Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S; Dual motor CT w/FSD reservation
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I finished watching the interview and I was a bit disappointed in the view that we should just leave the CyberLandr in the bed. .....
If you check out their website, they indicate they do plan to make a dolly that would allow removal and storage of the camper. They also suggest using 2 people to remove it, but say 1 could do it. At 1200+ pounds I think it could be somewhat of a hassle to remove from / install into the CT vault.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Hopefully they'll listen to you and come up with something elegant to solve the problem :)
We’ll see. You didn’t seem to mind their answer but I am glad you asked the question. Thank you.

Ramojarocho

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 09 C300 4matic, 98 Chevy 1500
Occupation
Automotive Industry Muth Mirror Systems
Country flag
i'd need to see a factory, too.

Not that we don't have these down here in Silicon Valley. Tepui started up down the street from where I first lived in Soquel. So... It just takes a bit of elbow grease, so to speak.

-Crissa
Hopefully we get a company here in the US to make something similar but less expensive. it is a cool concept tho!

Tenksen

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
The concept is cool but as others have said, WAY too many unknowns about the CT. Final dimensions have not even been released.

The other problem? they have priced it out of being useful. Theres a reason the CT has a lower price point than people expected-though cool its still a truck, designed for work and priced (still bit expensive for truck area) accordingly.

You can buy another Cybertruck for the price they are asking or better yet a vehicle actually designed for habitation instead of 50k for an accessory.

It may be that construction (doubtful) placed cost high but even if thats the case it stops it being a viable consumer product.

Erleichda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, X, 3 and Sprinter Van
Country flag
Take the wheels off of this, shape to slide in the bed of the CT with the tailgate down.

Tesla Cybertruck Interview with Cyberlandr Camper's creators! 1628038487126

Then push a button.

Tesla Cybertruck Interview with Cyberlandr Camper's creators! 1628038553534

Move the slide out kitchen/fridge to the rear and not the side.
Bed flips over the cab of the CT.

Tesla Cybertruck Interview with Cyberlandr Camper's creators! 1628038603614

Most aero, lightest = better range. Bigger than camping setup Tesla showed, works for 3 seasons when most use campers. Cooking outside so much better in our opinion (Sprinter owners for >10 years) Win win.

But OPUS hasn't yet seem interested. It's not proprietary tech, just air baffles.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Late to this, but skimming the video I can't help but notice the irony of a couple guys talking about a camper with software defined features when the camper exists only as a render.

Musk has repeatedly said that building a prototype is easy, getting a product into production is hard. These guys haven't even built an actual prototype. There are some neat things here, but this whole thing smells like a failed kickstarter project from go.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Which city in which state is more appropriate for the company?
There are several RV manufacturers (as well as related businesses, ie repair, refurbish, etc) in northern Indiana. A lot are in Elkhart County.
https://www.visitelkhartcounty.com/rv/manufacturers/

That would give you a work force used to doing RV kind of work and banks and related businesses used to doing those kind of things in the community.

I am not saying this is the only place, just thought because of the reasons stated above, it might not be a bad place to start.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
They plan to put down near Austin, so that they're not far from the supply of Cybertrucks.

There's many places around the country with lots of RV building. There's a bunch near Eugene, Oregon; Marathon is there, for instance.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
There's many places around the country with lots of RV building. There's a bunch near Eugene, Oregon; Marathon is there, for instance.
Good supply of lumber, saves on shipping costs I'm sure.

Particularly if you don't mind your lumber being slightly charred lately.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Particularly if you don't mind your lumber being slightly charred lately.
After a couple days of bronze sun, my hill got another eddy of drift smoke and it just stuck to the house, even though the sky was so blue. The sun was still slightly more yellow than normal but I could smell it. Every time I left the proximity of the air-purifier my head would pound and I would scamper back to bed. x-x

The air should be better the rest of the week, lucky for us.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
After a couple days of bronze sun, my hill got another eddy of drift smoke and it just stuck to the house, even though the sky was so blue. The sun was still slightly more yellow than normal but I could smell it. Every time I left the proximity of the air-purifier my head would pound and I would scamper back to bed. x-x

The air should be better the rest of the week, lucky for us.
You're in CA right? Did you say Bay Area?

It almost sounds like you made the reverse migration to what we did. CA Central Valley to OR Eugene/ Willamette Valley.
Sponsored