Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Only thing which would concern me about Aptera is the fact that the wheels are low and wide which puts them out of site of most drivers. Not a huge concern. Just a random thought.
I have learned that everything is out of sight from most drivers, so I stay out of their way.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah, about ten years ago, a driver of a giant pickup truck apparently forgot they were merging and closed the gap between them and the car in front of them, crushing my driver side mirror while I was on the bumper of the car in front of us.

Since then... I've been very circumspect of other drivers. The big SUVs today have massive blind spots in front of them.

-Crissa

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Door dings are likely not a big problem for Cybertruck owners.
I look forward to my cold-rolled stainless truck crushing the doors flung open by the inconsiderate.
careful u might sued for damaging their car :ROFLMAO:
I am SOOOOO looking forward to the SS plus summon with the Tesla app. If someone parks too close to me, I can just summon out of the space and get in once the doors are free of possible damage zones. If someone parks too close and jams their own door, there will be video evidence that they did their own damage. The one caveat will be that I'll need to be careful where I park. I've seen large trucks park in tight spaces and then get tires slashed because people couldn't access their smaller car that was parked before the large truck. As much as the SS is a great safety feature, the tires are still vulnerable to mischief. And who knows about the windows. I think they will be protected from the random angry person that wants to cause damage. But I'm guessing that thieves will still be able to break the glass if they really want to get in.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Working
Country flag
I am SOOOOO looking forward to the SS plus summon with the Tesla app. If someone parks too close to me, I can just summon out of the space and get in once the doors are free of possible damage zones. If someone parks too close and jams their own door, there will be video evidence that they did their own damage. The one caveat will be that I'll need to be careful where I park. I've seen large trucks park in tight spaces and then get tires slashed because people couldn't access their smaller car that was parked before the large truck. As much as the SS is a great safety feature, the tires are still vulnerable to mischief. And who knows about the windows. I think they will be protected from the random angry person that wants to cause damage. But I'm guessing that thieves will still be able to break the glass if they really want to get in.
I laugh every time you write something.
never heard or seen any big trucks with slashed tires. Hopefully you mentioning it doesn’t turn it into reality.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Yep its more than 80 inches wide, I would definitely like a smaller truck but it is what it is. 4 wheel steering should help some though.
I back my F150 into spots because when pulling out of spots, I can begin my turn before the truck is fully out of the spot whereas if I am backing out of a spot, I can't start turning until my front end can clear the cars on either side. Four wheel steering will definitely help with parking!

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
I back my F150 into spots because when pulling out of spots, I can begin my turn before the truck is fully out of the spot whereas if I am backing out of a spot, I can't start turning until my front end can clear the cars on either side. Four wheel steering will definitely help with parking!
That's another good benefit of backwards parking that I didn't realize. Every time I chime in on the "Which Side Should the Chargeport Be Located", I always say it should be on the left-rear for the sake of visibility, easier to get out of quickly in an emergency, and because it just looks nicer.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My generation was taught parallel parking.... thats it.

I've always gone in nose first, but these days I see all the 'younger' folk backing in. I guess that is what is taught these days.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
My generation was taught parallel parking.... thats it.

I've always gone in nose first, but these days I see all the 'younger' folk backing in. I guess that is what is taught these days.
With longer vehicles (trucks), it makes more sense to back in if you won't be able to pull through.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Yep its more than 80 inches wide, I would definitely like a smaller truck but it is what it is. 4 wheel steering should help some though.
Yep. And if you do need to nudge your way through a tight spot, you are 3mm cold rolled.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Yeah, do what they do in parking spot limited Taiwan. There is no car there without a ding, or intact bumpers front or back..

Just put it in. You'll come out ahead anyways with that tougher stainless skin..

Zapharus

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 '22, Element '11, DM Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
Glad it got you thinking about Aptera's dimensions. You probably still know a lot more about it than me asI just keep an eye on their progress from time to time.

When I saw the width I was shocked too. I thought it was going to not be a bit wider than a Hummer H1. :D Hopefully it'll be manageable though.

Anyway, here's a photo of an H1 that I took at a farmer's market this past weekend:

1656976945118.png
That Hummer looks like it’s either on the verge of falling apart or like it’s seen some sh*t, survived that sh*t and has become tougher because of said sh*t. The license plate being held by plastic ties is a nice touch. lol

TechOps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, ex-Model S
Country flag
I was in my kiteboarding site parking lot yesterday and there is a noted increase in the number of people driving and parking 'transit' type vans and one of them decided to park next to my Model Y (luckily I was done and almost ready to leave). So what's the point? The point is that I started (again) being concerned about the width of parking spaces and my ability to get into and out of my CT when it eventually comes (maybe by then I'll be too old to kiteboard but that is a sad thought I choose to ignore for now - sort of). I have not noticed people with full-sized pickups having undo difficulty but these RVs are a pain in the ass:
I'm sure the transit driver didn't have any trouble getting out of his van, so not sure why you're worried about getting out of your CT.

If you're parking at 3rd Avenue where parking spaces are tighter, just choose a space that has more clearance around it. If you're parking at Sherman Island or Alameda, there's already plenty of space for large pickups to park. If you're at another kiteboarding spot in the bay area, then just choose a space that has sufficient room.

This seems like a non-issue, or let's say, something that every new pickup driver has to adjust to.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I was a military vehicle collector for many years.
I could park a M35A2 (2 1/2 ton "deuce and a half) in any normal parking place and be between the lines. I also drove a HUMVEE in Korea for two years.
Most Americans are just lousy drivers with crappy depth perception. They are not driving, they are aiming and hoping for the best.
This cynical opinion was brought on by being a Commercial Driver most of my adult life and operating huge military vehicles on public roads.
Sponsored