Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Jeff should know better.
An appropriate response would have proven moral integrity. Don't always see that from JB. (Lol the irony) Just like his litigation day job for lack of other capability to compete in the tech space.

I don't think morals are dependent on the weather. Maybe in CA? :p
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Um... price is the elephant in the room? If so, it's probably a pygmy elephant, manatee, or a hyrax.

I don't think the price is going to be nearly as large as some are expecting.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Tri was $70k. Add another $10k for another electric motor and $5k for RWS. My guess is $85k for the base Quad Motor. Add some must have options and your looking at $95k plus delivery fee, sales tax and DMV fees.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
There will be two models:
1) DM for $50k
2) QM for $80k

4WS, solar, spare will be standard but no midgate (I think!).

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
The real elephant is the room is this:

In my understanding, Elon does not do quick joy 10 mins space rides like we have seen this morning (i.e., on the 11th, Dec 2021). Making money and publicity like this by Blue Origin and for Ravian on a one trick show is questionable.

What is very sad, it that the night before people had been dying, losing their job and livelihood and nothing was said about it, while all this morning show was going on as a public party being publicly charred at about 10:00 am EST.

What would have been the appropriate ethical thing to do under these circumstances?
people die and lose their jobs every minute - is the world supposed to stop in the meantime??

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Tri was $70k. Add another $10k for another electric motor and $5k for RWS. My guess is $85k for the base Quad Motor. Add some must have options and your looking at $95k plus delivery fee, sales tax and DMV fees.
no one knows but Elon at this point, but I don't think those prices are right, for the simple reason they'll impair Tesla truck sales from really shaking up the truck market like Tesla wants to do. they need the truck to sell like the MY and M3, not the S.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
people die and lose their jobs every minute - is the world supposed to stop in the meantime??
If they do that in your company don't they deserve a mention?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
no one knows but Elon at this point, but I don't think those prices are right, for the simple reason they'll impair Tesla truck sales from really shaking up the truck market like Tesla wants to do. they need the truck to sell like the MY and M3, not the S.
I don't think EM knows exactly either, it's a work in progress pending a few manufacturing run optimisations.

But I don't expect the prices to be so high overall.
Adding $30k for an extra motor just to get it to an even $100k is just unrealistic. Its more likely it gets a Spacex package with cold thrusters.

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I don't think EM know exactly either, it's a work in progress pending a few manufacturing run optimisations.

But I don't expect the prices to be so high overall.
Adding $30k for an extra motor just to get it to an even $100k is just unrealistic. Ite more likely it gets a Spacex package with cold thrusters.
If the SpaceX cold thrusters were in prod on the roadster, I might think that they could be added to Cybertruck at some point. But from what I’ve seen those are not yet ready for prod. Maybe they are and Tesla just doesn’t yet have the resources to ship roadster. I’m guessing they won’t be on the initial CT production runs though.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
If the SpaceX cold thrusters were in prod on the roadster, I might think that they could be added to Cybertruck at some point. But from what I’ve seen those are not yet ready for prod. Maybe they are and Tesla just doesn’t yet have the resources to ship roadster. I’m guessing they won’t be on the initial CT production runs though.
To be honest the cold thrusters are probably not even that hard to gain a benefit from them. Its just that EM wants to make it hover with it.

Resource wise theres not enough of anything for making everything atm. We need Tesla in resource extraction. Get those boring tunnels going...so they can use what they dig up to make things.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
To be honest the cold thrusters are probably not even that hard to gain a benefit from them. Its just that EM wants to make it hover with it.

Resource wise theres not enough of anything for making everything atm. We need Tesla in resource extraction. Get those boring tunnels going...so they can use what they dig up to make things.
O boy! A whole new market for Boring company tunneling machines!! Can they mine lithium as fast as Gary the Snail?

Someone notify Will Bradbury so he can use this in his further projections of Boring company value.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
O boy! A whole new market for Boring company tunneling machines!! Can they mine lithium as fast as Gary the Snail?

Someone notify Will Bradbury so he can use this in his further projections of Boring company value.
I don't think its just lithium thats the problem, any
resource has value somewhere, so if you're going to dig it up you might as well use it for something. The only trick is to dig where there's congestion to make the most of it...or make suburbs where you have something to mine.

There is a caveat with this and that is that the tunneling machines are highly optimised for the substrate they dig through and intentionally don't interact with substrates that are not good for tunnelling. Obviously interchangeable heads will resolve much of this so it can be done for many areas, if it is cost effective is a different question again. But sure why not. :)

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
He should know better than to have a warehouse sub-sub-sub-contractors that get hit by a freak storm?

-Crissa
Contractors are in your book less then real people?
Here in Canada, their are threated has "real" employee...
Sponsored