If Tesla let you pay to move 1 year closer to delivery. How much would you pay?

What is the maximum you would pay to move your delivery date 1 year forward

• Total voters

Michael Kenner

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model Y, 1993 Toyota PU
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Selling bump ups in the CT line makes everyone look bad. I'm not going to steal someone else's place. WTF. Build it the best you can and get it out there. I've waited YEARS for this truck and I can wait another month or two. Give me a break.
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
He messaged me he's in the timeout box, alas.

-Crissa
Cell buddies huh? šŸ¤£

I haven't figured out why yet, but I do wonder sometimes what the trigger point and threshold is, because it's not clear.

But can we talk about all the adds on here? (All the ones I normally don't see)
They work for all types of posters who create any type of content here, so blocking content creators seems counterintuitive.

As for Elon vs product. You'd be surprised to find out what products promote horrible in-humane behaviour, far beyond a political grudge. Just think of that next time you put your sneakers on, to get some perspective on what is wrong with the world, and what is being done about it, and who really is doing something about it because they care.šŸ˜Š

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Selling bump ups in the CT line makes everyone look bad. I'm not going to steal someone else's place. WTF. Build it the best you can and get it out there. I've waited YEARS for this truck and I can wait another month or two. Give me a break.
Iā€™m not advocating this, just a thought experiment!

I agree 100%.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
In a nutshell why this is hypothetical. For example me moving up 1 year puts me in a truck tomorrow!

In a way this reminds me of that twilight zone episode where the guy gets a box with a button. He can press the button and get a million dollars. But someone he doesnā€™t know will die.

Inevitably leads to the question of whether people would push a button to kill A random stranger to get their Cybertruck tomorrow.
Tesla Cybertruck If Tesla let you pay to move 1 year closer to delivery. How much would you pay? 1682101764249

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Wait... "someone he doesn't know..." Are people I've never met but I communicate with on a forum considered people I know, or don't know? Asking for a friend.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
apparently nobody saw the episode.

The random person who dies is the previous button presser!

NoBeard

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 X75D, 2012 iMiev, Dual Motor CT Reservation
Country flag
I am personally a bit surprised that so few people would be willing to pay to shuffle their spot up.
That's because everyone who has voted nil is lying, probably hoping to hell people at Tesla don't think it's a great idea. Seriously, $20 a week to upgrade for a year, not a single person who has ordered and is really going to take delivery would turn that down.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
That's because everyone who has voted nil is lying, probably hoping to hell people at Tesla don't think it's a great idea. Seriously, $20 a week to upgrade for a year, not a single person who has ordered and is really going to take delivery would turn that down.
I couldn't afford to pay. So I'm not lying.

Also, I'm in the first 60K, so...

-Crissa

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Assuming for a moment that there was a legitimate option direct from Tesla to upgrade your timing by exactly 1 year (or for those who are less than a year to move to the first couple months).

How much would you be willing to pay and could afford to pay? Keep current interest rates in mind.

Iā€™m sure position in the queue makes a pretty big difference here.

PS ALMOST ZERO CHANCE THIS HAPPENS. This is 100% hypothetical.
I was going to critique the poll for too many choices but ..... who cares.

I think I have my timeframe fairly nailed down with a plan to get there. Basically return my lease and pick up my truck. +- 3 months or so. So paying extra won't help me at this point.

I am surprised about the reduced enthusiasm. Not great for TSLA. As many have said it depends on the price.

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
Iā€™m fine with my wait. Iā€™d rather wait for a few more features. Perhaps battery bump. Or 6 motors.
I would never pay some other ape more money than the vehicle is worth either.
Plus while some fanboys cannot wait for the attention CT will bring them, I actually detest it.
Sponsored