If a full size AND mid size Cybertruck were available, what size would you order?

Full size or mid size Cybertruck?

• Total voters
OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I have driven mid size trucks for work up until a year ago when I was assigned a full size crew cab F-150. The truck is a pleasure to drive with room to spare. It drives so easily that a Grandmother would feel comfortable behind the wheel.

The amount of times I get get off in traffic with a full size truck compared to a mid size truck is significantly less. If I were to hazard a guess I would estimate 80% less occurrences. Women are right when they that size matters?
Sponsored

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 AWD LR M3, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Owned a Tacoma, F150. Suburban, minivan (Villager), each having their own advantages and disadvantages, be it, good passenger comfort but not suitable to carry dirty loads, or pigs on gas but otherwise good , or economical all around, but less cargo capacity and tight passenger quarters. The Cybertruck in its full size version covers absolutely every need except parking issues. I don’t have an issue walking from the far spots where it’s easy to park or parking outside (carports are a good compromise), for everything the Full size Cybertruck delivers. This vehicle covers 90% of what I’ve always looked for in a vehicle. My Fave compromise was the Taco. This boosts me up to cheaper operating/life cycle ownership with durability, passenger and cargo capacity and hauling ability thrown in for good measure. Sorry for Europeans older roads and narrow infrastructure limitations, but I’m a Canuck, and we’ve got room here, so full size for me.

Cybercarlson

First Name
T.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
chevy K1500 decades ago, M3, MY, New Beetle
Country flag
but a full electric pickup must be bigger inside than an ice pickup, so if rear seat are correct in the wolverin,
Swarm intelligence is great... I had missed this EV typical layout (I still drive ICE, mea culpa)

If the Cabin is big enought and the bed can be "elongated", into the rear passenger space (if needed), then a over all shorter version could be tempting.

The design studio has a tall order to fill. Make a very variable and thus versatile "world version".

Deleted member 3316

I am a bit surprised at how many members would opt for a mid-size Cybertruck if it were available:

56.9% = Full size Cybertruck
43.1% = Mid size Cybertruck
In Australia the F-150 / Ram 1500 have only just started being imported in bigger numbers.

Most popular size is the Hilux / Ranger / Patrol. I think that size works best here because anything bigger won’t fit down the fire trails and all three can be fitted with an open tray for those requiring larger load volume.

Also fuel is expensive in Australia, those bigger trucks are purchased by people who don’t care how much money they throw into the atmosphere and clearly don’t care about the pending climate crisis. Mind you most 4x4 enthusiasts have at least a little cognitive dissonance if not total disregard for the situation. Although being that there are zero compelling EV 4x4 options in Australia, that may be an overly harsh characterisation.

Cybercarlson

First Name
T.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
chevy K1500 decades ago, M3, MY, New Beetle
Country flag
@*****
Thank you for adding a valid point from "down under".
And yes there are smaler forrest roads in the rest of the world too.
It makes a good explanation why there is a need for a smaler CT.

Even thought I still would like to get the size I ordered.?
And yes I have a little cognitive dissonance. ?
But hey I sold my gas guzzeling Jimny JB74, so I might be saved...?

But in on thing you have to rethink:
chopping of the Vault and putting on a "open tray" (flat bed?),
will not work that easyly with CT, hence there is no frame. o_O

Best to just cancel your reservation and wait for the qute Wolverine....
so I will get my CT one day earlier.

Nice try isn't it?

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I am not a contractor so if the size difference was only the bed and there was a roof rack option that could accommodate sheets of plywood, lumber, pipe, ladders, etc. then I would probably opt for the shorter version, but you didn't specify 'all' of the dimensions, impact on the seating headroom, shoulder room, leg room for all cab passengers and that would play into it so I voted for full size.
Putting sheets of plywood on a roof rack is darn near impossible, avoid it as an option unless you only have to do it once. Its always windy, you are always by yourself and the ply is always 1 inch thick for some ungodly reason.

Last edited:

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
In Australia the F-150 / Ram 1500 have only just started being imported in bigger numbers.

