software/hardware is already built in, and in my mind would be like a safety feature since apparently Autopilot/FSD is much safer than drivers and people who do not want to send their teslas as robotaxi can use FSD on long drives/trips.

Tesla doesnt lose because the cost of all the hardware is paid by every buyer of tesla and the R&D for FSD will be paid by people who generate money using it on recurring bases. While the general public will use it for free and give them the valuable data in FSD miles with a human behind the wheel.

Last edited:

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
You're losing range whenever the truck is sitting around. So solar is always a net positive.

-Crissa
Unless the loss in efficiency of hauling around solar panels is greater than the amount of electricity they produce. If, for example, you drive at night to an event and then back home, the solar panels will have produced a negative benefit for that one particular trip vs. not taking their weight with you. Now, if they are extremely light, there wouldn't be much loss but there will be enough preventing a net positive for that trip. I'm getting the solar if available because I park in a large, open parking lot and I want that free fireball juice.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
what I mean by commercial is anyone who wants to use the Robo Taxi services. So if youre an individual or a business with a fleet of teslas that would like to run a taxi like services would buy the commercial license

I know tesla would also take a small fee like uber for the revenue generated as well because they would be basically allocating travellers with the closest tesla near them, their app etc., so these people/businesses in mind will pay the FSD wholesome / subscriptions.

General public- like older people, newer teen drivers who buys tesla would use the FSD as part of the vehicle purchase since all the software/hardware is already built in, and in my mind would be like a safety feature since apparently Autopilot/FSD is much safer than drivers and people who do not want to send their teslas as robotaxi can use FSD on long drives/trips.

Tesla doesnt lose because the cost of all the hardware is paid by every buyer of tesla and the R&D for FSD will be paid buy people who generate money using it on recurring bases. While the general public will use it for free and give them the valuable data in FSD miles with a human behind the wheel.
Thank you.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Even if solar only gets me 5 miles a day, or just offsets daily battery drain plus a bit I would want it.

If I park my truck somewhere for a week it would be super nice if it had more juice than when I left it parked. Also, gotta power the rodent zappers somehow.
What if the solar only generates 5 miles per day but due to their weight, you lose 5 miles per day in range? They would be a benefit when long-term parking like at an airport but daily, you'd lose range. That is IF you lose 5 miles per day in range due to their weight which we have no idea how much range we'll lose when hauling the extra weight. It won't be zero but it probably won't be very high either.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Being that I'm stuck watching my computer chew on a project I decided to see how the M3 reservations and rollout went...

-- Employees had reservations honored first and were allowed to order in June 2017. They took deliveries over the following 3 months.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-employees-model-3-reservation-holders-priority/

-- Then in November people who reserved first, within the initial 24 hours of Tesla accepting reservations, were contacted over the following months. Delivery took anywhere from 3 months to three years depending on how they configured their M3. The higher the spec the shorter the delivery time. If you didn't receive your reservation invite within the first year then you were in the same boat as someone who never made a reservation. As a result, people simply ordered online as if they didn't have a reservation and received their higher spec'd M3s before lower spec reservation holders.

https://electrek.co/2017/11/21/tesla-model-3-order-regular-reservation-holders/

So, from what I see if you reserved a CT more than 48 hours after unveiling and don't get the highest spec... Yikes. It looks like 1-2 years. Which is when production will probably be at the point where you can just order online and get one in a few weeks.

But that's just what history said..

Technolust

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
I hope the tri motor specs isnt the new quad motor specs. I want more for $85k.

1. more than 600mile range
2. sub 2.5 0-60, sub 10 sec 1/4mile
3. 3 screens like the S/X
4. Solar panel with 30 miles of daily clean charge
5. Reverse charging to home/grid
6. Everything heated / cooled seats front, heated yoke and rear seats.
7. Laser wipers
8. Big brake red calipers or silver brembos.
9. auto present doors
10. FSD included.

Do not settle for less you guys and increase the demand Please I need all if I am going all in to get the ultimate interplanetary machine
#4 and #6 should be a minimum with even the 1 motor, 2 motor, 3 motor, and 4 motor! WTF are laser wipers... I need lasers....