Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4 wheels
Occupation
Work
Country flag
Weaker?

You... Think it looks weaker because this is a pre-production beta that won't have everything working getting road tested?

Is this trolling?

-Crissa
Sorry…definitely didn’t mean to come across as trolling. Wasn’t my intention. I’m excited about the truck and I think my expectations are just really high for it to be just like the reveal night truck in all aspects. I believe it will be. Good point about the beta…I know better than to make final comments on a beta as if it were the units coming off the assembly line 😉
Sponsored

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
All test mules from a given manufacturer use the same plate number.
1680230308134.png
1680230381926.png
1680230414621.png
1680230456171.png
That's the same car. They just paint it between shots. Look at the wheels, they are surrounded by a black rubbery looking substance and you don't just see that anywhere.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Inb4 March 31 sighting

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I have wondered if there's such a thing as "rental tires" in areas like Moab, in case I'd like to put the ol' CYBERTRUCK thru its paces.
Tell us you can't afford to go off roading, without TELLING us..... you can't afford to go off roading.....

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I’m sorry…but with each of these sneak peak I’m getting less impressed with this truck. It’s looking weaker and weaker with each “road show” photo op. Each pic of it in the wild shows it low to the ground and frankly imo whimpy. Sorry to offend any enthusiast, but with each cameo I’m losing interest. However, I remain hopeful it’s going to rise up and be that beast truck with grappling tires that has a bad a$$ presence everywhere. C’mon Elon deliver that crushing blow to all legacy trucks and any competition challenging Tesla.
Is this just because of the tires and suspension height? I feel like both of those things are choice.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
Rental Rims are actually a thing in Georgia. You can pay by the week. I could see the utility in rental wheels near offroading places. Not everyone wants to buy a set of offroad tires just to take that once a year vacation. Plus, not everyone wants to drive around with big offroad tires (even if they look really cool) and put up with the noise and crap that comes with them.

I'd like a nice medium aggressive looking tire that goes well on the highway and can handle the occasional muddy field or bad driveway and yearly snowfall. My $0.02.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Tell us you can't afford to go off roading, without TELLING us..... you can't afford to go off roading.....
Or maybe you just want the tires to be recycled/reused in the long interim between you doing the offroading?

Or you don't want to pay for the loss of range in the long road-trip out there?

I know it's all in good jest ^-^

-Crissa

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
We will have to wait a few more months until the “release candidate“ CT’s are assembled. Those trucks will be 100% production correct.

The true sign of retail sales will be right after Tesla gets official government EPA estimates. Manufacturers can’t sell a vehicle until the official testing is completed.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
We will have to wait a few more months until the “release candidate“ CT’s are assembled. Those trucks will be 100% production correct.

The true sign of retail sales will be right after Tesla gets official government EPA estimates. Manufacturers can’t sell a vehicle until the official testing is completed.
I doubt we’ll see any major changes between these and final.

The EPA estimates may be the first indication of what the model names will be and what the range will be.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I doubt we’ll see any major changes between these and final.

The EPA estimates may be the first indication of what the model names will be and what the range will be.
Yeah, but those will have all the lights and reflectors on them and hopefully working ^-^

-Crissa

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Sorry…definitely didn’t mean to come across as trolling. Wasn’t my intention. I’m excited about the truck and I think my expectations are just really high for it to be just like the reveal night truck in all aspects. I believe it will be. Good point about the beta…I know better than to make final comments on a beta as if it were the units coming off the assembly line 😉
Thank you for providing another perspective.

I don’t think it’s fair for the trolling accusation when all your other posts have been mostly positive/constructive.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
The car's triangular nature make 3/4 angles, front and back, its best. Looks really, really cool here. The constant excursions tells me these are the final laps for the prep. Is coming soon, at least in small quantities.
Sponsored