Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
They do.

Tesla Cybertruck I think I found the Sail Pillar 1650671690778

I'd hate not to be able to lean my elbow...and secondly.. lean my elbow comfortably. I'm 176cm, hopefully the seat can be raised enough.
Sponsored

OP
OP
charliemagpie

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
This last pic looks like there is a display behind the yoke. Has that been ascertained already?
I'd say yes

There were two CT's at the festival, I zoomed closely at both, one didn't have the display, but this one did. Reasonable to assume, its progress and will be in production.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I'd say yes

There were two CT's at the festival, I zoomed closely at both, one didn't have the display, but this one did. Reasonable to assume, its progress and will be in production.
Thank you for the pic! It definitely looks like a display behind the yoke. It is the one thing I was hoping for that I have had some issues with in our M3 and MY. I guess I am too old to learn new tricks; I have a hard time looking sideways at the monitor when I should be looking forward, and Tesla has all of this information (e.g., blind spot notifications, etc.) that they put on the monitor, or sounds that I do not yet recognize even after a year, so I need this.

OP
OP
charliemagpie

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thank you for the pic! It definitely looks like a display behind the yoke. It is the one thing I was hoping for that I have had some issues with in our M3 and MY. I guess I am too old to learn new tricks; I have a hard time looking sideways at the monitor when I should be looking forward, and Tesla has all of this information (e.g., blind spot notifications, etc.) that they put on the monitor, or sounds that I do not yet recognize even after a year, so I need this.

I'm used to looking sideways at gorgeous women.

DPye_BC

First Name
Durwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier RWD; 2000 Toyota Echo FWD
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Hello… Desperate and dateless people

Going through my secret photo collection for the umpteenth time, I came across this beauty :
1650451803268.png

Zooming in :
A. Some sort of receiver ?
B. Viola, Sail Pillar ? It protrudes all the way up
1650452166969.png
I don't think "A" is a receiver.
It looks like it's in the same position as the tonneau cover controls on the other side.
It would make sense to have controls on both sides.

Tesla Cybertruck I think I found the Sail Pillar 1650451803268_LI

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Here's a quote from last April. I agree those look like anchor points for a roof rack system.

Hey Guys & Gals,
These Hi Res images are interesting, and they are thought provoking. Let me start by saying at this point, all of our posts are opinions. My opinions may not agree with other opinions, but that should be fine. We are merely having conversations about a vehicle that as of now all we KNOW exists is one CONCEPT vehicle.
Alright here goes nothing. Years ago I was a hobby Graphic Designer. These images look like CGI and not photographs. I think they are incredibly good but at this point WE (including myself) are speculating what will be built.
I did a close-up of the tread pattern and you can see that the Pattern in the sand doesn't match up to the tires. In the sand there are perpendicular lines going straight across, yet when you look at the tire they are not at 90 degree angles.
BTW, I also feel like the rectangles that egandalf points out are NOT for hinges, but are actually representing anchor points that are for roof racks, or maybe could be used for the tent attachment. If you look further up above the A-pillar of the doors there's another one. Existing Tesla's have a similar arrangement to attach roof racks. Also these locations are in line with the pillars of the vehicle, which would be the ideal location to bare the weight. I BELEIVE the hinges for the side storage are internal, just like in the bed storage bin. Also, another interesting thing in the image to me, is what looks like a built in foot-step in the side of the tailgate and how the rear bumper wraps around to the rear tire and has a ledge for what could also be a stepping point. In the night of the reveal video when the guy on the ATV steps out of the bed it looks like he used the step on the side of the tailgate.
That's my opinion, and I would enjoy any discussions or opinions anybody else has.

bedstorage.jpg

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I think that image shows intent. Tesla intends to make a functional truck that has anchor points for roof /lumber racks. At this point in time, it's all speculation.
Sponsored

Last edited: