Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I could see them making 2 versions of the dual motor CT. Can’t see them doing a smaller pack version of the quad motor truck though.
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I think we will only see a DM and QM version for motorisation, which leaves the door open for a hybrid of the two being a LR DM version with QM pack.

There is a possibility that at the end of the initial QM run, maybe in a year to clear the backlog of upgrades, we actually end up with only QMs because the cost of manufacturing and tooling a DM version with differential becomes inconsequential.

EV Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

JRu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Cherokee, BMW R1200R
Occupation
Gymja Warrior
Country flag
This topic certainly got off-topic quick!

First, my thoughts on price... I have a tri-reservation. If that can get upgraded to a quad for $10k I think that's reasonable and I would probably swallow the difference knowing I'm getting more range/speed/features. HOPEFULLY the quad will not deliver the stats announced initially for the tri-motor.

And about the whole climate thing... I own a couple American Ninja Warrior training facilities in Boston area. Right now we're short-staffed, so I can't run my full schedule. I had a meeting with my head coaches and talked about my future plans for the gyms (3-5 year timeframe). Most of them couldn't hear the future plans because they're stuck in the weeds and hyper-focused on the current issue of staffing. If we stop everything to focus on current concerns there will be no future for businesses. You HAVE to work toward the future vision while dealing with present concerns.

So could something have been done different to address the current issues? most likely, but it doesn't help to throw anyone under the bus, but rather see what is being done to reduce issues. And Amazon did a major step by partnering with Rivian at least for transport environmental concerns.

TECHNOMAGE

First Name
calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model y
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I was so stoked about the tri motor with FSD price, but under 100k for the quad with bells and whistles seems unrealistic. Elon had some intentionality around the price in the original cybertruck concept, will that sentiment remain? Or will it be out of reach for regular folks to get the long range truck? Thoughts?

TECHNOMAGE

First Name
calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model y
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I put a reservation in for the 2 and 3 motor versions. I figured at a stretch I could afford the 3 motor. On top of the $69,900
comes sales tax (unless you live in one of the few no-sales tax states) plus yearly property tax and anything else they can think of.

I like the idea of the 4 motor (which will probably be first out the door because of its profit margin and notoriety and bragging rights and probably longer range than the others). If a matching SS trailer becomes available after launch, I'd think of that too. We shall see!

I was so stoked about the tri motor with FSD price, but under 100k for the quad with bells and whistles seems unrealistic. Elon had some intentionality around the price in the original cybertruck concept, will that sentiment remain? Or will it be out of reach for regular folks to get the long range truck? Thoughts?

JeffnReno

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y LR with tow package
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This topic certainly got off-topic quick!

First, my thoughts on price... I have a tri-reservation. If that can get upgraded to a quad for $10k I think that's reasonable and I would probably swallow the difference knowing I'm getting more range/speed/features. HOPEFULLY the quad will not deliver the stats announced initially for the tri-motor.

And about the whole climate thing... I own a couple American Ninja Warrior training facilities in Boston area. Right now we're short-staffed, so I can't run my full schedule. I had a meeting with my head coaches and talked about my future plans for the gyms (3-5 year timeframe). Most of them couldn't hear the future plans because they're stuck in the weeds and hyper-focused on the current issue of staffing. If we stop everything to focus on current concerns there will be no future for businesses. You HAVE to work toward the future vision while dealing with present concerns.

So could something have been done different to address the current issues? most likely, but it doesn't help to throw anyone under the bus, but rather see what is being done to reduce issues. And Amazon did a major step by partnering with Rivian at least for transport environmental concerns.
If they only raise the price $10k as you suggest, I would consider just dropping the FSD I included in my tri-motor reservation to get the highest range and towing capacity possible and subscribe to FSD if/when I saw a need for it. I think that's probably unlikely at this point but doesn't hurt to hope.
Sponsored