Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
The Canoo wonā€™t go where I want Cybertruck to go.
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
If the truck is 80" wide, how wide is that Human shoulder?

-Crissa
No clue, of course!

And trying to spitball estimates, even just for fun, is a pretty useless errand since the relevant measurement deltaā€™s are so minimal compared to the overall scale of the vehicle: just a handful of inches is the difference between the shoulder room of a midsize vs full-size truck.

But overall, Iā€™m with you and some others that if the 5% shrink is true, the question is: whether thatā€™s 5% from the specs stated at 2019!reveal, or 5% from some larger prototype

the former would mean a possible 5% slide down from market full-size specs

the latter would mean a slide down to market full-sized specs

and separately, I constrain what is obvious to the eye about this specific prototype unit (no 5th seat, has wheel wells at all, etc.) from what the production unit could be.

slomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If its not a six seater maybe it doesn't have an exoskeleton either.

If exoskeleton worked why isn't CT considered "next gen"? Has Musk used the term "exoskeleton" since 2019?

I still lean towards the current CT product page being accurate. But after investor day I'm less sure.

RoadbossTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, Audi Q7, Aventon Aventure
Country flag
Iā€™m bummed too. Holding out hope thereā€™s an option for a 6th seat. It can be a skinny but seat. Most of us just want it for the occasional trip where you cram everyone in.
I agree that a 6th seat option is a necessary option. It just won't be the same without your girlfriend (or wife, or either) sitting next to you!! Right Grimes??!!

Trucky

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma until delivery
Occupation
Chief Investment Officer
Country flag
Hell I ordered a SIX seater. what is this 5 seat crap
How often does anyone actually have 3 people up front? Iā€™d prefer captā€™s chairs to a bench any day..

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
How often does anyone actually have 3 people up front? Iā€™d prefer captā€™s chairs to a bench any day..
About 6 weekends a summer for about 45 minutes while driving friends up the hill.

It is very useful occasionally and with the fold down console, out of the way the rest of the time.

Not a ā€œDeal Breakerā€ for me. But I would definitely prefer that 6th seat.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
When going vacationing, weekend trip, picnicking, camping or visit the cabin there are a lot of families that might need seating for 6 people when they have children plus might add 1-2 grandparents or 1-2 friends of some of the children. Using a 2nd vehicle might not be an option because most of the passengers might not have licenses. Also using a 2nd vehicle doubles transportation costs and right now it rare for a family to have even one BEV no less have 2.

CyberJustice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
I only wanted the middle seat so I can watch or game in the center of the truck.

Regardless, Tesla always offers different seating arrangements so I wouldn't be surprised if 6 seats is an option for CT

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
I agree that a 6th seat option is a necessary option. It just won't be the same without your girlfriend (or wife, or either) sitting next to you!! Right Grimes??!!
Once there is something like a full width bench seat, that's good for 3, four, who knows? Eight people?

If it's exoskeleton based, there shouldn't be any need for a 6" thick driver and passenger side doors. So the necessary width is there.

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
You didn't order anything. You gave a $100 bill to stand in line to order something. Once your number comes up, you can place your order.

NJturtlePower

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3 Stealth Performance
Country flag
Hell I ordered a SIX seater. what is this 5 seat crap
Cancel ASAP so we can all move up one spot! ;)

Or.....just wait to see what's actually released as a production version. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You didn't order anything. You gave a $100 bill to stand in line to order something. Once your number comes up, you can place your order.
You forgot the closing tag. Posts like this should always close with it.

/pedant
Sponsored