O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They want to surprise me with a two door model.
I've been surprised for the last 18 months......I believe they are still changing small things around......but we have been told design is locked in......but I have hard time believing that........they make in-line changes almost every week on the Model Y so I'll bet the 1st CT wont be anything like the 100th
Sponsored

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I've been surprised for the last 18 months......I believe they are still changing small things around......but we have been told design is locked in......but I have hard time believing that........they make in-line changes almost every week on the Model Y so I'll bet the 1st CT wont be anything like the 100th
They won’t be changing the castings. I don’t know how much those molds cost but I imagine it’s a whole lot.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They won’t be changing the castings. I don’t know how much those molds cost but I imagine it’s a whole lot.
I agree with that......but small changes are easy to make

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Regarding the castings:

Has anyone ever seen shock towers mounted the way it looks like they'll be mounted on the CT? There's no pass through unless it gets cut out later in the process, or maybe they get added to the casting mold later. Does the Y casting ever not have passthroughs? After looking at the assembly image it looks like they blacked out the top of the shock mounts. That shadow seems a little too aggressive in that area of the casting.
on the official photo from Q1 earnings, agree that shadow appears artificially overlayed. becomes more apparent when you manipulate the photo away from shadows:

Tesla Cybertruck First Cybertruck Front Castings Spotted at Giga Texas! 1684182370920

As for the castings at giga-texas, as mentioned in the other thread, i do not believe the passthroughs are in the moulding, but instead punched out post casting. Here's a Model Y front casting, not yet with passthroughs:

Tesla Cybertruck First Cybertruck Front Castings Spotted at Giga Texas! 1684182515279

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
That artificial shadow is either hiding a preproduction jerry-rig imperfection that they don't want anyone to gripe about, or it's hiding a suspension engineering surprise. Either way, someone at Tesla said, "Hey, we shouldn't show that.".

Hmmm. . .

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
That artificial shadow is either hiding a preproduction jerry-rig imperfection that they don't want anyone to gripe about, or it's hiding a suspension engineering surprise. Either way, someone at Tesla said, "Hey, we shouldn't show that.".

Hmmm. . .
couldn’t begin to imagine what sort of surprise worth hiding would be located (or would fit) there

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Tesla is just generating talk by giving us a pre-investor day peek at a 9000T working press.

Jeff Roberts makes a video at 9am and nothing in the doorway.

Joe T. says he spotted 'something earlier' at the start of his 10:30am fly over. Not the first time he has spotted 'something earlier'. He does a flyover before a flyover?

Then 304 is written on the other pallets, even though likely not SS, you can't miss the connection.

The Tesla way.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I doubt the 100th will be different than the first, maybe not, but they will always be improving it. Every few thiusand will change at first and slowly the number will go up. Just my guess of course.

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm telling you, those are tank parts for Ukraine!

WA-CyberDriver

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Dual Motor
Country flag
I seem to recall videos of a large collection of "failed" castings for the MY outside of Gigas Texas and Berlin as they were dialing in the Giga-press for those installations.

I had always presumed that we would see that same collection of failures for the CT when the 9000t GP was being dialed in... and I haven't seen evidence of that, yet. Perhaps they've got things calibrated more quickly for the CT.

If the "C" marked on those castings does mean "cracked"(bad) (as previously noted here) then this may be the start of the collection of failed CT castings.
Sponsored