Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Tesla sells every new vehicle with negative margins until they ramp that vehicle to high enough margins to be sustainable. In otherwords, Cybertruck will have very low margins for at least the first year or so. It's only the success of each vehicle, the sales volume that results in, and Tesla's ability to continually improve manufacturing processes, that eventually results in profits for Tesla. They will be quick to lower pricing too, if they see demand cannot sustain the current pricing.

The reason most Tesla models right now are priced so high is because pre-orders with locked in prices extend out to 6 months or a year or more in some cases and so Tesla has to set pricing that will still be viable if the required parts and materials they buy from others continue to inflate rapidly. The Cybertruck pricing will have to consider this too because it's not a good idea for Tesla to fill the reservations in chronological order while constantly making those whose turn comes later, pay higher prices.

Heck, Tesla customers even become outraged when Tesla lowers pricing after they make a purchase. They claim it was unfair that later buyers paid less than they did! Tesla really does have a demand problem because they don't know how much it's going to cost them to make them a year out when inflation has been growing as fast as it has. They have to guess when they let you lock in a price a year in advance.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Monday morning, coffee in hand I look at the Forum and see a comment from CyberGus. Always a good place to start my day.

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, WHAT THE!!!!!!!! 🥴;)
Sponsored

Neo

First Name
Neo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Turbo | Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Professional
Country flag
I've said it before, I think the price will be at least 20% increase across the board...and prob more like 25%.

Single 55k
Dual 65k
Tri 85k
Quad 100k
I think offering all of these motor options are foolish, feels like the rabbit hole Apple has gone down...

Make a Quad-Motor only, no transfer case needed, then offer 2 or 3 battery pack sizes and be done with it. That should keep the pricing more modest, something like $70k | $80k | $90k based on battery capacity.

What ever you do, get to it... My Cayenne needs a front suspension and the Turbos need rebuilding, this isn't sustainable, I need my CT4 yesterday.

Last edited:

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I think offering all of these is foolish, feels like the rabbit hole Apple has gone down...

Make a Quad-Motor only, no transfer case needed, then offer 2 or 3 battery pack sizes and be done with it. That should keep the pricing more modest, something like $70k | $80k | $90k based on battery capacity.
Would be interesting if they just put model s plaid rear motors for front and back of CT. Would be a beast 1000hp 1000tq CT. 😍

Aceman1120

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Musician/Producer
Country flag
I was under the impression that there will be NO SINGLE MOTOR variant available..is that correct?

shilvock22

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Military
Country flag
It's clear that Tesla will release the quad motor version to start. Elon has said as much. I'd be shocked if it started at less than $130,000, In fact, I would expect it to be more like $140 to $150,000. I mean, if people are paying $110,000 in aftermarket for rivian's and $180,000 or more for Hummers then Tesla knows they can get at least that much.

shilvock22

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Military
Country flag
I've said it before, I think the price will be at least 20% increase across the board...and prob more like 25%.

Single 55k
Dual 65k
Tri 85k
Quad 100k
That's still way too low, quad motor will be first out the gate and will likely start at over $130k

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's clear that Tesla will release the quad motor version to start. Elon has said as much. I'd be shocked if it started at less than $130,000, In fact, I would expect it to be more like $140 to $150,000. I mean, if people are paying $110,000 in aftermarket for rivian's and $180,000 or more for Hummers then Tesla knows they can get at least that much.
I don't think that will happen....bunch of people will bailout......this truck is not a toy for most...in fact they want a daily driver or work truck and they could buy 2 or 3 Ford Lightings for the price of the CT4.....

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
Agreed.

The CyberTruck has well over 1 million prospective buyers on the waiting list. Supply & Demand can affect pricing.

The Rivian is now well into the $80,000 range. Ford Lightning Lariat and Platinum are over $80,000. Tesla has raised the price of the Model Y several times over the last 2 years, and many times since November 2019

My WAG (wild ass guess) is that $79,000 for a Dual CyberTruck would not be a crazy price. There are so many people on the waiting list, Tesla can sell everyone they build.

(Which means the Quad could sell for $99,000?)

bdmridgeback

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevy Traverse, BDM Ridgeback, Ford Transit Connect
Occupation
Business Owner/Manager
Country flag
No, but there are only a handful of places with train tracks where I live. And it's rare to need to go the route to cross them. But why would Traffic Aware Cruise Control try to turn so hard?
Got it on video, 3 separate times so far. Yanks the steering wheel right out of your hands and tries to make a hard turn down any tracks that aren't perpendicular to the road. Then after so many times it screws up in cruise control it locks you out and need to restart car to get cruise back. Not to mention options that musk has taken away since car was bought.

JStat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model Y
Country flag
I think offering all of these motor options are foolish, feels like the rabbit hole Apple has gone down...

What ever you do, get to it... My Cayenne needs a front suspension and the Turbos need rebuilding, this isn't sustainable, I need my CT4 yesterday.
Oooh, I like that.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.