Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Not trying to troll... I actually just came out of a lease on an F150. I couldn't stand how easily the aluminum body dented and scratched so easily. I am very much looking forward to my durable CT.
My CT design is just a little more traditional with mirrors and a round steering wheel.
A little bit more :?)
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Not my issue. But would they really be that hard to clean with a built-in air compressor? Sure, if the aggregate is the wrong dimensions then yea, it would suck, but between not doing aggregate and having a compressor I'd rather have the T-slots. Different strokes for different folks, I get that they could actually be bad to have for some people.
tslot holes don't appear to be that small. I've only hauled 3/4" aggregate in my trailer. Would that even fit a tslot hole? Sand would be a pain but a compressor would at least help out. Isn't a tslot rail a long thing? To be unusable it would need to be completely/mostly filled with 'stuff'.

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
tslot holes don't appear to be that small. I've only hauled 3/4" aggregate in my trailer. Would that even fit a tslot hole? Sand would be a pain but a compressor would at least help out. Isn't a tslot rail a long thing? To be unusable it would need to be completely/mostly filled with 'stuff'.
Yes, t-slot rails are a long rail. Often called 80/20 because of the main manufacturer. They are extremely strong considering their weight.

Tesla Cybertruck My CT would have.... 1628027399570

So strong that mounting something like this

Tesla Cybertruck My CT would have.... 1628027243147

could easily support someone standing on the edge. There were a bunch of conversations about them possibly being in the bed but nothing definitive and the pictures suggest probably not. (There is L-track on each side confirmed for tie-downs and anything else you want to mount). Until we see a production model, it's more wish list than probability.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It would be hard to reconcile T Slots in the bed with the apparent design of the under vault storage.

Tesla Cybertruck My CT would have.... 1628028375400

Youā€™d have to have a very thick lid to the under vault storage to have T Slots in it. Youā€™d also need the storage lid latches to be beefy enough to support whatever load you strap to it.

Iā€˜d have to dig around, but Iā€˜m pretty sure the only people who have had a chance to examine the bed said they were *not* T Slots.

This is one of those rumors that sort of gains a life of itā€™s own.

Tesla Cybertruck My CT would have.... 1628028141901

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Well, the rubber lines on the deck look like the T-slots on my roof rack.
Since we havenā€™t seen the actual slots exposed let alone, anything attached to them, there is a lot of supposition going on.

Seems like an awful lot of machined metal on a car that is designed to be easy to build.

My theory: Itā€™s basically an adhesive/ filler holding the floor slats together. They put down the adhesive and press the steel plates into it. Then the excess is scraped off like tile grout is.

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
MY CT would haveā€¦ā€¦ā€¦. brace yourselfā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ RADAR ? Iā€™m prolly gonna regret that but I just had to ?. No more radar talk, I promise lol.

Last edited:

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Looks like a pretty great list. I am going to add round steering wheel to the list. And I would really like to see the gate fold down flat so that you can sleep in the vault and the cab at the same time.
meh.... a yoke helps to keep your hands at a safe driving position.

ranjames

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F350
Occupation
Cyber EVP
Country flag
How about equipping it with a earlier delivery... and let me the first on the block to receive...

Hunter71294

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500
Occupation
Construction Equipment Rental
Country flag
Ventilated seats, 20k tow capacity, 5 person seating and a large center console, and 300 miles range while towing would be great.

Dave Lyon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
Occupation
entrepreneur
Country flag