g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted vs. Model X and on freeway soaking up bumps with air suspension (7/5/23) Cybertruck vs Model X size comparison

And driving on the 280! LOOK AT THE SUSPENSION! Cushy!

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
One of the good reasons for getting the truck later, is for others to work the kinks before I get it.

That suspension looks really springy, I wonder if that helps more when towing an RV.

Likely the suspension can be tweaked to suit the load, but what sort of hitch is best suited ?. I was thinking of 'OzGilde hitch', but maybe that is overkill. Perhaps not recommended if CT has dynamic suspension. SO much to look forward to. 🎣

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Inb4 someone mentions perspective or distortion

Deleted member 12457

Its nice getting to see it against a Model X. Looks decently bigger then it.
Actually, the CT doesn't look like the monster truck it is being described as. The Model X isn't a huge car. Even with the camera angle the CT doesn't appear to be that much taller than the X, which makes me happy. I wish someone would do a Lidar scan on the CT or at least get a photo of it next to something that we know the height of. I have an old 3D drawing of the CT that needs to be updated.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Actually, the CT doesn't look like the monster truck it is being described as. The Model X isn't a huge car. Even with the camera angle the CT doesn't appear to be that much taller than the X, which makes me happy. I wish someone would do a Lidar scan on the CT or at least get a photo of it next to something that we know the height of. I have an old 3D drawing of the CT that needs to be updated.
What would you do with that?

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
the f150 isn't huge either- this 'massive truck' theme comes from people used to driving Ford festivas.

newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Cybertruck Tri FSD x 3
Country flag
What would you do with that?
iPhone 12 Pro and newer have LiDAR built in for scanning objects. I just discovered 3D scanning apps and to answer their question… stainless steel is very difficult to scan with LiDAR. My kitchen appliances all have dented surfaces in my scans. I tried scanning my model 3 and LiDAR doesn’t like windows either.

It would be nice if Tesla made a 3D scan of the cybertruck for fans to stare at from every angle or to use VR to see how it looks in their garage or driveway.

Foxx

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Outback, Eventually a damn Cybertruck
Occupation
Flight Nurse/paramedic/Fire medic, Major USAF
Country flag
Model X is deceptively bigger than it looks. From the photo it appears that CT sits about the same as my fathers old F-150 does next to my model x.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
iPhone 12 Pro and newer have LiDAR built in for scanning objects. I just discovered 3D scanning apps and to answer their question… stainless steel is very difficult to scan with LiDAR. My kitchen appliances all have dented surfaces in my scans. I tried scanning my model 3 and LiDAR doesn’t like windows either.

It would be nice if Tesla made a 3D scan of the cybertruck for fans to stare at from every angle or to use VR to see how it looks in their garage or driveway.
It is very difficult to scan, yes. :)

Seems highly reflective surfaces are a major struggle.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Model X with suspension set to highest is 68.5 Inches ( 1740 )

CT is 75 Inches ( 1905 ) I think this is mid height.
Add an extra 4 inches to max height = 80 Inches. ( 2032)

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I've seen it with me own two eyes, it's a beautiful beast. The rules at Peterson Museum were "No Touch", but obviously that was for regular citizens. I had to feel the steel, and it was BREATHTAKING. There was nothing small about it. I'm not saying it's a monster, it just never struck me as anywhere near small. T'was big 'n beautiful, arr.

Suskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Seat Ibiza
Country flag
A question about side mirrors: Musk said they will be removable because the law forces them to sell cars with side mirrors but their use is not mandatory for the final user (or at least that's what I understood). So, why all of the protorypes we've been seeing lately have them? They are not production veichles. If the plan is to use the CT without side mirrors, why even bother attach them then?
Sponsored