IFF 4ws was a stand alone upgrade what is the MAXIMUM you would pay?

IFF 4ws was a stand alone option what is the MAXIMUM you would pay?

• Total voters

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
"expected"? I am assuming that is 'your' expectation, but not mine. There have already been polls on this forum about whether people expect a price increase, or at least discussions, and there are already battle lines drawn. So what you are saying is that no one will pay $20K over the originally-advertised price, period (because we would never know what the $20K was for)? I am not sure that is a valid statement but it really goes back to the question of whether reservation holders will buy the CT if the price is increased and not about options that will never exist.
I know my spouse won't let us absorb 20k in options. Nope, she'll make us go elsewhere.

And that was before Elon'd pissed her off, now he'd better bring the best option and price. Just like he showed at launch day.

-Crissa
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tinker71

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I know my spouse won't let us absorb 20k in options. Nope, she'll make us go elsewhere.

And that was before Elon'd pissed her off, now he'd better bring the best option and price. Just like he showed at launch day.

-Crissa
People sure latched on to $20k. The supposed price increase was $10k.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
And I disagree. They put in 4WS because the CT sucked at turning and they want to have a truck that is functionally disruptive. When 'we' make choices we pay, when 'they' make choices we shouldn't have to pay. In the legacy auto market if you sneeze you pay, and if the auto maker sneezes you pay. That has not been my experience with Tesla. I can see them raising prices if inflation dictates, or for quad drive because that is a new trim, but not for 4WS. If you go down that road then they will charge for the behind-the-steering-wheel display, the side mirrors, and anything else that wasn't on the original prototype. Our reservation price was for whatever Tesla delivers as the standard features for a particular trim. They set the price and we agreed to that price. For that reason, and because they have told us that they have locked the design, and because Tesla doesn't 'do' options, I see no point in asking about standard features as options.
Not sure what you are trying to convince me of.

I said 4WS would be standard before you did.

You also said they could increase prices because of inflation, repeating what I said.

I also think 4WS is necessary for safety so it can't really be an option. The extra cost is negligible in mass production.

So what exactly do you want to disagree about?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Not sure what you are trying to convince me of.

I said 4WS would be standard before you did.

You also said they could increase prices because of inflation, repeating what I said.

I also think 4WS is necessary for safety so it can't really be an option. The extra cost is negligible in mass production.

So what exactly do you want to disagree about?
I am not trying to convince anyone of anything, but it also appears that my disagreement was directed at the wrong comment. I thought I was responding to the one that had 'can we just agree that...' and now I don't even see it. I have no disagreement with what you said. Sorry.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I am not trying to convince anyone of anything, but it also appears that my disagreement was directed at the wrong comment. I thought I was responding to the one that had 'can we just agree that...' and now I don't even see it. I have no disagreement with what you said. Sorry.
No worries. Happens sometimes. :)

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
"
"

$5 per month. 😬

OP
OP
Tinker71

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
"
"

$5 per month. 😬
It wasn't a choice but $480 over 8 years. It couldn't hurt to ask.
Sponsored