Art138

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP,Ferrari Pista,Ford GT & CYBERBEAST ordered
Country flag
I think Foundation Series has a way to go……I ordered 2/24 for a Cyberbeast and order details mentioned late 24. I know a few others who ordered in January and they are still waiting. Demand is still strong and probably into 25.
Sponsored

Don Draper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Model S
Country flag
No guarantee that the non-FS AWD truck will be $79,990.

The official Cybertruck website states "Est $79,990"
Exactly! With the AWD I bet all the FS options will be extra. White interior, bigger wheels and tires. Styling and seats maybe an upgrade too. Bring you right back to the 100k price. Anyone wanting a under $80k going to be very basic if possible.

GuyV

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, FS Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Exactly! With the AWD I bet all the FS options will be extra. White interior, bigger wheels and tires. Styling and seats maybe an upgrade too. Bring you right back to the 100k price. Anyone wanting a under $80k going to be very basic if possible.
I didn't wait, have mine, but I do think Tesla will make an effort for a good package that qualifies for the tax credit. I'm sure they will love to see the orders piling up and sharing that info.

OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Agreed. The $80k AWD version will most likely be de-contented by Tesla.

It will most likely be equipped with a basic tire and wheel package, non ventilated seats, tonneau cover might be optional, etc.

Last edited:

Don Draper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Model S
Country flag
Agreed. The $80k AWD version will most likely be de-contend by Tesla.

It will most likely be equipped with a basic tire and wheel package, non ventilated seats, tonneau cover might be optional, etc.
Option to turn on 4 wheel steering, cooled seats and rear heated seats

Engi_Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR (21 & 23)
Country flag
Tesla called my number several weeks ago and I passed. I'm sure well off folks are less concerned, but I cannot afford the $30k overnight depreciation that will occur the day foundation series ends. I also just don't think the truck is worth anywhere near six figures, with pieces coming off, no autopilot, scratched and different colored body panels, and a typical Model 3/Y interior. I can get an insanely swank Rivian for like 600 bucks a month right now. I actually ordered a M3P instead but (shocker) it's now looking like Tesla lied about the delivery window and it's delayed.

OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I predict Tesla will keep diving into the reservation pool to keep the FS trucks going for the remainder of 2024.

They are collecting $1,000,000 in sales revenue for every 10 AWD trucks sold. Tesla leadership has zero incentive to switch to lower priced trim levels.

Last edited:

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I’d be curious to know what percentage of those who ordered the Foundation Series who haven’t yet received their VINs ordered the Cyberbeast. I configured mine on January 2nd, and not a peep from Tesla.
Outrageous.

Ronb

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I’d be curious to know what percentage of those who ordered the Foundation Series who haven’t yet received their VINs ordered the Cyberbeast. I configured mine on January 2nd, and not a peep from Tesla.
I configured my beast on March 19th and nothing yet

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Because it becomes a very scumbag move at some point. How many years can you produce an "exclusive" vehicle before it's no longer exclusive?

The entire program was created to buffer the slow ramp up in the first place. And think it's evident by now that the ramp is going much slower than they anticipated.
It'll be exclusive regardless of how many they make, when they stop making them any more.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Tesla called my number several weeks ago and I passed. I'm sure well off folks are less concerned, but I cannot afford the $30k overnight depreciation that will occur the day foundation series ends. I also just don't think the truck is worth anywhere near six figures, with pieces coming off, no autopilot, scratched and different colored body panels, and a typical Model 3/Y interior. I can get an insanely swank Rivian for like 600 bucks a month right now. I actually ordered a M3P instead but (shocker) it's now looking like Tesla lied about the delivery window and it's delayed.
Hahahaha 😆

gooshjkc

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQS SUV 580
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
My prediction and hope is that Tesla will stop making the FS by the end of June, right at the middle of the year. From there, they might take a pause to revamp the factory to start making the NFS. During the pause they will sell and deliver the remaining FS. Some have suggested (myself included), why cut off a source of income if people are willing to pay the extra $20K? However, if you saturate the market with so many FS it loses value and I’m sure Tesla doesn’t want to piss off the people who coughed up an extra $20K. Especially considering these are the true loyal Tesla fans. Meaning they will come back for more later, but anger them that will spell disaster for a company like Tesla.

Cam Salazar

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Because it becomes a very scumbag move at some point. How many years can you produce an "exclusive" vehicle before it's no longer exclusive?

The entire program was created to buffer the slow ramp up in the first place. And think it's evident by now that the ramp is going much slower than they anticipated.
So you're saying Elon should be an idiot instead of a scumbag and stop selling (and charging for) the FS?

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
My prediction and hope is that Tesla will stop making the FS by the end of June, right at the middle of the year. From there, they might take a pause to revamp the factory to start making the NFS. During the pause they will sell and deliver the remaining FS. Some have suggested (myself included), why cut off a source of income if people are willing to pay the extra $20K? However, if you saturate the market with so many FS it loses value and I’m sure Tesla doesn’t want to piss off the people who coughed up an extra $20K. Especially considering these are the true loyal Tesla fans. Meaning they will come back for more later, but anger them that will spell disaster for a company like Tesla.
I really hope your prediction comes true! 😍
Sponsored