Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
There is no “EV Truck” market. There is a pickup truck market.
False, I'm part of the EV truck market. I may be a market of one, but not likely, as I know at least one other weirdo like me. I currently have no truck, though I'd like one, because I will only have an EV truck with particularly good off road abilities. So that killed the F150 and Rivian for me. And I sold me mid-size truck because I'm not willing to drive gas any more. I want an EV truck with the abilities of a full size truck but slightly smaller if possible, and great off road ability.
Sponsored

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
So maybe the bed can come in a shortened version to allow for a 3rd row of seats? Like a cross between minivan and pickup truck...
Somebody came up with a render of a Cybertruck SUV. If the Cybertruck does in fact end up having only 5 seats then it would start to make a whole lot of sense.

Tesla Cybertruck I ordered a SIX seater, not FIVE seats CyberSuv

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
False, I'm part of the EV truck market. I may be a market of one, but not likely, as I know at least one other weirdo like me. I currently have no truck, though I'd like one, because I will only have an EV truck with particularly good off road abilities. So that killed the F150 and Rivian for me. And I sold me mid-size truck because I'm not willing to drive gas any more. I want an EV truck with the abilities of a full size truck but slightly smaller if possible, and great off road ability.
I’m apparently part of the “Power Steering Truck” market because I won’t buy a truck without power steering. It’s pretty bad if you’ve ever done it. Also part of the “4 wheel drive truck” market. And the “trucks with a tow hitch” truck market.

Since apparently we break down markets by indivdual features now?

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Somebody came up with a render of a Cybertruck SUV. If the Cybertruck does in fact end up having only 5 seats then it would start to make a whole lot of sense.

CyberSuv.jpg
Almost perfect but needs a few adjustments to the design to reflect latest Cybertruck aesthetic.
Door handles removed and the BAW (or BAWs) are added.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Since apparently we break down markets by indivdual features now?
That’s been going on for a while, such as with the Tundras torque claims. And I personally have been looking at it that way for a long time. What class do you think my gladiator was in?

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
As they are nearing production it seems like they are getting cute in the wrong places. Like the triangle side mirrors and the "Cybertruck" door sill. It seems like they are worrying about the aesthetics more than the function and the CT really was born out of function. I think they decided it felt to cramped with the 6th seat and that truck guys "want their big gulps" center console or something stupid like that.

Elon, give us 6 seats and a pass through back window. Screw the light bar or the side mirrors or your cute interior. We don't care. You promised "Better utility than a truck" right on the front page. A 5 seat truck with no pass through is not any better.

I wonder if they are really struggling to hit the range that they promised so they are trying to lighten the truck and removing a passenger is a big way to do that.

The CT website still says 6 seats so lets hold out hope.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
If the final design does not have 6 seats, I am out. Total deal breaker as I have 4 kids. This is one of the things that made Cybertruck stand apart from Rivian or F150 Lightning.
I may not be fully out but I am a 4 kiddo dad too and that would really suck. I was really looking forward to taking the whole family for a ride. Elon with 8 kids is already maxed out and its not like he is parenting many of them anyway.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I think they decided it felt to cramped with the 6th seat and that truck guys "want their big gulps" center console or something stupid like that.
Yes, that's what I want, exactly. I do care about a great interior, and do not care about a window. I've never opened it when I had one. I definitely need the light bar and pretty sure I want good side mirrors. So, you have some needs, but they are not universal.

Jonebe

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
real estate
Country flag
I will not buy a 5 seat CT, must have a 6 seat! How do we impress this upon Tesla?

Jonebe

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
real estate
Country flag
The 6 seater gives more room to the driver. The optional 3rd person in front is invaluable. It's even "greener" Elon. But the most important issue to me is the room in the cockpit and a console does not provide this. "KEEP" the 6 seater!!

Jonebe

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
real estate
Country flag
I feel like this SHOULD be an option, so many modern trucks still have this as an option. I would really love the bench seat up front, it seem more utilitarian somehow.
I totally agree! I have had trucks for 20+ years- all with 3 seats up front. I cannot buy a 5 seater. I want the extra room in driver's seat allowed by eliminating the console! I have 2 trucks reserved and will cancel both unless we can opt for 3 front seats.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Hmm... that's an interesting point.

Could there be a (new?) airbag regulation for each seating position that cannot be met due to the screen?

(But then, how would that be met for the middle back seat?)

Maybe it's just matter of what you'll hit in the back seat vs front in a collision?

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I will not buy a 5 seat CT, must have a 6 seat! How do we impress this upon Tesla?
First find a group that fits the "we" above. Then organize and let him know? Good luck. I'll be cheering you on.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
The 6 seater gives more room to the driver. The optional 3rd person in front is invaluable. It's even "greener" Elon. But the most important issue to me is the room in the cockpit and a console does not provide this. "KEEP" the 6 seater!!
Not sure how the 3rd person in front is "greener". Added weight lowers overall range.
Sponsored