Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
There will be two models:
1) DM for $50k
2) QM for $80k

4WS, solar, spare will be standard but no midgate (I think!).
kinda seconding that. QM for 70k to win the truck market, beat Rivian pricing and meet incentives! Musk may not care about incentives.. but he knows his buyers do and he'll have more sales with them which helps make up for keeping the prices down.

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
Tri was $70k. Add another $10k for another electric motor and $5k for RWS. My guess is $85k for the base Quad Motor. Add some must have options and your looking at $95k plus delivery fee, sales tax and DMV fees.
An additional motor has always been a $5k option for Model S and 3. I don't expect the newer motors to be more than that because Tesla is actually making the motors smaller and more efficient. I don't know if Tesla will charge for the AWS, but another steering rack and linkages for the rear shouldn't be more than $2000.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
An additional motor has always been a $5k option for Model S and 3. I don't expect the newer motors to be more than that because Tesla is actually making the motors smaller and more efficient. I don't know if Tesla will charge for the AWS, but another steering rack and linkages for the rear shouldn't be more than $2000.
My logic for standard 4WS is that the long wheelbase actually requires it for driving it in town, and there's a high likelihood that the front and rear drivetrain, suspension and steering setups are the same to keep costs low.

4WS is not really a performance option, rather a safe operation thing, so it would make sense its on there as standard.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Contractors are in your book less then real people?
Here in Canada, their are threated has "real" employee...
Do you know what a 'straw man argument' is?

It's where you take an argument then describe it disingenuously.

It could have been any company - and in fact, it was many companies hit by that storm. Some took far more damage. We don't have a full accounting yet.

Why should employees thousands of miles away stop working? Employees in entirely different companies?

The whole umbrella of companies he owns employs millions. amazon itself employs almost a million people.

And no, they haven't ignored the event.

Just like everyone else, they woke to terrible news.

-Crissa

Geez, I can't believe I'm defending Bezos.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Tesla is a premium brand and Elon has taken the Cybertruck upscale with quad motors, RWS, new tech, etc. Elon recently stated “Cybertruck is intentionally an insane technology bandwagon”. For members thinking that Tesla will hold to 2019 reveal MSRP’s just be prepared for sticker shock.

I predict the Dual Motor Cybertruck will be priced between the Model Y and the Model S. For example, here are base prices for the lowest priced Tesla models minus the $1,200 destination fee;

-Model 3: $44,990
-Model Y: $58,990
-Cybertruck: ???
-Model S: $94,990
-Model X: $104,990

Many also asked Tesla about CT colors. Musk replied yesterday;

“Cybertruck can have any color you want, so long as it’s nothing.”

Last edited:

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
Like many things, you are going to get sticker shock when trying to buy a new truck and CT prices seem pretty reasonable. Most new trucks are going to be $70K+ if they have a similar finish out to what the CT will likely have. Heck, I even saw a F150 going for $105k?!?

For comparison, use the build and price option on the F150 website. Ford dealers are selling for MSRP, so the pricing on the website is accurate to today's market. Tesla may try and beat the prices a bit to gain market share and get some of the EV incentives, but I would not see why they would not want to price themselves too far below the market for a product that has several years worth of pre-orders already.
https://shop.ford.com/build/f150/#/select/

JeffnReno

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y LR with tow package
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I predict the new configurations as follows:

- Dual motor, 300 mile range = $59,000
- Quad motor, 500+ mile range = $79,000

that is all. Bye to the single and tri motor.
If they can just offer a dual-motor with a 500-mile range to offset the loss of the Tri-motor, I'd buy that one since speed and crab walk doesn't matter to me as much as range and cost.

Gunup

First Name
David bertoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired police And Military
Country flag
I don’t know that’s high compared to what I originally thought it would be out sure I think I want my 250 bucks back

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If they can just offer a dual-motor with a 500-mile range to offset the loss of the Tri-motor, I'd buy that one since speed and crab walk doesn't matter to me as much as range and cost.
That would be wonderful. I'm in the same boat. I think if they offered dual motor all wheel drive with 500 mile range it would sell unbelievably well.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That would be wonderful. I'm in the same boat. I think if they offered dual motor all wheel drive with 500 mile range it would sell unbelievably well.
Regardless of the version you select, it would be great to have the option for the batterie pack you are willing to pay for.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Previously in smaller Teslas the pack size dictated maximum performance as well, because the batteries were the limiting factor not the motors at such (except for 2wd versions).

Now with Cybertruck the battery is better for peak with the 4680s because of the tabless design, and the pack is also much bigger because of the CT extra consumption per mile, whilst the weight, although currently unknown is also likely to result in a better power to weight ratio as well.

That means now technically there is a legit reason to have a configurable battery size regardless of what motorisation you choose.

But I don't think that option will be available soon, simply because we know that the batteries are the limiting factor for CT production, meaning Tesla will prioritise vehicles with the least amount of batteries per dollar of vehicle profit.
Sponsored