Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Single motor for me becuase after tax;s and features {like solar, water purifier?, and whatever else they home up with} itl be probably at 50k. thats ALOT of money considering my prius and old pickup its replacing are payed off.

I should note, I will be towing a large trailer full of motorcycles. but less than 30 miles each way. I figure I will be doin no more than 80 miles in a single trip.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
If you don't need to tow and you don't need the range and you want to conserve your brass and you are mature enough that you don't need to pull 0.94 g out of every light and stop sign then the single motor is the model for you. If Tesla didn't think there were millions of people in the US that met these criteria they wouldn't offer the single motor.

Iacemoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ram 1500 <> 1970 Chevy C10 Stepside Custom
Occupation
Drug Dealer
Country flag
I really think if they offered single motor 500mi range for under $50k they could catch a wider market share. Even 400mi+ single motor would raise more interest. More range and motor options should be available.

Something like:

Single Motor
250mi+ = 39k
325mi+ = 44k
400mi+ = 49k
500mi+ = 55k

Dual Motor
300mi+ = 49k
375mi+ = 54k
450mi+ = 59k
500mi+ = 63k

Tri Motor
350mi = 59k
425mi = 65k
500mi = 69k

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I really think if they offered single motor 500mi range for under $50k they could catch a wider market share. Even 400mi+ single motor would raise more interest. More range and motor options should be available.

Something like:

Single Motor
250mi+ = 39k
325mi+ = 44k
400mi+ = 49k
500mi+ = 55k

Dual Motor
300mi+ = 49k
375mi+ = 54k
450mi+ = 59k
500mi+ = 63k

Tri Motor
350mi = 59k
425mi = 65k
500mi = 69k
as we are snowbirds, we need long range +500 mi and dual motors...

Iacemoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ram 1500 <> 1970 Chevy C10 Stepside Custom
Occupation
Drug Dealer
Country flag
like this idea. another motor and 50 miles for $10k more seems like not enough.
Cool thanks. It's funny but that's exactly what the only upgrade option is right now for people that need / want AWD. A little more range to 300 and another motor for 10k.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
My guess is that the Single Motor CT will be pretty basic, similar to the $39.9k Model III that you have to call Tesla to order. Less expensive upholstery, steel wheels with hubcaps, basic radio, etc. I ordered a Single Motor but will be upgrading to the Dual Motor and spending the extra $10k for all wheel drive, longer range, alloy wheels, upgraded interior, better sound system, etc.

Cybertruck Tampa

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Why would you think that? Those numbers represent Telsa's current estimates of the EPA rating numbers. They are probably conservative by 2 or 3 miles (e.g. I wouldn't be surprised in the Trimotor came in with an EPA number of 503 miles or something like that) but I certainly wouldn't expect more than that.
Well this vehicle was unveiled in November 2019 with a production date of late 2021. Tesla has been on the edge of breakthrough to better, more efficient and lighter batteries. Therefor I assume the Cybertruck will almost certainly have the new battery tech in it.

Those estimates were almost certainly conservative. Do you honestly think they would wasted their time putting 500+ insinuating the plus is only 3 additional miles? I don’t, while I don’t believe it’s 100 miles, I’d say 25-50 miles. Of course most of this is speculation by all of us, but I don’t believe the +was for 3 miles.

Last edited:

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
If you don't need to tow and you don't need the range and you want to conserve your brass and you are mature enough that you don't need to pull 0.94 g out of every light and stop sign then the single motor is the model for you. If Tesla didn't think there were millions of people in the US that met these criteria they wouldn't offer the single motor.
You forgot those of us who live in snow country... AWD may be important so that puts us into the Dual motor at least.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Even the single motor will have torque vectoring to some extent through differential braking. Not as good as the dual and tri motor but probably not too bad either.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Even the single motor will have torque vectoring to some extent through differential braking. Not as good as the dual and tri motor but probably not too bad either.
Probably not. In my Big truck, the rear gets pretty loose in snow and I don't want those rear wheels to be the only propulsion option. So, for me, it was either the Dual or Tri... The range sealed the deal but to be honest, once I decided to get it, the extra $10,000 for the range and power was easy enough of a jump. (I've made good life decisions and can manage the difference)

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I totally agree! $39,900 is a STEAL! The night of the reveal, I was thinking, how can Tesla sell their other cars for so much more? The CT is going to steal sales from the rest of the fleet. Living in So. Cal. with some of the most benign weather in the world and being 64, I don't need AWD. 3400 lbs capacity is awesome and towing 7500lbs would be fine, the boat launch is 2 miles from my house. My E250 van that the CT is replacing, does 0-60 in about 10sec. the 250 mile range seemed fine. But, then as time went on I started doing some Virtual trips online with abetterrouteplanner, and it appears that on a road trip you would never drive over 200 miles between stops. Also the Supercharging takes longer when you are charging to top off the batteries. So Dual or Tri is now looking more likely.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Probably not. In my Big truck, the rear gets pretty loose in snow and I don't want those rear wheels to be the only propulsion option. So, for me, it was either the Dual or Tri... The range sealed the deal but to be honest, once I decided to get it, the extra $10,000 for the range and power was easy enough of a jump. (I've made good life decisions and can manage the difference)
1 thing to remember the CT will equal weight distribution like all Tesla vehicles. An ICE truck has a very light rear/ heavy front. I wouldn’t worry

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
So I have the dual on order but starting to think hard about the single motor. I live in South Florida so no weather issues that require awd and I won’t be towing ever. Is the 250 mileage plenty even for a road trip that wouldn’t be often? I’m starting to think so but still not totally convinced and I know there is a possibility of the ranges getting pushed higher which would help.
[/QUOTE

I don't see anybody mentioning passing power. When I need to pass, I want to be able to PASS! Not just cruise on by. My Hemi was a passing demon! Well, it was until it blew a piston, but passing power is something it never lacked. I chose the dual motor for that very reason and a 10k reasonable upgrade. 20k additional for the tri-motor was a bit too steep and probably overkill. But although I see 0-60 mph and 1/4 mile performance stats, I never see anything about passing power. Maybe it is implied, but that is over my head. When I stomped on that 300C, friends said I was gone. I hope for the same with my dual CT.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
When I stomped on that 300C, friends said I was gone. I hope for the same with my dual CT.
Without knowing anything about your 300C I am still pretty confident that your CT would leave it in the dust.
Sponsored