Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
One night in SF, no key scratches, no broken windows, and no dents on the panels. I say the dry run is passed more than ok.
And with the tonneau cover closed, nobody pooped in it! :cool::poop:
Sponsored

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a CYBRTRK :-(
Those reflections at night :love:

Does anyone else enjoy the relentless wave of moaning from the general public each time a new video is posted on the Cybertruck? Reading them has now become a bit of a personal hobby. Half the reason I want to buy a CT now is just so I can annoy them IRL.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Does anyone else enjoy the relentless wave of moaning from the general public each time a new video is posted on the Cybertruck? Reading them has now become a bit of a personal hobby. Half the reason I want to buy a CT now is just so I can annoy them IRL.
Understood. We have a local car show that starts with a big Friday night parade through the town with all the old hot rods (they close the main drag down except for the registered cars). I'm really tempted to enter the CT and just crawl quietly by.... expecting lots of boos while I raise and lower the ride height.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

I too love to read the people that are in their denial grief phase.

This dude hollering about it not being able to tow or haul payload because hes a farmer is crazy lol. Is his farm like 300 miles long?!

Bro should make a solar farm.

People forget that this happened a while ago.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
This dude hollering about it not being able to tow or haul payload because hes a farmer is crazy lol. Is his farm like 300 miles long?!
I tend to dismiss people who steal Jason Batemans photo for their profile......

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
"GenXSamurai" is not a farmer.

They're a troll who posts hateful things on twitter all day.

They're not just wrong about the Cybertruck, they actually promote violence and harassment. It's kinda gross.

A farmer wouldn't have time to do that.

-Crissa

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag

'Cleopatra Syndrome' strikes yet again [( He's ) makin' an (Egyptian) Asp of himself ]
The CYBRTRK should cross D' Nile. :)

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
by no means a dig at Tesla, because all manufacturers have similarly meaningless “pulling” stunts. see eg Ford Lighting pulling 1,000,000lb train - which is 4X heavier that 747

Like the Lightning train pull, in the case of the model X and the 747, it’s also not an impressive feat - here’s a single human pulling a 44 ton plane ( 1/3 the weight of the 747):

the physics involved here are not synonymous with how a vehicle needs to perform to be considered capable to “tow” something (which instead involves standardized tests of eg climbing grades within a minimum mph, accelerating to X, Y, Z, mph within A, B, C, seconds, launching, decelerating, etc.)

which is why a Model X has a maximum tow rating of 5,000lbs, not 240,000lb (that 757’s weight)

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

I hardly ever ever ever block people. Him, I blocked. It just gets to a breaking point.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
by no means a dig at Tesla, because all manufacturers have similarly meaningless “pulling” stunts. see eg Ford Lighting pulling 1,000,000lb train - which is 4X heavier that 747

Like the Lightning train pull, in the case of the model X and the 747, it’s also not an impressive feat - here’s a single human pulling a 44 ton plane ( 1/3 the weight of the 747):

the physics involved here are not synonymous with how a vehicle needs to perform to be considered capable to “tow” something (which instead involves standardized tests of eg climbing grades within a minimum mph, accelerating to X, Y, Z, mph within A, B, C, seconds, launching, decelerating, etc.)

which is why a Model X has a maximum tow rating of 5,000lbs, not 240,000lb (that 757’s weight)
The big difference is its effortless for the X. I'm not saying that because it can move this plane it's can tow this plane long distances up steep grades. But if this SUV that has no real focus on towing can move a plane with little to no obvious strain, then a truck made by the same company with them actually trying to tow things won't have an issue moving his tractor across his farm.
Sponsored