cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
then a truck made by the same company with them actually trying to tow things won't have an issue moving his tractor across his farm.
I didn’t intend, and didn’t, say anything to support the supposed farmers supposed towing of a supposed tractor. F that guy.

Instead only to point out that the model X pull of a plane is a bad argument for it having any towing prowess

many SUVs and 1/2 ton trucks are not known for towing prowess, and could just as easily move that plane - the key characteristic needed being not torque, but vehicle weight

put differently, the model X does well at pulling that plane because it is heavy of battery, not because it is any “good” at towing

Those pulling stunts are, ironically, geared toward attracting customers that don’t know anything about towing.
Sponsored

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I didn’t intend, and didn’t, say anything to support the supposed farmers supposed towing of a supposed tractor. F that guy.

Instead only to point out that the model X pull of a plane is a bad argument for it having any towing prowess

many SUVs and 1/2 ton trucks are not known for towing prowess, and could just as easily move that plane - the key characteristic needed being not torque, but vehicle weight

put differently, the model X does well at pulling that plane because it is heavy of battery, not because it is any “good” at towing

Those pulling stunts are, ironically, geared toward attracting customers that don’t know anything about towing.
If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
One night in SF, no key scratches, no broken windows, and no dents on the panels. I say the dry run is passed more than ok.
I think they're going from one enclosed/secured parking structure to another. Qtherwise we would have seen some detailed parked interior shots considering people are now leaving their windows down and cars unlocked so they don't get damaged by would be thieves in the bay.

S.H.Peterson

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Currently Dodge Truck owner
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
"GenXSamurai" is not a farmer.

They're a troll who posts hateful things on twitter all day.

They're not just wrong about the Cybertruck, they actually promote violence and harassment. It's kinda gross.

A farmer wouldn't have time to do that.

-Crissa

TOTALLY AGREE... I live in farm country in rural Alabama ( God bless us) and farmers are straight up 'git'r done' they dont bother with fussin and eye-rolling..

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I think they're going from one enclosed/secured parking structure to another. Qtherwise we would have seen some detailed parked interior shots considering people are now leaving their windows down and cars unlocked so they don't get damaged by would be thieves in the bay.
No, this is not common practice.

-Crissa

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Definitely seen some ppl leave notes on the back windows stating no valuables inside. After my gf model 3 windows got smashed she now leaves her back seats down. They break the small rear quarter glass to fold the rear seats down to take a look what's in your trunk...if there are any goodies they break the larger rear window to hop inside to grab whatever they can. So on any given street there would be 4-8 model 3 with broken windows. When we were at Tesla service getting new glass put in, window tech said they do anywhere from 50-80 cars a day, everyday.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Definitely seen some ppl leave notes on the back windows stating no valuables inside. After my gf model 3 windows got smashed she now leaves her back seats down. They break the small rear quarter glass to fold the rear seats down to take a look what's in your trunk...if there are any goodies they break the larger rear window to hop inside to grab whatever they can. So on any given street there would be 4-8 model 3 with broken windows. When we were at Tesla service getting new glass put in, window tech said they do anywhere from 50-80 cars a day, everyday.
https://tesbros.com/products/droplock-rear-seat-lock-for-model-3

Just get these.

-Crissa

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
by no means a dig at Tesla, because all manufacturers have similarly meaningless “pulling” stunts. see eg Ford Lighting pulling 1,000,000lb train - which is 4X heavier that 747

Like the Lightning train pull, in the case of the model X and the 747, it’s also not an impressive feat - here’s a single human pulling a 44 ton plane ( 1/3 the weight of the 747):

the physics involved here are not synonymous with how a vehicle needs to perform to be considered capable to “tow” something (which instead involves standardized tests of eg climbing grades within a minimum mph, accelerating to X, Y, Z, mph within A, B, C, seconds, launching, decelerating, etc.)

which is why a Model X has a maximum tow rating of 5,000lbs, not 240,000lb (that 757’s weight)
I agree, almost anything can tow an airplane. The main question is if CT can carry one:

israndy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Mitsubishi I-Miev, 2x 2007 Vectrix VX-1, 2000 Honda Insight, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired from IT
Country flag
Wingless airplane or rotorless helicopter. Still would love to know more about this guy and his income

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado,
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Are you aware Bakersfield is pretty much #1 for car break ins in the country...?
Sponsored