Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
There is a window in the a-pillar. You can see through your red and solid yellow lines.
I'm not sure how much visability you are going to get from them unless your looking at the one at the other side .

I also noticed that the left piller may be wider then the right piller ( could be the angle) but I wonder if they made it thicker to hide the wiper blade.

I have never seen a wiper blade disappear behind a piller before so the visability looks to be intentionally made worse just to hide the wiper.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
for all of you unhappy with the pictures i will remind you that photographs flatten curves and angles and distort distances a LOT .. you should never make ANY decisions from one or two photos with a given angle and few if any reference points...

Greshnab

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
for all of you unhappy with the pictures i will remind you that photographs flatten curves and angles and distort distances a LOT .. you should never make ANY decisions from one or two photos with a given angle and few if any reference points...

actually WAIT i take that back considering my reservation number <huge> you should all make your decisions based on a single photo from horrible angles.. go out .. find one you dislike and use that.. i don't wanna have to wait 3 years for a tri engine!

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I also noticed that the left piller may be wider then the right piller ( could be the angle) but I wonder if they made it thicker to hide the wiper blade.

I have never seen a wiper blade disappear behind a piller before so the visability looks to be intentionally made worse just to hide the wiper.
sounds like you’re talking not about the trim ProPower, but the blackout tint embedded in the windshield glass?

Which does seem possible that they’ve added to allow the BAW to rest behind without appearing “in the face” of the driver

photo of a pre-pro with BAW removed to show the blackout running up the pillar

Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! BA447A23-4E22-45D9-B116-D31DC3629353

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I'm not sure how much visability you are going to get from them unless your looking at the one at the other side .

You don't see a wiper disappear behind a pillar because most vehicles don't have edge-to-edge glass. The CT glass covers the A pillar, making one smooth surface. Other cars the glass ends at the pillar. The height of the glass and continuous surface make this one-wiper solution possible, and it will actually work better than traditional setups.

MEWoodsMFG

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Chrysler Town & Country
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
ive spent a completely stupid amount of time in the drivers seat of trucks. The person is this photo is narrower than the average adult male and yet the seat is not swallowing him like an F150s would, nor does the the center console have the same width as the same F150 does.

pov fish eye whatever camera tricks someone is going to blame aside, this is absolutely not the same width inside as a ford, ram or gmc fullsize truck.
How do we know this person is "narrower than the average adult male", do you know this person?
Also, somehow, this person's hands are larger than their feet...good thing there's no lens distortion....That's sarcasm. ;)

Crimson_Fate

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
You don't see a wiper disappear behind a pillar because most vehicles don't have edge-to-edge glass. The CT glass covers the A pillar, making one smooth surface. Other cars the glass ends at the pillar. The height of the glass and continuous surface make this one-wiper solution possible, and it will actually work better than traditional setups.

That wiper blade doesn't appear like its near the outer edge. Hopefully it looks different while sitting in it.

Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! 1685041905706
Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! 1685041973244

VR Driving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
based on what experience? And I don’t think you are seeing the thought through

Look back at the top OP photo, look for that triangle window you’re referencing, and see the aperture from the driver’s perspective

besides, the question isn’t how much can you see through the triangle window, it’s how little an you see due to the A and B pillars

I’m not taking a position on the answer, but I sure understand the basis of the question

here’s a way of thinking about it: the CT B-pillar is located where the F150 B pillar is located, and they’re both every bit as thick as one-another - let’s call it even wet the B-pillar then, for argument’s sake

the CT’a a-pillar doesn’t have an analogue in rhe F-150. Whatever that A-pillar restricts a view of is not a restriction in the F-150

so here’s a shot from my F-150 that does only rough justice to the difference - please no one try and act like I’m saying this is anything more than illustrate of the rough question
We have been driving this truck in VR Space for 3 years now. we have experience this truck in close to any environment imagine possible and in the POV with freedom of movement in the 3D space. In 3D space like the real world, your peripheral vision will allow you to see thru the pillars. Just like how the F1 Halo doesn't really obstruct view, the car also basically don't have any front overhang in the driver's perspective. Those triangle windows actually allow you to see the curb very visibly and allow you position the truck exactly where you want it.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I am 5"11 and 185lbs. This is me this morning in my 2023 F-150. To me does not look much different as far how a medium sized, medium framed male fits in the seat. I think he may have more leg room actually. Dash perspective and size is so hard to get a grasp of from a pic. Got to see it and sit in it to really gauge what it is.
Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! seat-
notice also all that F150 hood that is obscuring your view! can barely see your trashcans at the end of the drive /s

MEWoodsMFG

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Chrysler Town & Country
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Found the link

IMG_1331.jpeg

It was 18 minutes old when I found the post yesterday. That is of course in search terms. Look a yoke. I’m sure it is older, look, a yoke And an extra front seat bottom resting place.
This photo has been around forever, it is the original prototype.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
I am 5"11 and 185lbs. This is me this morning in my 2023 F-150. To me does not look much different as far how a medium sized, medium framed male fits in the seat. I think he may have more leg room actually. Dash perspective and size is so hard to get a grasp of from a pic. Got to see it and sit in it to really gauge what it is.
seat.jpg

1685017065752.png
And here's me, 5'11...180 in a 2013 F150.

Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! PXL_20230525_195819262

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
It's physically impossible to see the front hood considering the hood and the windshield are on the same plane. Since you will always be below that plane, it's a given you won't be able to see the hood from anywher inside the truck.

That doesn't mean the visibility is bad, on the contrary, the forward visibility in the Cybertruck is better than any 1/2 ton pickup on American roads today.
That might be right for shorter people but for me, at 6' 3", I can say in my F-150 I see a LOT of hood and that the hood really limits my forward visibility. Whole kids can get lost in front of my truck. In the CT, no matter how close my head is to the roof, I'll never see the hood, right? That can't mean there is less visibility directly to the front. I suppose what I'm saying is that I'll be able to see low things easier in the CT than my F-150. Now, the A pillars create a different question...
Let's address this misunderstanding.

The CT's "hood" is behind the windshield, in the form of a dashboard.

The portion of the CT's hod that is in front of the windshield, is ~ equvalent in the F150 to the portion of the hood that cannot be seen, either, from inside the F150 (except for unusual cases).

to orient on this, see this photo again:

Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! FF0DB14D-9195-42CA-8171-662664C6DA7F

Paying attention to the dotted yellow line in the photo above, compare/contrast to the OP shot from interior.

Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! IMG_1173

Call it a "hood" or a "dashboard" I don't care - functionally, it's the same thing: a horizontal plane parallel to ground that extends forward into the driver's vision

Now compare that above yellow dotted line to where in the photos below I've placed this black tube on my F150 hood - where the black tube meets the white paint is the ~location of the yellow dotted line on the F150 and the front of the dashboard on the CT. (I even cheated back towards the cab a bit just to try and head off the "but buts" that are coming.)

Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! CT Dash 1

Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! CT DAsh 2

Without moving that black bar, I then got in my truck.

Now I'm just over 6'2", but i drive with my seat raised to the max so that my hair touches the headliner.

In that maximum height position within the F150 cab, here's my view of the black bar (camera taken from eye level - reminder, that black bar represents the end of the DASHBOARD of the CT:

Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! CT Dash 3

Then i moved my seat to max lowered position, and took the photo from my chin level - here's that view:

Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! CT Dash 4

The point of all this being, the F150 hood curves downward right about where the CT's windshield meets its hood - which means that from the driver's seat, there is zero basis to say that the CT's dashboard is any less obstructive of view than the hood of a traditional pickup.

It may or may not be at some margin case, eg for some particular seating position or height of a particular occupant.

But the CT has every bit as much "hood" as an F150, even if >1/2 of it is behind the windshield and called a "dashboard."

Anyone saying things like "on the contrary, the forward visibility in the Cybertruck is better than any 1/2 ton pickup on American roads today" is making that statement based on both zero information, and contrary to the available evidence

Bill W.

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model-X
Country flag
Great pictures, and some good discussions.

The comments are always interesting. You can almost tell who does and doesn't currently have experience with Tesla vehicles. To me, this interior is very similar to the other "lower cost" Teslas (M3 & MY). The lack of an additional screen in front of the driver was a major disappointment for me when the M3 first came out.

It does appear that the phone storage (and hopefully wireless charging) will be inside the console under the tambour door. Since the cupholders are right behind the phones, we better have good, non-leaking coffee mugs.

Not a fan of removing the stalks, but this looks like an across-the-board decision on all of the Tesla vehicles. IMHO, the relocated turn signal switch buttons should have been on opposite sides of the steering wheel (right turn signal on the right side and left turn signal on the left side. Putting them both on the same side adds to the learning curve.

The view out of the windshield with the looong dash will take some getting used to. I have driven other vehicles with this type of setup and there were challenges.

All of this points out how important it will be to test drive this vehicle and not let its uniqueness blind us during the decision process. If the test drive doesn't justify a purchase, then I might look at trading in for a MY or a used MX.

Gogster2k

First Name
Gogian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Charger, Honda Odyssey, Tesla M3, MY.
Occupation
Retired. Tier II Desktop Support Tech, Southern California Edison
Country flag
If that screen dies, does the CT brick? How often do T owners on this site have to reboot their screens?
We have a M3 for over 2 years now. Zero issues with the center console ever crashing. We also just picked up a MY and have had it for over a month and no issues there so far.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
We have a M3 for over 2 years now. Zero issues with the center console ever crashing. We also just picked up a MY and have had it for over a month and no issues there so far.
Ours (2018 and 2019) have crashed. I have even rebooted the car while driving. Controls still work, you just lose all information while waiting for the display to restart. Make sure you aren't being followed by police in a low speed zone.....

PSA: We had to replace the screen on the 2018 last year after it started leaking fluid at the bottom. Of course, it had just gone out of warranty. $1200 cost (ouch). I noted this occurred after a long string of triple digit temps where it sat out in a parking lot all day. Of course, it was an early build (vin 32xxx), so I hope they have worked it out as I nervously approach warranty end on the 2019 and constantly check for leaks.....
Sponsored