g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Tesla tends to build up huge piles of castings and use them steadily. Before the Model Y used the castings, they ended up literally ringing Fremont with piles of them.

They're big, they don't need them yet, they gotta sit somewhere, they don't really care about the weather...

-Crissa
That’s a theory. Maybe they’re storing these inside somewhere while they start building a few RC mules
Sponsored

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If those are stacked 3-4 high then those 15 piles have between 45-60 castings so that's a really good sign. They could be pumping those out still.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
Obviously those are the castings for the new Tesla "Dune"Buggy.....you hadn't heard? They are replacing the Tesla Quad with this new DuneBuggy code named the SandWorm.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
That’s a theory. Maybe they’re storing these inside somewhere while they start building a few RC mules
OK I'll bite. I know an early prototype testing vehicle is called a mule, but what's an RC mule? Is it Remote Control for crash testing?

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
OK I'll bite. I know an early prototype testing vehicle is called a mule, but what's an RC mule? Is it Remote Control for crash testing?
Release candidate, as in production line made and manufactured for the intent of finalizing the engineering and design.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
That's an odd thing to say since the first Model Y was delivered only four months after Tesla *revealed* the Cybertruck (Nov. 11th, 2019) as something in the pipeline and the Texas Gigafactory only recently became finished enough to start production. The plan all along, since the Austin, TX site was announced, was to ramp the Model Y there first. It was announced in July of 2020 that Tesla had chosen the Austin site for their next gigafactory.

In any case, it would have been foolish to ramp the new Cybertruck platform simultaneously with the Model Y, given all the disruption caused by COVID. Tesla would not have been able to increase the volume of total EV's displacing gas cars during COVID had they chosen to ramp Cybertruck alongside the Model Y (and that was never the plan). The other benefit here, besides more total EV's, is the cost savings to consumers. Because Tesla chose the most efficient growth path, during very trying times, they were able to lower the entry prices for their EV's significantly, while remaining profitable, making it more affordable for more people to make the transition.

It's called value for your money.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
To me those look more like they could be the front casting.