Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Wrangler
Occupation
Software Dev
Country flag
I'm confident that "foundation series" will continue to live on as a "better value" for anyone planning on purchasing FSD, and that non-foundation series models will have a higher base price after this order period.

The trucks will definitely not be immediately $20k cheaper after this order period.

My estimate is that the non FS AWD cybertruck will cost $85k, and that FSD will increase in price from $12k to $15k.

So if you don't want FSD you'll save some cash. And if you bought FS, you won't. feel ripped off.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Down in South Florida with 11288 and just ordered the beast.. This should put to rest that FS is closed.
Thanks for the heads up, but yeaaaaa think there are plenty of FS still to go.

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I'm confident that "foundation series" will continue to live on as a "better value" for anyone planning on purchasing FSD, and that non-foundation series models will have a higher base price after this order period.

The trucks will definitely not be immediately $20k cheaper after this order period.

My estimate is that the non FS AWD cybertruck will cost $85k, and that FSD will increase in price from $12k to $15k.

So if you don't want FSD you'll save some cash. And if you bought FS, you won't. feel ripped off.
Or it will increase the RWD CT to 79995, then bump AWD to 89995. Who knows

cyberme207

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Wrangler
Occupation
Software Dev
Country flag
It's tesla. They give zero craps if you feel ripped off later on. Ask the people who bought plaids 18 months ago.
The CT won't face anything like the plaids supply and demand situation.... Starting with high demand and ultra low covid era supply, moving to low demand high supply.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
The CT won't face anything like the plaids supply and demand situation.... Starting with high demand and ultra low covid era supply, moving to low demand high supply.
And yet, it doesn't change the fact that they do not care at all if the customer feels ripped off

CybertruckRN1127

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Model X
Country flag
FS will keep going until their are no more people accepting the offer. Then there will be a break until all FS orders are fullfilled before they open non FS. By then a Non-FS with FSD will cost the same. $100k for AWD and $120k for Beast. They are just going to push and pull levers based on demand and supply.

Elon already tweeted our economy is based on supply and demand. He knows what he is doing to maximize revenue.

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
It's tesla. They give zero craps if you feel ripped off later on. Ask the people who bought plaids 18 months ago.
I would argue, that's capitalism... In business, there are no feelings and emotions, only that of the employees, the business is only meant to profit.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
I would argue, that's capitalism... In business, there are no feelings and emotions, only that of the employees, the business is only meant to profit.
I'm not saying they should care. I was just responding to someone who said that was part of the equation for why pricing would go up when FS ends

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
I'm not saying they should care. I was just responding to someone who said that was part of the equation for why pricing would go up when FS ends
Oh i wasn't really arguing with you about it. Sorry if it came off that way. I was jus saying bc I have seen so many people get mad about a company, when (rightfully so) they have vested interests in profit over compassion.