Most popular size is the Hilux / Ranger / Patrol. I think that size works best here because anything bigger won’t fit down the fire trails and all three can be fitted with an open tray for those requiring larger load volume.

Also fuel is expensive in Australia, those bigger trucks are purchased by people who don’t care how much money they throw into the atmosphere and clearly don’t care about the pending climate crisis. Mind you most 4x4 enthusiasts have at least a little cognitive dissonance if not total disregard for the situation. Although being that there are zero compelling EV 4x4 options in Australia, that may be an overly harsh characterisation.
I saw that AUS has he diesel powered Ranger Raptor, lots of truck people in the U.S. would love that but we have to have a lot of diesel emission equipment on our diesel rigs

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Putting sheets of plywood on a roof rack is darn near impossible, avoid it as an option unless you only have to do it once. Its always windy, you are always by yourself and the ply is always 1 inch thick for some ungodly reason.
You are right of course. I recently had to do just that and it was an awful experience, but I really had no choice. It would be much, much better to put plywood in the bed and pipe, lumber, etc on a rack. I look forward to the day when I have a choice again. If they put a stop on the tailgate I could maybe do that with a 6’ bed couldn’t I? And definitely with a mid gate. But I s as m fine with the original dimensions.

New_Mariner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck ordered. Colorado Z71 4 x 4. Multiple electric bikes.
Country flag
Went from a Silverado to a Crew cab Colorado. 300 hp Colorado feels like a sport truck with updated suspension. Interior room was a bit of a shock at first, only because the Silverado had so much room. Small bed in the crew/quad midsize sucks too. My Colorado is about 2 1/2 feet shorter than the CT. I definitely want that vault on the CT and I am preying for a folding mid gate or a larger rear window that rolls all the way down. If the size of the bed and a folding mid gate are not a big deal a mid size CT would be a lot of fun. I would want the smaller one with a vault and folding mid gate too.

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
I don't need a full size truck, but it all depends on the price. If the smaller one was cheaper I'd certainly look at it. I have no plans to park it in a garage or parallel park it very often, everywhere I park regularly has plenty of space for a truck, so I really don't know, but since I'm not likely to be given that choice anyway, I will just take the one that is coming here.

Spartacus

First Name
I said Mark with a "C"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra, Prius, KTM Super Duke
Occupation
retired
Country flag
What's full size these days ... my "full sized" 2000 Tundra is smaller than the mid size Tacoma they make now? The CT is fine for the USA ... can see how a smaller version would be welcomed in Euro countries and would be super easy for middle eastern terrorists to mount a 50 cal in the bed.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Full size or a mid size Cybertruck? The styling would be identical but the “Wolverine” mid sized truck would be more compact and easily fit inside the average US garage. Cast your vote on the upper left of the page!

CE715241-BF03-4120-8A58-FAC626A144F0.jpeg
My garage is 16 foot from floor to ceiling, fit my 2006 Chrysler 300C and my Dodge Ram Pickup with room to spare. It will handle my CT just fine. Little trucks are for men with little......or some might disagree with you. Little hands? Just a little humor here, don't get upset! I want the monstrous version!

gphenix

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
75th Anniversary Jeep Grand Cherokee, MERCEDES AMG SLC43
Country flag
Full size or a mid size Cybertruck? The styling would be identical but the “Wolverine” mid sized truck would be more compact and easily fit inside the average US garage. Cast your vote on the upper left of the page!

CE715241-BF03-4120-8A58-FAC626A144F0.jpeg
Why would I want something different than I ordered. If I had wanted something different I would have bought something different. The Cybertruck fits what we want for my wife to travel in.

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
If the Wolverine kept the same specs as the original, I might be very interested in it. However, if it's 15% downsized, and they feel they need to squeeze the specs down 10-15% too, then keep the Wolverine. I chose the CT because of all it offers in specs, materials, and the overall sense that Tesla (Elon) is determined to build a truck that minimizes damage and ultimately maximizes its capabilities and most importantly its survivability over time. Period. peace
Sponsored