Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
thats where the red line should be
no clue why you think it relevenr where that portion of the red line is, as relates to visibility over the hood

Or laterally out the sides, for that matter

the dash area nearest to the driver is irrelevant, because drivers look over the face of the dash - or else they have other/bigger problems

my F150 dash could be 6” higher than it already is and it wouldn’t begin to impact my view out the front of the vehicle, or the side

Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! 27792459-2479-455A-93B9-699693068673

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
the dash area nearest to the driver is irrelevant, because drivers look over the face of the dash - or else they have other/bigger problems
That's the line of sight where the CT a glass pillars would be. so then the driver wouldn't have to " look over"

The dash nearest the driver is literally the entire visual impediment.

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
wait a second are you saying your line of sight is basically in line above the rear view?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
wait a second are you saying your line of sight is basically in line above the rear view?
no dude - I said that’s true of a tall driver who sits with the seat high (like I do), and in that case, yes

go back a few dozen pages in this thread and see the post

That's the line of sight where the CT a glass pillars would be. so then the driver wouldn't have to " look over"

The dash nearest the driver is literally the entire visual impediment.
still can’t decipher what you’re on about

but I’ll ask on

but I’ll ask again: are you trying to make some point about the A1 and A2 pillars (hey @CyberGus!) blocking view to the sides?

or instead are you trying to make some point about view forward over the hood?

or have you just been drinking and we’re just chattin’

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
You posited some scribbles of the CT pillars on an f150 view. (these were wrong) The dash of the f150 is higher sitting than then CT dash in relation to the driver seat head rest/steering wheel.

Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! 1685601470527

This is where the window A pillar would be on the CT

Setok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Defender
Country flag
no clue why you think it relevenr where that portion of the red line is, as relates to visibility over the hood

Or laterally out the sides, for that matter

my F150 dash could be 6” higher than it already is and it wouldn’t begin to impact my view out the front of the vehicle, or the side

27792459-2479-455A-93B9-699693068673.jpeg
The height of the dash on the CT does make a difference though. If it’s lower than the high point of the F150 bonnet then the CT can have better forward visibility (or indeed if that high point was closer to the driver). That’s not quite clear from the pictures and may be difficult to figure out. Even small differences can increase forward visibility quite substantially.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
The height of the dash on the CT does make a difference though. If it’s lower than the high point of the F150 bonnet then the CT can have better forward visibility (or indeed if that high point was closer to the driver). That’s not quite clear from the pictures and may be difficult to figure out. Even small differences can increase forward visibility quite substantially.
Good point. I've tried overlaying the two and it doesn't seem like there's much of a difference, but it has to be taken with a huge grain of salt due to the shots not being taken from the same angle, lens distortion and all that jazz.

Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! overlay ctraptor

Setok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Defender
Country flag
Good point. I've tried overlaying the two and it doesn't seem like there's much of a difference, but it has to be taken with a huge grain of salt due to the shots not being taken from the same angle, lens distortion and all that jazz.

overlay ctraptor.jpg
This is a nice overlay. From this it's too close to call, assuming things are lined up correctly and the sizing is right.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
sure, maybe this is why I’m confused:

people seem to be responding to me as though I’ve said “the CT visibility will be identical to the F150”

when instead all I’ve said is “it’s crazy people say CT visibility will be WILDLY better than any other truck on the market”

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
If it’s lower than the high point of the F150 bonnet then the CT can have better forward visibility (or indeed if that high point was closer to the driver).
to this point, though: I’ve pointed out that whether the CT dash is “lower” than the F150 “hood” cant really be answered by looking back and forth at pictures of the two trucks except in the roughest terms to say “eh they’re not far off”

But that because when it comes to visibility, “lower” isnt relative to the next truck over, but instead relative to the driver’s seating position

We don’t know the lowest seat settings relative to the dash, nor the highest, nor whether either position is - visibility aside - a comfortable seating position for a given driver (and so will be used).

Kremmen

First Name
Kremmen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR. Some project cars, some bikes
Occupation
Boring
Country flag
I’m dumbfounded by the expressions of shock and surprise. There’s nothing here fundamentally different from the reveal, or from Teslas in general.
Dumbfounded is exactly the word. I thought I had a handle on this sort of thing, I get it myself at work; constant customer incomprehension of basic features of the product. But this extends all the way up to vehicles...one of the biggest purchases people make, and they join social media groups and forums...and STILL have no idea what they're buying?

That's a typical Tesla interior. God this stuff makes that vein on my temple throb.

Oh and the dash. It is long. It was always long. That is dictated by the windscreen geometry. If you don't have a conventional windscreen and hood, and instead have a long windscreen reaching almost to the nose, then you either have a long dash or you go with 1/2 scale driver and passenger seats situated way forward under the glass. Suitable for Munchkins and nobody else, but that is the only way to get a short dash.

I'm eagerly looking forward to hearing some of the same people who were complaining about the imaginary "Beta pug nose" design change whining about the long dash.

Last edited:

Kremmen

First Name
Kremmen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR. Some project cars, some bikes
Occupation
Boring
Country flag
Let's address this misunderstanding.

The CT's "hood" is behind the windshield, in the form of a dashboard.

The portion of the CT's hod that is in front of the windshield, is ~ equvalent in the F150 to the portion of the hood that cannot be seen, either, from inside the F150 (except for unusual cases).
You get this is too abstruse for like 70% of folks, right? Words won't cut it. Diagrams won't cut it. Personal experience of driving the things won't cut it.

Well. It might, but it'll take several years, haha.

Or maybe we can try talking in terms of "indoors hood" and "outdoors hood". That might work. ;p
Sponsored