Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I'm gonna scream here!
NEXT TIME SOMEBODY GIVE IT THE EIGHTY-TWO CENT TEST!
Keep two quarters, two dimes, two nickels, and two pennies in your pocket.
Which combination is the closest to the stainless steel thickness?
Hopefully it's possible to find an edge and measure in several places.

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
I'll bet no one's there with a laser measuring tool or tape ... :)

- ÆCIII
If the L-Track on the bed sidewalls has a standard 1 inch center-to-center mounting point spacing, it serves as a good way to measure the bed length; we just have to extrapolate the additional length beyond the ends of the L-Track. I count 61 mounting points total, so the L-Track length between the two end mounting points is 60 inches. I estimate 2 inches from the face of the cab overhang to the first mounting point at the front end of the L-track, and 4 inches from the inside surface of the tailgate to the last mounting point at the back end of the track. That's a total length of 5 feet, 6 inches for that dimension of the bed, agreeing with most of the other estimates I've seen.

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
[/QUOTE]
Notice the trim of the C-Pillar got abrased heavily on the passenger side. Wondering the cause...

14seconds.png
Perhaps from being touched when opening the door.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
If the L-Track on the bed sidewalls has a standard 1 inch center-to-center mounting point spacing, it serves as a good way to measure the bed length; we just have to extrapolate the additional length beyond the ends of the L-Track. I count 61 mounting points total, so the L-Track length between the two end mounting points is 60 inches. I estimate 2 inches from the face of the cab overhang to the first mounting point at the front end of the L-track, and 4 inches from the inside surface of the tailgate to the last mounting point at the back end of the track. That's a total length of 5 feet, 6 inches for that dimension of the bed, agreeing with most of the other estimates I've seen.
That's cool for the bed/vault, but I was actually interested in the exterior length, which may be a little more difficult to extrapolate from the L-Track length since it's inside the vault.

We need a good side view/elevation shot with some known measurements or something next to the CT with a known reference measurement, if we're going to try extrapolating the length. I'll be looking out for a way to do that though.

I just thought someone would've brought a measuring tape or laser with them to a CT sighting by now. This has already been discussed for months and years on this forum and elsewhere, with it being known that the CT was being downsized slightly.

Even that recent video a few weeks back by Matthew Donegan-Ryan and all the back and forth about that, but when there is a next sighting where people can get up close to it and did they remember to bring a measuring device??

The Cybertruck must be indeed shock-mesmerizing to wipe all memory just as people are about to go see it. :)

- ÆCIII

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
Cool videos. I didn’t see the large red brake light bar light up when Franz was backing up. :cry:

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
And I’m only 3 miles from the Peterson, and I missed it.
I’ll ask a buddy that’s a member and always gets the invites if he was there, but I’m sure he would have sent me some pics.

Franz was at the Century City Mall the day I reserved mine. If anyone will have a display model, it will be Century City.

Rick

Setok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Defender
Country flag
Turn the port 45°. Now it fits. Or only have the Type 2 connector.

Don't sweat it.

-Crissa
Just having Type 2 will not cut it. Who wants a vehicle that can only slow charge?

I did consider the 45 degree approach and that’s certainly possible. But it would be odd and feel a bit out of place. Not a deal breaker if done that way, but would certainly seem like a hack.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I just saw the video where Franz is letting his kids into the truck and I have to say that the button above the door is a much better idea than our current 3 and y handles.

It's more intuitive and my riders might not struggle lol

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Will just fit a sheet of plywood with the tailgate down……they need to extend the tailgate stop lights to the top of the gate so they are visible with the gate down…..

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Just having Type 2 will not cut it. Who wants a vehicle that can only slow charge?

I did consider the 45 degree approach and that’s certainly possible. But it would be odd and feel a bit out of place. Not a deal breaker if done that way, but would certainly seem like a hack.
You're out of the region, it's gonna have hacky solutions if you want the original.

-Crissa
Sponsored