Suskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seat Ibiza
Country flag
just ordered a dual motor (as promised, when my Tesla chairs reached $200k).
mine was order RN1194349. I live in Italy so I am unsure on what this number really means...
Sponsored

Cyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Ciao! The number is important, but it seems the number in combination to the closest factory will be the determining factor.

Ti auguro una buona giornata!

Narobii

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck
Occupation
part time student full time supply chain
Country flag
On the Saturday after the reveal I placed my 1st order, today I made the 2nd order....compared my reservation numbers... 988k reservations in between!
Ehh, that means you have enough time to pay off the first 1 before the second shows up.

RedBeardNP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Nissan Leaf; cybertruck - reserved
Occupation
Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
I just recently reserved my Tri Motor and am 716,706 in line according to the spreadsheet on here. I am not overly concerned though based on a few factors.

A) My actual position for that trim level is in the 236,485 range so that helps.
B) A lot of ppl seemed to order multiple vehicles in anticipation of making up their minds later
C) Seems like there are a lot of overseas orders? Anyone able to know this for sure?
D) What is a realistic conversion rate of reservations to orders when you are only requiring a $100 deposit? 20%? 30%?

Things look more promising taking all this into account. I live in the Great Lakes region so yeah I won't be as early as Texas or surrounding states but I am hopeful it won't be too too long once production actually ramps up.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
B) A lot of ppl seemed to order multiple vehicles in anticipation of making up their minds later
Which is silly. When your number & region is up, Tesla will ask you if you want the currently available model.
C) Seems like there are a lot of overseas orders? Anyone able to know this for sure?
Good question. Someone should apply a filter to the Googledoc and find out.
D) What is a realistic conversion rate of reservations to orders when you are only requiring a $100 deposit? 20%? 30%?
I posted a story that estimated a 90% conversion rate for the Model 3. https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...delivery-date-for-the-cybertruck.1251/page-17
https://www.vox.com/2017/8/2/160874...-manufacture-preorder-cancellations-elon-musk

-Crissa

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
I was late to the party and ordered a single motor 12/20/19. My number is RN 113187XXX
443k in line. I am realizing I want a dual motor. Watching the Tulsa construction. Hoping for the new battery tech.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I was late to the party and ordered a single motor 12/20/19. My number is RN 113187XXX
443k in line. I am realizing I want a dual motor. Watching the Tulsa construction. Hoping for the new battery tech.
You can change the configuration of your CT without changing your place in line.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You can change the configuration of your CT without changing your place in line.
really....I thought if you changed you configuration, Tesla would change you number based on that configuration build position

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
really....I thought if you changed you configuration, Tesla would change you number based on that configuration build position
Yes, if there's a limitation on models available, switching to the model available will push you forward in line (and switching to the model unavailable or delaying your financing will push you backwards).

-Crissa

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, if there's a limitation on models available, switching to the model available will push you forward in line (and switching to the model unavailable or delaying your financing will push you backwards).

-Crissa
thank you....I have on order the tri-motor.....wondering if the dual motor will come out earlier......also, wonder what type of battery will be in the dual motor and tri-motor...

mileage for the tri-motor is advertised at ~500 and the dual-motor at ~350....if it is like the rest of the models, both will probably be lower....but having said that, if the tri-motor get the new battery type and the. dual doesn't, I'll stick with the tri-motor.....if the dual goes with the new battery and increased in range, I may go with dual-motor.....

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
thank you....I have on order the tri-motor.....wondering if the dual motor will come out earlier......also, wonder what type of battery will be in the dual motor and tri-motor...

mileage for the tri-motor is advertised at ~500 and the dual-motor at ~350....if it is like the rest of the models, both will probably be lower....but having said that, if the tri-motor get the new battery type and the. dual doesn't, I'll stick with the tri-motor.....if the dual goes with the new battery and increased in range, I may go with dual-motor.....
I would guess all CTs will get the new batteries, with the Dual and single motor ones having a smaller pack than the Tri. The new batteries are going to be necessary to give that range with the weight of this vehicle, this is why they said on Battery day the CT and semi would be getting batteries of the same chemical make up. I also would be surprised to see the range be greater than advertised. Tesla always likes to under promise and over deliver if they can. Also, they said the Tri and dual motors will come out first, with the single brining up the rear, probably at least a couple years later based on the large number of orders.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I would guess all CTs will get the new batteries, with the Dual and single motor ones having a smaller pack than the Tri. The new batteries are going to be necessary to give that range with the weight of this vehicle, this is why they said on Battery day the CT and semi would be getting batteries of the same chemical make up. I also would be surprised to see the range be greater than advertised. Tesla always likes to under promise and over deliver if they can. Also, they said the Tri and dual motors will come out first, with the single brining up the rear, probably at least a couple years later based on the large number of orders.
I wouldn't be surprised to see the range increased by the time the CTs roll off the line. When they set the ranges on the CT versions they did not know everything they know now, and they may know more a year from now. I think that is why they put the '+' at the end of the ranges. They never did that for the M3 or MY. They knew what the range would be. Also, even with the M3, they occasionally tweak the mileage up through various optimizations. So I would not be at all surprised to see the ranges on each of the models go up. Probably not a lot though. That said, even 5%-10% would be a lot on the tri-motor.
Sponsored