Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
It's great that attention has turned to the Roof Racks, and its clear that they definitely work well.
But its raised questions that would be great if Tesla could put to bed.

It would be nice to know how / where the roof racks will attach exactly.

For instance, will it be via the L Track or Airline Track along the inside walls of the vault ?
If so I assume that means that the vault has to say open when Roof Racks are deployed. Not ideal.
I assume it wont be via anything to do with the Sail Storage, otherwise that has to stay open or ajar and compromises weather seal.

Some clarity on this would be worthwhile, if anyone fromTesla is listening.
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
It's great that attention has turned to the Roof Racks, and its clear that they definitely work well.
But its raised questions that would be great if Tesla could put to bed.

It would be nice to know how / where the roof racks will attach exactly.

For instance, will it be via the L Track or Airline Track along the inside walls of the vault ?
If so I assume that means that the vault has to say open when Roof Racks are deployed. Not ideal.
I assume it wont be via anything to do with the Sail Storage, otherwise that has to stay open or ajar and compromises weather seal.

Some clarity on this would be worthwhile, if anyone fromTesla is listening.

How about this photo from the camping thread.

Tesla Cybertruck Factory Ladder Bed Rack For Cybertruck Spotted in Reveal Night Image 8479f519-1509-4935-90be-9a3c8178e6c0-jpe

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag

8479f519-1509-4935-90be-9a3c8178e6c0-jpeg.jpg
yeah I was thinking of those from the beginning of this thread, but you know what?
I kinda feel the front support for the rack should rest on the apex of the cab, and be anchored there by those tab/slots.

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
8479f519-1509-4935-90be-9a3c8178e6c0-jpeg.jpg
Thank you, you're right.

And the anchor points are directly in line with the strongest points, the B pillar, and the partition between the cabin and the bed.

Im starting to see how this thing can load up to 3,500 lbs, but now I'm wondering whether it should be much much more :D

P.S.
If they used the Cybertruck in the "Fast and the Furious", they could have carried the Vault instead of dragging it,
much more believable, even if they carried 3 of them, one on the bed, one on the roof, and one more on top of the first two. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
It's going to be the most futuristic ladder carrying pickup ever :)

IMG_6549.JPG
This is it. The images on the bottom look like the perfect lumber rack configuration. So important that the rack reach past the apex of the roof, that way I can fit 16' lengths of lumber. I hope it'll be stainless steel, with this there will be no stopping the cybertruck from market domination.

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
So the ladder rack was right there all the time... all I had to do was look. I've been fooled... again.
That also is the best pic of the inside of the sail pillar storage I've seen.

I wish the sail pillar door opened down instead of up. The doors on the toolboxes on my truck now make a very nice little table, at just the right height. The way this door opens upward, it looks like you could put your eye out with that.

Rick b

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Founders roadster, trimotor cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This is it. The images on the bottom look like the perfect lumber rack configuration. So important that the rack reach past the apex of the roof, that way I can fit 16' lengths of lumber. I hope it'll be stainless steel, with this there will be no stopping the cybertruck from market domination.

That’s our big question out here in New England.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
So the ladder rack was right there all the time... all I had to do was look. I've been fooled... again.
That also is the best pic of the inside of the sail pillar storage I've seen.

I wish the sail pillar door opened down instead of up. The doors on the toolboxes on my truck now make a very nice little table, at just the right height. The way this door opens upward, it looks like you could put your eye out with that.
Where we are going you won't need eyes...

rstrouts

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
This image from Cybertruck reveal night hasn't gotten much focus - the one circled in the first image below. Don't know why it's the only one that Tesla didn't release a large version of, but zooming in on the image (from a reveal night video) shows what looks like a ladder rack and tools charging in the bed. Cool design for that ladder rack!

Cybertruck Ladder Rack Charging Tools 1.jpeg

Cybertruck Ladder Rack Charging Tools 4.jpg
Winch<—->raft<—->ground. Let’s. Go. Fishin’!

MrMike777

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Toyota Prius
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I hope they would make room for a ladder or lumber pass through the bed under the seats and into the frunk.

scomer

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Excellent catch; well done. I think I also like the deep dish wheels better than the wheels on the truck on stage.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I can see a passthru into the back seat area, but I would not want passthru under the driver seat, or something that could angle over to be in the driver footwell area. I have seen accidents caused by random stuff getting into that area (cups, phones, etc) and interfering with the operation of the pedals.

I do know I am overly sensitive about this, so no reason to tell me that.

The Bollinger passthru is about the only way I think a front to back passthru could be practical and safe, and it has a much larger, boxier frunk area, so it is more of a worth while design choice. I do not think the CT will have such a large frunk so I do not think it will be worth it.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I can see a passthru into the back seat area, but I would not want passthru under the driver seat, or something that could angle over to be in the driver footwell area. I have seen accidents caused by random stuff getting into that area (cups, phones, etc) and interfering with the operation of the pedals.

I do know I am overly sensitive about this, so no reason to tell me that.

The Bollinger passthru is about the only way I think a front to back passthru could be practical and safe, and it has a much larger, boxier frunk area, so it is more of a worth while design choice. I do not think the CT will have such a large frunk so I do not think it will be worth it.
I've used the small window in the back of my F-150 (12x12) in a pinch to transport 16 foot lengths of lumber, even 20 foot lengths of re-bar, it did stick out past the back of the tailgate, but I always put my trucks to work hard. Cybertruck is going to work just as hard if not harder, and it's going to do it cheaper and longer. At 56, this is probably gonna be the last truck I'm ever going to buy. In 17 years, I put 250,000 miles on my F-150. At 1 million miles I may get from Cybertruck, it'll take me 68 years to get there. I'll be 124. Time to retire!
Or maybe download me into my new Cyberbody, and keep truckin'! ?

CyberCop

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado HD , Cybertruck dual on order
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
This is why I like this forum, someone always finds new and exciting things about the CT.
Sponsored