Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Z4, 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2008 R1200RT
Occupation
Aviation Weapons/Systems
Country flag
Hoge wash, FSD prices should not increase since there is no extra cost for bringing it in from 2019, It is a damn ON code. Enough letting this slide. Compensation for waiting 5-6 years should be enough.
I think, and I could be wrong, that the only real guide we have about the price lock relates to two things.

1. The document in our files says flatly that if you reserved FSD that locked in the price.
2. As I understand it, Model Y reservation holders who kept the vehicle configuration they ordered kept the FSD price, but those that changed it, even those who had to because the one they had reserved was cancelled before production began.

So the way I interpret it, assuming single motor is dead, those folks who also checked FSD are out of luck on the lock. Dual folks should be good to go if they still buy that. Same for tri, unless thats dead in favor of quad. As for folks who reserved after the ability to specify a configuration, I dont think there's been an FSD price increase since then, but honesty I'm sure of those timelines.
Sponsored

Huntsman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
Hoge wash, FSD prices should not increase since there is no extra cost for bringing it in from 2019, It is a damn ON code. Enough letting this slide. Compensation for waiting 5-6 years should be enough.
I was wrong - FSD prices should be honored. I was corrected and shown where in the contract it specifies such.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I think, and I could be wrong, that the only real guide we have about the price lock relates to two things.

1. The document in our files says flatly that if you reserved FSD that locked in the price.
2. As I understand it, Model Y reservation holders who kept the vehicle configuration they ordered kept the FSD price, but those that changed it, even those who had to because the one they had reserved was cancelled before production began.

So the way I interpret it, assuming single motor is dead, those folks who also checked FSD are out of luck on the lock. Dual folks should be good to go if they still buy that. Same for tri, unless thats dead in favor of quad. As for folks who reserved after the ability to specify a configuration, I dont think there's been an FSD price increase since then, but honesty I'm sure of those timelines.
That would be a criminal violation in California. And yes, Tesla's configurator screwed up for some number of people. Tesla allowed then to configure alot earlier than they're doing with us. Too early, perhaps.

They ultimately did get their reservation FSD price honored.
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-y-lr-rwd-canceled-owners-compromise/

Just so tired with this conversation.

-Crissa

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
Why do people believe/fear that Tesla is out to screw them? Honestly like to know. Everything I see about them screams quite the opposite. They have a well defined mission and everything I see them do is about that mission. And no, that mission is not to screw you out of every dollar you have. They seem pretty open and honest in all their dealings. I’m sure there are singular exceptions, but on a large scale, I don’t see it. I DO see posters trying to bag on the company for odd excuses and they’re never open with their reasons.

So explain to me why are people so afraid of this?

Bill837

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Z4, 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2008 R1200RT
Occupation
Aviation Weapons/Systems
Country flag
That would be a criminal violation in California. And yes, Tesla's configurator screwed up for some number of people. Tesla allowed then to configure alot earlier than they're doing with us. Too early, perhaps.

They ultimately did get their reservation FSD price honored.
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-y-lr-rwd-canceled-owners-compromise/

Just so tired with this conversation.

-Crissa
Not trying to be a downer. I'm glad that one person fought it and got it as they should have, and I'm sure others did as well. But that wasnt all people, judging by owners stories in other subs.

Legalities, who knows. I dont. Would I not move to tri/quad if it meant paying 5K more for FSD?

jqattan56

First Name
Jamal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Mechanical Design Cosultant
Country flag
Why do people believe/fear that Tesla is out to screw them? Honestly like to know. Everything I see about them screams quite the opposite. They have a well defined mission and everything I see them do is about that mission. And no, that mission is not to screw you out of every dollar you have. They seem pretty open and honest in all their dealings. I’m sure there are singular exceptions, but on a large scale, I don’t see it. I DO see posters trying to bag on the company for odd excuses and they’re never open with their reasons.

So explain to me why are people so afraid of this?
Not fear, just tired of this run around. This time around, please lord, just make it go straight.

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
I'm guessing that minimum price for Cybertruck will be right around $50K. How about you? Let's see who can come close, especially for actual prices at the time when deliveries are fairly "common" and real, and not just for any first delivery event. Much higher, like $90K perhaps?
YES! I love speculating. Let’s say Tesla is going to shoot for the middle and go with the dual-motor variant at launch, based on the testing mules we’ve seen so far. That was $49,900 in 2019. Add in inflation over the past 4 years and $49,900 in 2019 is worth $59,926.26 today (9/23/23). Then there’s all of the new methods and processes, battery cell allocations (4680s), initial ramping, etc. etc. and I think we come out somewhere between $60K and $70K. It depends on how much of a margin Tesla wants to have.

This is not a Model 3 refresh. You’re not getting a $40K or even a $50K CyberTruck at launch. Think somewhere in between the S/X and the 3/Y. The only guarantee, IN MY OPINION, is that it will be under $80K, so that it qualifies for the $7,500 EV rebate from 2024 to 2032.

Last edited:

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Not trying to be a downer. I'm glad that one person fought it and got it as they should have, and I'm sure others did as well. But that wasnt all people, judging by owners stories in other subs.

Legalities, who knows. I dont. Would I not move to tri/quad if it meant paying 5K more for FSD?
I have this photo on my desktop because I upload it to this forum constantly. We do not need to stress about whether or not Tesla will honor FSD prices...

Onto new topics please....
Tesla Cybertruck Great time for Cybertruck PRICING PREDICTIONS circled.JPG

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

Stories are just that, stories.

That some people accepted the error doesn't mean it wasn't in error. Or admitted in error.

We have confirmation it was in error.

Add in inflation over the past 4 years and...
You have forgotten that they weren't expecting to get paid in 2019. They were expecting to get paid in 2021 or 2022. So there needs to be at least two years of 3% inflation built in. Tesla also didn't pull the pricing until the end of 2021, so we should accept the prices were good through inflation until 2021.

-Crissa
Sponsored