Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
better sketch... Sort of...

Tesla Cybertruck I think I found the Sail Pillar T COver Pattend Pic_LI

Clear end allows view into the bed.
You could control how high you want to to go and all ow more climate control into the bed, In the stowed position it would have little ort no interference with egress into and out of the bed from the cab.
Sponsored

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
What if the mid gate was part of or a section of the tenuto cover. That would allow it to be open when closed and if sectioned open when closed as well. Just spitballing but maybe an additional track that lays next to the track when retracted into the bed or up and in place when when closed no matter the position of the cover.

CT Cover under Bed_LI.jpg
It took me a minute, but I get it. Not a bad idea. The extra couple inches of depth and durability might be issues to work on.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
The one element that I question about a roll up mid gate would be durability for loads against the mid gate. A rigid mid-gate would be a lot sturdier. Some strengthening can be achieved by ribbing or building form oval channels linked together. It makes it a little thicker but great for durability.

You could also bolster by making the seatback support the mid-gate as well.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
One simple solution to the cover storage when the midgate is open. Cover must be closed for the Midgate to open. That would be pretty weird but would work.

OP
OP
charliemagpie

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Great pic! Can you give some context of this photo? Doesn't look like any of the 'Tube videos we've seen. Have more pics? Bed maybe?
I think I snapped these off a video...these are the 3 others in that folder - Showing Bed and Dash.. you may have your wish lol

Tesla Cybertruck I think I found the Sail Pillar 1649553369571

Tesla Cybertruck I think I found the Sail Pillar B320AE6C-456D-4651-9FEE-DD7CD998245A

Tesla Cybertruck I think I found the Sail Pillar Screenshot 2022-04-10 092126

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
One simple solution to the cover storage when the midgate is open. Cover must be closed for the Midgate to open. That would be pretty weird but would work.
As long as you could open it and the mid gate while stationary. Setting up camping or storing things in the bed from the back door will be good since the sails make it harder to just reach over the side accessing the bed close tot he cab.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
This weird/ ugly gap between the seal and the inner panel makes me think the window has just been removed not even pop out and stow.

1650478186971.png

That said. We’re not seeing a finished product. They might have been trying out different rear window designs before the event.
The back looks so ugly compared to the first prototype. It's all black and nasty, the original was poetry in motion, all stainless steel.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
We saw before that the tonneau is independent from the end, so in that scenario, the midgate could open or close while the tonneau is open or closed, the tonneau would just be deactivated when the midgate was unlatched.

-Crissa

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I think I snapped these off a video...these are the 3 others in that folder - Showing Bed and Dash.. you may have your wish lol

1649553369571.png

B320AE6C-456D-4651-9FEE-DD7CD998245A.png

Screenshot 2022-04-10 092126.jpg
This last pic looks like there is a display behind the yoke. Has that been ascertained already?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Has anyone seen the rear-facing cameras on the most recent prototype? I don't see one at the roof line and in the Petersen prototype they had twin rear-facing cameras on either side of the license plate. I haven't seen any of them recently.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Has anyone seen the rear-facing cameras on the most recent prototype? I don't see one at the roof line and in the Petersen prototype they had twin rear-facing cameras on either side of the license plate. I haven't seen any of them recently.
It MIGHT be in the tailgate in the top center. It also looks like a tailgate release button there.

Tesla Cybertruck I think I found the Sail Pillar 1650650289064

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
You are right, I see it. Thanks. I wonder what happened to the trailer hitch cameras they once had. I kind of thought they would have a rear-facing camera up at the top of the vehicle because it would give a really good rearward view, but this one should give a pretty good rearward view.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
They might be hidden under the shadow of the tailgate.

It's hard to know, because it was clear they were testing different secondary sensor arrays outside at Fremont. It might be one of the things they're still playing with - for instance they just swapped out a bunch of Model Y and 3 cameras after finding a slightly better lens. They're always working on this stuff.

-Crissa
Sponsored