CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I checked mine as well and it's still showing Full Self-Driving Capability.

Unfortunately just going around in a circle for everyone to state what is showing and what is not showing on their account page isn't going to help unless there is actually a lot of people with the same problem.

My advice would be to call Tesla and explain your situation. I'm sure Tesla will be able to check the history of your orders and if it has been adjusted at all. If Tesla can't find any history of FSD being selected on your account and there isn't a large amount of people who show the same issue, you might be out of luck. At that point you would have to choose whether to go without FSD, add it to your order at the curret price, or look at other vehicles if you don't accept the possible error.

Hopefully it all works out for you, i don't mean to sound negative but if it happens that you are just alone on this issue and almost no one else is experiencing it, Tesla may not resolve it for you.
Sponsored

OP
OP

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mine still shows the FSD right under the Tri Motor AWD to the left. Whew... you had me worried.
1623874772439.png
well mine has been deleted and I cant find any way to communicate with Tesla to get an answer

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
well mine has been deleted and I cant find any way to communicate with Tesla to get an answer
I hope that's just a glitch and that you get it fixed. That would bother me, too.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
I’m curious what day exactly that it went from $7000.00 to 10k? I apologize if this has been asked already.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I’m curious what day exactly that it went from $7000.00 to 10k? I apologize if this has been asked already.
I don't know the exact days but I believe it was around mid 2020 that it went from 7000-8000 and then it was sometime in the fall that it went from 8000-10000

The price has been increasing much faster than it has in the past and i'm sure it's in anticipation of the FSD version that they keep hinting about. They really talked up it's capabilities compared to the current version. It's possible that once it's released, we might see another FSD price increase shortly after.

I remember this tweet by Elon.

Tesla Cybertruck FSD Missing from my Account 1623881119236

With that in mind I knew I had to get FSD while it was in the early stages. Even if level 4/5 is 10 years away, I don't plan on getting rid of my Cybertruck ever so it's completely worth the investment.

I'm also getting the Model X Plaid before the FSD price gets too high.

If Tesla can reach level 4/5, the resale value of Teslas with FSD should skyrocket. Even level 3 should should actual resale value from the FSD software since it will allow drivers to read, text, or even work in their vehicles as long as they are ready to take over.

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I don't know the exact days but I believe it was around mid 2020 that it went from 7000-8000 and then it was sometime in the fall that it went from 8000-10000

The price has been increasing much faster than it has in the past and i'm sure it's in anticipation of the FSD version that they keep hinting about. They really talked up it's capabilities compared to the current version. It's possible that once it's released, we might see another FSD price increase shortly after.

I remember this tweet by Elon.

1623881119236.png

With that in mind I knew I had to get FSD while it was in the early stages. Even if level 4/5 is 10 years away, I don't plan on getting rid of my Cybertruck ever so it's completely worth the investment.

I'm also getting the Model X Plaid before the FSD price gets too high.

If Tesla can reach level 4/5, the resale value of Teslas with FSD should skyrocket. Even level 3 should should actual resale value from the FSD software since it will allow drivers to read, text, or even work in their vehicles as long as they are ready to take over.
my only issue with FSD 4/5 level is if/when it comes in "10" years, will the hardware I have in my CT today (or next year) be able to handle it

Knowing computer tech, I am guessing no. After all try playing Cyberpunk on 10 year old PC hardware :)

Remember too they had to upgrade computers in early Model S to use the autopilot in place today, and those were not 10 years old yet when the hardware was upgraded.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Maybe I am somewhat nervous about all the changes going on with the CyberTruck page of my account, but I was looking at it today and noticed that the FSD was missing......I purchased on reveal night and I have a reservation number of 46.160.....With FSD missing, does that mean Tesla has unilaterally taken it off my order? does that mean when I finally am able to finalize order that my FSD price will jump from 7k to 10K?.....if that happens, I just may not purchase the truck.....Yes, I know that they have the right to make changes, but since everything is going over the air changes and knowing that Tesla does things without telling its customers, it is making me re-think.....they can add and take away whenever they want, good things and bad things....

anyway, has anyone else noticed the missing FSD?.....also missing is the price of FSD....Once was 7k and no nothing
I’m sure your fine. maybe something special is going on? you do have a great place in line.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
my only issue with FSD 4/5 level is if/when it comes in "10" years, will the hardware I have in my CT today (or next year) be able to handle it

