Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
And some of us may not buy one without a center console, since the seat is useless (for me). It's very unlike Tesla to give options like this. I would bet money that more people would vote for the console than the seat. As far as telling Tesla, I get the strong impression that they absolutely don't give a shit what us peons think. We're getting what Jesus Elon tells us we get.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Not sure how the 3rd person in front is "greener". Added weight lowers overall range.
if you need to move 6 people, it is greener to take 1 car rather than 2.

Likewise moving 11 or 12 people, better 2 trucks than 3. Or 16,17,18 people, better 3 trucks than 4….

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
And some of us may not buy one without a center console, since the seat is useless (for me). It's very unlike Tesla to give options like this. I would bet money that more people would vote for the console than the seat. As far as telling Tesla, I get the strong impression that they absolutely don't give a shit what us peons think. We're getting what Jesus Elon tells us we get.
There was a vote… was surprisingly close.

The thing about the seat is if they do it right, it folds down into a console and seat-haters can just ignore it for the rest of their lives. Remove the seat and put a console in, it can never be used as a seat. Put a display and a bunch of electronics on the back of the console and I can’t eve DIY something.

Not that I would. If 6th seat wasn’t an option, I’d grumble for 2 days and mostly forget about it.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
A proper center console eliminates the seat. The fold down things are a compromise, which I'd rather not have. I'd prefer a full, huge console with lots of storage, power, electronics, vents, etc. I've had both, I will always take the full console.

Stick the extra passenger(s) in the vault. If you're nice, get them a blowup mattress.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
if you need to move 6 people, it is greener to take 1 car rather than 2.

Likewise moving 11 or 12 people, better 2 trucks than 3. Or 16,17,18 people, better 3 trucks than 4….
OK. But is it still more efficient if you go to the party and part way through, one of your group wants to go home early, so you have to drive them home, then come back to the party to enjoy the rest of the time and take the rest of the crew home later? Just let the party pooper take their own vehicle.

Jonebe

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
real estate
Country flag
Not sure how the 3rd person in front is "greener". Added weight lowers overall range.
Because you can take 6 people in the vehicle versus 5. Same investment in resources gets an extra person from A to B whenever desired.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
For the answer, always look to the Brat, Padawan.
Screenshot_20230306-212203.png
Gotta love our old safety standards. Two handles instead of seatbelts.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
OK. But is it still more efficient if you go to the party and part way through, one of your group wants to go home early, so you have to drive them home, then come back to the party to enjoy the rest of the time and take the rest of the crew home later? Just let the party pooper take their own vehicle.
No, but if there are 7 of you and 1 wants to go home, you are set. Or if 13 friends arrive in 3 vehicles you can send any combination of 1-5 people home early and still get every one else back.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
No, but if there are 7 of you and 1 wants to go home, you are set. Or if 13 friends arrive in 3 vehicles you can send any combination of 1-5 people home early and still get every one else back.
Given all of the above data, how far was the drive to the party and on a 1-10 scale how did the party rate?

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
That’s perfect for my Mother in Law… even if there are only 2 of us.
Falcon Heavy is the perfect vehicle for MY 'EX' Mother in Law. !
Sponsored

Last edited: