cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
It is the very sharp edge of the tailgate. Right where your crotch is when you are loading blocks into the truck.
Or right where your kid’s heads are when chasing each other around the driveway

PS: called it ;)

Curiously, the new prototype’s change would seem to make for an oddly shaped tailgate, with double the number of corners when down:

Tesla Cybertruck INVESTOR DAY CYBERTRUCK BETA PRESENT! [w/ Walkaround Videos] 74cf99df-a62b-4441-b3a0-53857b0df12b-jpe
Sponsored

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
For the homies that are stressing about the tailgate. The one in the original demo BARELY went past flat. Pretty much all the angle is from the extended ramp/the suspension. Still on the table

Tesla Cybertruck INVESTOR DAY CYBERTRUCK BETA PRESENT! [w/ Walkaround Videos] Screenshot_20230302_003401_YouTube

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You are right, Elon said there would be some kind of pass through from the cab to the bed, and he pretty much said there would be a tailgate stop for long items, and no one from Tesla has said anything about the middle front seat. All of these things are pure speculation.
No he didn’t say passthru or tailgate stop would be added.

He made some vague comments along the lines of “thats an interesting idea”.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
What kind of yoga do you do?

Toe mirrors to navel gaze. I don't even know how I would get in a position to do that.
Dude, you could try it with yoga, but just some reading glasses would do too. :geek:

As for the yoga position required for your version of what I wrote, I think sitting on the floor with your legs stretched out in front of you should suffice to navel gaze using your toe mirrors. 😄

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
OUCH. I guess be careful when loading your Cybertruck. This looks like a nasty injury waiting to happen.

1677739162494.png
What part is that from?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
No, it isn't/doesn't.
That's was only in relation to the 48V electrical. In the last part of the "unboxed" assembly segment, he even said like the CT, but definitely not like the MY. CT is the same assembly as next generation, even the drivetrain will be I'm sure as I've posted many times before since last year, just not all of it is designed and manufactured in house like will be in a 100% next generation.

The new drivetrain is CF wrapped hairpin windings, and somehow they have gotten rid of most of the rare earth in it too, and all for $1000. That's why CT will be QM only when it starts.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
People can’t seem to get it out of their heads that Cybertruck is not just about replacing consumer trucks. It’s about replacing all pickup trucks. Absolutely massive number out there in fleets. Fleet buyers tend to be much more price conscious for obvious reasons.

There will be a low end/ SR Cybertruck. Whether it’s RWD only or AWD remains to be seen, but people who write it off aren’t paying attention to the narrative. Tesla is planning on selling massive numbers of Cybertrucks. The only way you sell vehicles in the millions is by pricing them aggressively. Fancy quad motor trucks are not going to be the bulk of these vehicles.

What prices/ configurations does Tesla need in order to sell millions of trucks a year? That’s the end goal. Not this year, but within 5 years.

1677740257529.png
What I'm not sure of is the 300m / between the van and the cybertruck or is it 300m each

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
People can’t seem to get it out of their heads that Cybertruck is not just about replacing consumer trucks. It’s about replacing all pickup trucks. Absolutely massive number out there in fleets. Fleet buyers tend to be much more price conscious for obvious reasons.

There will be a low end/ SR Cybertruck. Whether it’s RWD only or AWD remains to be seen, but people who write it off aren’t paying attention to the narrative. Tesla is planning on selling massive numbers of Cybertrucks. The only way you sell vehicles in the millions is by pricing them aggressively. Fancy quad motor trucks are not going to be the bulk of these vehicles.

What prices/ configurations does Tesla need in order to sell millions of trucks a year? That’s the end goal. Not this year, but within 5 years.

1677740257529.png
This graphic was estimating the total number of each of these types of vehicles in the world, including other competitors EVs, not how many Tesla expects to produce themselves. Global electric fleet for all manufacturers if all ice vehicles are replaced with ev equivalent vehicles.

The graphic demonstrates how transitioning to full EV vehicle market will reduce the total numbers of vehicles needed in the world. It's based on a huge caveat that no one will own or drive their own vehicles, but the global vehicle market will be 100% robo fleet.

The caveat is a huge assumption that benefits Tesla both in demonstrating this current point they tried to make, and also their future product goals. It's marketing exaggeration to help make their point sound better.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
What I'm not sure of is the 300m / between the van and the cybertruck or is it 300m each
See above point.

They used their own models as standins for a generic description of each vehicle class currently on the road. So the numbers mentioned are for total numbers of all vehicles in each class, regardless of manufacturer.

The graphic was in the middle of their discussion about how transitioning the world to full EV from ice would reduce the global energy consumption. This graphic was their way of saying that by making all vehicles part of a robo fleet where no one owns a vehicle that sits unused in their own driveway, or in a parking lot for part of the day, the total number of vehicles needed in the world would drop drastically from the current count, which they mentioned was somewhere in the billions of vehicles on the road, to these numbers listed on this graphic. Context of the graphic places it outside of their company targets and simply as a stand in for the global market which includes all manufacturers.

They would be delusional if they thought that they will be the only vehicle manufacturer in this hypothetical future they discussed. If they believe that, then what they envision is some dystopian demolition man future where they won the franchise wars and became the Taco Bell of the future. I don't think they think this. Dan Cortese wasn't on stage playing the lounge piano! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Rallo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Cadillac XT5
Country flag
This picture has me holding out a little hope for sail pillar storage. The gap between the side panel and the top of the sidewall makes me wonder if it’s a deliberate seam similar to the ones on the side of the frunk.

1677727209998.jpeg
It looks like this will fill up with water like a cup on wet days. Wasn’t the panel flat on the original?

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
I am guessing that someone made it up or Tesla would have provided the information themselves. Elon said the shrinkage would be no more than 3% and most likely less, and later said that they were sticking with the original (Alpha prototype) width. Tesla published a bed length of 6.5 feet so I would not believe a bed size change unless Tesla published it. So if these 'deets' (where does that term really come from, the hood?) are questionable the whole post is. Sorry if I am not a believer but I am not.
He said both 5% and 3% there's been some back and forth. It's likely they've settled on a 5% reduction, we haven't yet seen a beta with wide vehicle marker lights so that points to them having gone back to the 5% reduction which brings it down to 79.8" wide as was initially planned instead of ~82" wide (3% reduction).

Carmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Tri Motor
Country flag
Everything I see in this video reinforces my opinion that Tesla has engineered this for low cost, high utility.

I think Tesla is going to come out with super-aggressive pricing and will basically stick with the originally-announced pricing and put a massive hurt on the competition. Dual motor, 330 miles, $49k, quad motor 500 mile $90k.

I think we'll see price pretty much sticking to the original quote.
I took a look Iat the price history for Model Y.
And I so that current price is pretty much what it started with in 2019!

There's no reason the Cybertruck shouldn't adhere to the same price graph basically:

Rallo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Cadillac XT5
Country flag
Front doors looks extra thick compared to rear. Maybe if they were slimmer like rear, the middle jumpseat can be an option?

Tesla Cybertruck INVESTOR DAY CYBERTRUCK BETA PRESENT! [w/ Walkaround Videos] 4F97005D-2F86-4171-9F03-84D41B8D7FC3
Sponsored