If Quad Motor Cybertruck is $89,900, are you still in?

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I do think production will ramp quickly to 5000 a week by the end of 23.

That could still mean years away, but I think we have 30,000 orders in AU, so hopefully enough to get the tail end of each production model.

My first order is for TRI, which is order number 900,000.

40% of the orders(according to the xls) ..are for TRI ..

At this stage, it puts me 400,000 in line. (all guesstimate)

I reckon, and I'm hoping I'll get it in the second half of 24.

Suits me fine, Telsa slap if I complain about delay. lol
So the big thing I am curious about is youā€™re not in US. Apparently theyā€™re not shopping this truck internationally? Idk how this works but there isnā€™t really a ā€œlineā€ either. Itā€™s by distance from Texas Iā€™ve heard others say, not order number. For my own selfish gain, I wonder if youā€™re actually gonna get a CT by 2026 because theyā€™re potentially not legal for Australia? That was more specifically the question.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Delude there is a really sick documentary about the new EV Hummer and shows the team that did that. Iā€™d imagine GM would have larger teams but really it appeared to be 15-20 people that did it.

I would bet there is more people in the mix NOW on the Cybertruck, but up until this past Christmas(maybe sooner) when a production model started getting spottedā€¦ it was probably 20 people or so.
I suspect itā€™s a lot more than 20. There are people working on tooling and designing the assembly line, acquiring production equipment, securing contracts for materials, etc etc.

But very few of the people involved will know about final pricing either. That sort of information doesnā€™t need to be in the hands of the guy designing the rear wheel steering.

Most companies with big projects operate on a need to know basis and not many people need that bit of information. It is entirely likely they havenā€™t finalized the prices yet.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Iā€™d bet my spot in line the quad has high 300ā€™s for mileage. We are being rumored of lower range mode Y, not longer. Other Plaid models have lower ranges too. If itā€™s 89k - itā€™s gonna be like 370-390 miles Iā€™d bet.
I think I would take that bet. The difference in the Plaid to Long Range is not that much. It has more to do with the wheel selection than anything else.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
So the big thing I am curious about is youā€™re not in US. Apparently theyā€™re not shopping this truck internationally? Idk how this works but there isnā€™t really a ā€œlineā€ either. Itā€™s by distance from Texas Iā€™ve heard others say, not order number. For my own selfish gain, I wonder if youā€™re actually gonna get a CT by 2026 because theyā€™re potentially not legal for Australia? That was more specifically the question.
It is almost certainly not going to be based on distance from Texas. Geography is a small part, but not the primary thing. They will batch deliveries. They will likely load up a train headed for the east coast and a batch of deliveries will happen on the east coast. Then they will load up one for the west coast or the reverse.

Shipping overseas will likely come later though.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTORĀ®
Country flag

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
No... I can't justify essentially $100K on a vehicle. That's a cheap apartment.

Tri is enough for me, maybe even a dual. If TSLA triples by then... maybe...

gillfoto

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Model Y LR hers, '23 Model Y LR his.
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It is almost certainly not going to be based on distance from Texas. Geography is a small part, but not the primary thing. They will batch deliveries. They will likely load up a train headed for the east coast and a batch of deliveries will happen on the east coast. Then they will load up one for the west coast or the reverse.

Shipping overseas will likely come later though.
I was planning to pick mine up at the factory after the five star tour? :cool:

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Please forgive me for being pedantic. I sometimes get a little OCD about terminology and have to say something.

Just want to point out that the term "MSRP" (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price) does not apply to Tesla vehicles. Tesla doesn't "suggest" a price. They set the price.

Thank you for letting me let that out.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Tesla should honor reveal pricing for those buyers who reserved a Cybertruck within the first 24 hours:)
Can we expand that to the people who reserved in 2019? (My reservation was on 12DEC2019)

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
sheesh if its 89 i am all in. i was initially planning and saving if it cost the same as a plaid s or x so if i was in for 120-130, i sure am going to be in for 89 and will even add FSD to it too. even though i think the autopilot feature is more than enough for what i need it for. but ill do it just to get first dibs.
at $89k plus FSD (12K) and tax (7.75% in Ca) that is going to put it well over $100K...lots different than the original $69k.......now they are not even putting in charge cable......

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
at $89k plus FSD (12K) and tax (7.75% in Ca) that is going to put it well over $100K...lots different than the original $69k.......now they are not even putting in charge cable......
There was no original quad motor config and there is a solid chance the tri motor is still coming.

In that context, $89k would make sense for the quad.

Weā€™re way out in the weeds here. Itā€™s like trying to put a puzzle together when you donā€™t have all the pieces or a picture of what it will look like.

ScoobyDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck/ F150
Country flag
It would all depend on the range for me, 500mi is truly bare minimum for its original price. A tweet from Elon a while back does give me hope for more range.
Elon:
" We couldā€™ve made a 600 mile Model S 12 months ago, but that wouldā€™ve made the product worse in my opinion, as 99.9% of time youā€™d be carrying unneeded battery mass, which makes acceleration, handling and efficiency worse. Even our 400+ mile range car is more than almost anyone will use."

I can see in the super sporty model S world agility and aggressive cornering being something people are used to and is a must have.

Coming from a guy that's driven a pick up most his life, range far far out weighs cornering or handling for me.
Now I don't mind if it can, I think that's fun but not at the expense of range.

Love the quad motor option too, always figured they'd make it one, just makes too much sense.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Tesla should honor reveal pricing for those buyers who reserved a Cybertruck within the first 24 hours:)
Noooo. Has to be those who ordered within the first week!
thatā€™s ok. šŸ˜†
Sponsored