Knowing computer tech, I am guessing no. After all try playing Cyberpunk on 10 year old PC hardware :)

Remember too they had to upgrade computers in early Model S to use the autopilot in place today, and those were not 10 years old yet when the hardware was upgraded.
So I don't think FSD customers will have to worry about that for a couple reasons.

the first reason is obviously the car itself is fully controllable from software, whether or not that software is at level 5 capability doesn't change the fact that all vehicle controls can be handled by software alone. So we don't have to worry about a requirement to change anything major on the vehicle to upgrade.

Now when it comes to the chips that handle the software, that could possibly need an upgrade but I don't think it will cost anything extra. When Tesla upgraded the hardware, the hardware was complimentary for anyone that purchased FSD. The nice thing about this is, Tesla didn't even require the FSD to be purchased prior to this announcement. If you didn't have FSD, you could purchase FSD and then schedule a complimentary upgrade.

Also speaking about upgrading stuff for the Cybertruck. Tesla is building their vehicles to last as long as a commercial truck. The model 3 body and drive unit is supposed to last a million miles and it will just be other parts that need to be replaced over time. So with that in mind, I'm hoping that a lot of parts in the Cybertruck are interchangable for future upgrades. Upgrade the battery, infotainment, seats, and everything else so you can spend a few thousand every 5-10 years instead of buying a brand new truck every 10-20 years. Maybe Tesla will eventually offer a center console installation instead of a 6th seat. I love the 6th seat but I know my friends and a lot of people here who might not be planning on having 3-4 kids would like the option for a center console that could be used for work, or just additional storage.

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
We checked three existing orders, 1 single motor and 2 tri's, all show FSD listed as originally ordered. All three orders from Jan-Mar 2020.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
well it used to be on my page below Tri-motor but is now missing.....as I said, I purchased in Nov 2019 on reveal night for 7k.....there have changes from 7 to 8 to 10k for FSD now....wonder what Tesla is going to do when I finalize my order
I talked to a sales rep at Tesla when I saw that mine jumped from 7k to 10k. They have your account in their system and they can look at all the changes. Plus we have the emails with confirmations of our reservation. If you selected the FSD when it was 7k and you did not edit that order or make changes and save those changes, they will do the research to confirm that you ordered FSD at 7k and honor it. At least that is what I am being told. I wanted to switch my reservation for the CT2 with FSD (at 7k) to the CT3 so I opened the edit option and noticed the FSD jumped to 10k so I closed it and called them. The sales rep assured me that if I did not make changes then they would not make me pay the added cost. So my recommendation is to anyone wanting to change their order to actually place a new reservation just in case. At least that way when the time comes to order you now have more choices and you aren't at risk of losing the original price because you made changes. I get that Tesla can change the cost as needed but I think you have more bargaining power if you don't make changes.

Ranulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri motor
Country flag
Just checked my order email and my account. Both say I have FSD. Do you still have your order email?

OP
OP

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just checked my order email and my account. Both say I have FSD. Do you still have your order email?
that's my problem......email crashed and lost all saved emails......who can I call? I have not heard back from any emails sent to them

EDIT: if worst comes to worse and I cannot get Tesla to own up to their error, I will save the $10k and get the subscription at $125-$150....that way I have it and save the up-front $10k and spread it out over many (~7 to 10 ) years

Last edited:

Gogster2k

First Name
Gogian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Charger, Honda Odyssey, Tesla M3, MY.
Occupation
Retired. Tier II Desktop Support Tech, Southern California Edison
Country flag
I just checked my reservation and it still has the FSD option in there. I’m still debating whether I really need it since I don’t really plan to do a lot of long distance traveling with my CT. I ordered the FSD when it was at $7k and the fact that this feature is only good for the original owner, this feature isn’t adding any value to the truck should I ever sell it. NOT!!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
...and the fact that this feature is only good for the original owner, this feature isn’t adding any value to the truck should I ever sell it. NOT!!
No, FSD transfers with the vehicle when sold. It's up to te buyer to gauge whether that's worth paying more, tho.

-Crissa
Sponsored