Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Im not sure if the ceramic coating would cut down on heat, its more for paint protection. I'll have to look into that some!
If this is the type ceramic coating you're considering, I think it'll work! 😃

Tesla Cybertruck How hot does a glass roof get? Tiles
Sponsored

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Maybe I'm missing something. I've heard of a few leaky sunroofs from the 70's, but never on cars from the past couple decades. And I'm supposed to maintain my sunroof?
My Model S has a sunroof (that is never opened because it gets sooooooo hot if you do). the only leaking problem I ever have is when the drains around the perimeter clog. Rain water will collect in the channel around the edge until it overflows into the cabin. I'd never get another operable sun roof again.

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
I live in Texas and have never had a glass roof vehicle. The sun is intense here and I wonder how hot an all glass roof will make the vehicle feel inside. It looks like the roof is heavily tinted based on the few images from above I've seen. I'm hoping this keeps the open air and cavernous feel inside the truck without causing major solar heating inside the cabin. In my current truck that has an amazing AC, the side with the sun on them is much warmer than the other while driving. I'm wondering how hot the entire truck will feel in August when it is 100F outside with the sun blazing down. Anyone with a glass roof car in the deep south have some experience they can share?
We have 2 glass roof Tesla's and are in the CA central valley where day time temps are 100F+ and no issues. I thought I might have to buy one of the aftermarket shades but even on the hottest days 110F-ish it isn't a problem. That said, I'm an old guy with a full head of hair for insulation. Chrome domes might tell a different story. ;-)

Art O'Connor

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2010 Chevrolet K2500HD PU
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
As one poster said, you can pre condition the vehicle. This also means, in the summer, you can leave your dog in the car and run the air conditioner to keep him cool while you go to your meeting. Just make sure you are fully charged because it will ding your range. The CT will be locked and alarmed; so nobody is breaking in. I will get a couple of those stick on thermometers and put the on the windows to deter overzealous dog catchers.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
As one poster said, you can pre condition the vehicle. This also means, in the summer, you can leave your dog in the car and run the air conditioner to keep him cool while you go to your meeting. Just make sure you are fully charged because it will ding your range. The CT will be locked and alarmed; so nobody is breaking in. I will get a couple of those stick on thermometers and put the on the windows to deter overzealous dog catchers.
I had my dog in the car on a recent hot day (80s with dog mode set at 69) and I lost 10 miles over a 2-hour period.
Sponsored