Setok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Defender
Country flag
You're out of the region, it's gonna have hacky solutions if you want the original.

-Crissa
Nothing has actually been stated by Tesla in that regard. But it would be awfully nice if they did formally confirm no CT for outside US (at least now). Then again Ford is bringing the Lightning to Europe, so Tesla can't wait forever. At the moment Europe is wide open for utility EVs, especially offroad capable. Vans, however, have started to appear.
Sponsored

BigAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Can someone in the know explain the front wheel "flaps" I guess it must be for the airflow, but I've never seen a car/truck use it... ANYONE????

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
Can someone in the know explain the front wheel "flaps" I guess it must be for the airflow, but I've never seen a car/truck use it... ANYONE????
I thought it’s for airflow as well. This isn’t my Escalade in the pic, it’s a pic I found online, but my Escalade has them to a lesser degree. Guessing Tahoes, Suburbans and Yukons have them as well.
Tesla Cybertruck Franz breaks out Cybertruck for Cars And Coffee @ Petersen! Driving & closeup! Tonneau! IMG_3996

Edit: Spelling

Last edited:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
yea, for aerodynamics

especially with but not just in BEVs, the wheel/wells are a significant source of drag

pretty much all modern trucks have a version of these, though sometimes rather than being merely 'flaps' in front of only the wheel, its an entire lower front skirt

BEVs just benefit moar from even moar

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
If the L-Track on the bed sidewalls has a standard 1 inch center-to-center mounting point spacing, it serves as a good way to measure the bed length; we just have to extrapolate the additional length beyond the ends of the L-Track. I count 61 mounting points total, so the L-Track length between the two end mounting points is 60 inches. I estimate 2 inches from the face of the cab overhang to the first mounting point at the front end of the L-track, and 4 inches from the inside surface of the tailgate to the last mounting point at the back end of the track. That's a total length of 5 feet, 6 inches for that dimension of the bed, agreeing with most of the other estimates I've seen.
I had previously made a similar calculation over here, but without a good side-on view for using pixel measurement tool across the length of the bed

this isn't the best side-on view, but still accounting for some distortion etc. and the earlier OP work, I put the measurement tool to this new bed photo and assuming 1" L-track center spacing - also arrive at around 5.5' for that dimension of the bed, give or take

show work in the other thread:

In the slide deck above I used the L-track mounting point spacing, assumed to be 1" as usual, for some relative size estimates/confirmation, eg.:

Now with this recent, more square-on, photo of the entire bed length, the same 1" spacing assumption can be used to guestimate some other surrounding bed measurements (with some minimal distortion in this lens)

Screenshot (202).png

First, based on the 1" spacing assumption, the L-track has 61 holes total, making the center-to-center of the L-track's outermost holes a known 61"

in order to account for both lens and perspective distortion (this photo is taken at enough of an angle that it would materially impact - making area near tailage appear elongated compared to compression at the bulkhead), I re-calibrated my measurement tool at either end of the photo (e.g., so the 1" standard near the tailgate was used only to measure items near the tailgate, and vice-versa for near the bulkhead)

the main measurements from the tailgate to the bulkhead sill encroachment over bed floor:
  • L-track total (center-to-center of outermost holes) = 61" [assumed]
  • Tailgate-side distance from nearest center of hole to ~tailgate = 5"
  • Bulkehead-side distance from nearest center hole to window sill = 2.5"
  • TOTAL: ~68" (5'8") from tailgate to bulkhead sill encroachment over bed floor
Screenshot (204).png
Screenshot (205).png

For fun, and to cross-measure accounting for distortion along the length, I measured from the L-track's outermost holes (presumed 61") and took the resulting pixel measurement distortion error factor and factored it into an overall length measure and got 68.46" - so pretty consistent across both methodologies.

In the last photo above, note that I took the opportunity to also get a measure of the hardware width, which came in at ~5.28"

Which is consistent with my earlier guestimates from the OP:

And all these measurements, are consistent with my earlier estimates of:

Which altogether reflected estimates of:
  • the total bed depth at floor of right at 6' give-or-take an inch
  • bed depth between bulkhead sill and tailgate of ~5'6"
  • total encroachment of the over-window eave of ~10-12" (meaning the bed aperture is roughly/just over 5' give or take an inch or two)
Which for the more visual among us would result in overall bed lengths at different height intervals of around (give or take an inch or two):

ct bed measures.jpg

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
What's the chances of the newer CT being anywhere near the Peterson when we visit it tomorrow? :cry:

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Zero. Thats how the world works. It will be there after tomorrow. :ROFLMAO:

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag

Like you said, it hasn’t been seen since the OG Cybertruck so I did not include it in the photo.