ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
Anyone considering other EV pickups by other manufacturers or is it Tesla-or-bust?

The Rivian R1T is intriguing to me because it's a completely new ground-up design which makes it easier to incorporate new technology and outside the box thinking instead of taking an existing model and adapting it to be an EV. Which is also the reason I'm not interested in an electric F-150 (besides issues with Ford interior and quality).
Sponsored

Jon Snow

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS85D
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Just a Tesla for me. I want a bigger box vs the R1T (assuming the Tesla will have this), plus I want access to the Supercharger Network and self-driving package. ... love my current Tesla .. so easy choice.

Roadway Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Rivian is unproven yet and who knows if/when we will actually see the R1T in owner hands. So far it's been a lot of puffery from EV startups and Tesla is still basically the only game in town.

olibear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I have a Rivian reservation, but I'm really rooting for the CybrTrk because I love my Model 3 and all of its bells & whistles. Access to the Supercharging network is the bonus!

OP
OP
ModelAZ

ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
Rivian is unproven yet and who knows if/when we will actually see the R1T in owner hands. So far it's been a lot of puffery from EV startups and Tesla is still basically the only game in town.
I have a Rivian reservation, but I'm really rooting for the CybrTrk because I love my Model 3 and all of its bells & whistles. Access to the Supercharging network is the bonus!
Anyone here afraid the Cybrtrk will actually be too futuristic and comic book looking? The Rivian pickup is a little too buttoned down but the way Musk talks about the Tesla pickup makes you think this thing may shoot lasers lol.

Jon Snow

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS85D
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
For me .. futuristic is a bonus. I own a 2003 Dodge 2500 and it hasn’t materially changed in looks for 20 years! Ready for and wanting a change!! Bring on the lasers :)

HiTeKReDNeK

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I have a Model S and a Rivian reservation. Pretty sure I’m going to order a Cybrtrk for the FSD and SuperCharger Network

rustycarburetor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma/Boxster/3 Harleys/BMW
Anyone here afraid the Cybrtrk will actually be too futuristic and comic book looking? The Rivian pickup is a little too buttoned down but the way Musk talks about the Tesla pickup makes you think this thing may shoot lasers lol.
Anxious to see what it looks like. Same thoughts in mind, betting despite the comments.... the design will be forward reaching but still palatable. Grateful for any sense of dramatic change or innovation in the otherwise predictably boring US market. Personally, I think the Rivian is absolutely hideous. Looks like Little Tykes built it.

punkt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Country flag
Anyone considering other EV pickups by other manufacturers or is it Tesla-or-bust?

The Rivian R1T is intriguing to me because it's a completely new ground-up design which makes it easier to incorporate new technology and outside the box thinking instead of taking an existing model and adapting it to be an EV. Which is also the reason I'm not interested in an electric F-150 (besides issues with Ford interior and quality).
Rivian suv is interesting to me. Going to see what Tesla offers before deciding, but I'd rather have a Tesla I hope they don't whiff on it.

Nlsn

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 toyota tundra trd 4x4
Occupation
programmer
Hi guys. First time poster here. I love to see competition, but I gotta say, Rivian has two things which I hate. 1, the spare tire is in the bed of the truck. I think that's idiotic. If you're carrying a load and you get a flat, you're s#@t out of luck. 2, the Rivian seats a max of 5 people. Trucks need to be utility first in my book. It must be able to serve work purposes, then later it can have buck seats and other creature comforts in higher trims. The Rivian is more of a family car that just happens to have a bed in the back. F-150 has a proven record, so i'm glad Tesla has its sight on the F-150 as the truck that it needs to beat. I'm very much interested in the towing capability of the Tesla since I have a boat, and i'm very curious to see how it handles at the boat ramp. How will the salt water affect it... A couple other trucks that I was looking into was the Bollinger and the Atlis xt. The Atlis has a very nice design to it, however, its just a 3d render at this point. No complete truck has been built. Bollinger was nice at first. Lots of functionality. No nonsense truck. But then the price came out. $125k. I lost all interest. So for now, the real competition in my opinion is going to be the Tesla and the Ford.

rbest

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 4x4 hemi, Ram 1500 4x4 3.6 l
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
It's all about the charging range for me. I drive 300 to 400 miles a day, 5 days a week. Charging during my day is not an option unless times are reduced. Also I get 7 months of snow so 4 wheel drive is a must

WTFOver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3. R1T - Pre-Order CyberTruck
Country flag
I too have a Rivian Truck reservation for about a year now... and I'm keeping it. However, I'm rooting for the CybrTrk as well and will reserve one. I love my Model 3 (well... my wife's Model 3) and the Supercharging network is great in SoCal. I am worried about charging the Rivian on the road but with Ford's involvement and hopefully going with an open/shared standard like CCS I think this might not be too big a problem. I'm a bit put off by the Rivian's short bed so I'll keep both options open as long as possible and go with the one that works best for me.

papadon

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7
Occupation
crna
Country flag
Some of the crazy renders and Musk warning you will either love it or hate it, does have me worried they will "try too hard" to stand out from the crowd. Futuristic and bold design is fine but this is a road vehicle I'll be taking to work sometimes. There needs to be a balance.